We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: v1.98 (release hopefully imminent)  (Read 15739 times)

Offline pagewrite

• Sr. Newbie
Re: v1.98 (release hopefully imminent)
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2015, 03:58:46 pm »
I find that this happens sometimes in various apps, along with the keyboard only being partially readable. The solution that always works for me is rotate the device 90 then 180 then back to your original orientation. It seems to sort out this bug.  Give that a try.

Problem is, when in "edit" mode, screen rotation does nothing.  It's only once you've hit the save button can I rotate the screen, but being able to press the save button is the problem - I can't... it's covered with the iOS status bar information.

Grrr.

Am I really the only one with this problem?

Offline osmosis

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2015, 04:26:34 pm »
I find that this happens sometimes in various apps, along with the keyboard only being partially readable. The solution that always works for me is rotate the device 90 then 180 then back to your original orientation. It seems to sort out this bug.  Give that a try.

Problem is, when in "edit" mode, screen rotation does nothing.  It's only once you've hit the save button can I rotate the screen, but being able to press the save button is the problem - I can't... it's covered with the iOS status bar information.

Grrr.

Am I really the only one with this problem?

I just saw that you said iphone 4. That may be the issue. I'm on iPad Air, Mini, iPhones 5 and 6 and am not having the issue you describe.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2015, 05:18:56 pm »
Looks like the issue with the status bar hiding the save button exists on all iPhone models, though probably only on iOS 8. By the way, you can still click save: if you care for a little pixel hunting you will be able to hit the button at the very edge of the bottom.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2015, 05:06:05 pm »
One thing that I found odd was that the ranges seem to adjust themselves after saving. For example, if I add a minimum temp of 60, and a maximum temp of 80, then save, they'll be different when I return to the control properties screen. They're now 61 and 81, respectively. So I thought I'd be clever and set the limits to 59 and 79... but then they stayed at 59 and 79. It's still a huge improvement, but behaves oddly.

The temperature ranges get converted to Celsius and then back to Fahrenheit, so there's the odd rounding issue.  There's a very good reason for that conversion, but it escapes me at the moment  :P

I'm having some issues adding buttons to the Today Widget as well... particularly, buttons from a multiswitch. I can select the multiswitch, but not much else. I can't specify which switch I want to display. Aside from that, I can't actually get the widget to show up, even after going into the iPhone settings and ensuring it's selected for the Notification Center, etc. I'm less concerned about the widget, since I rarely use the Today screen anyway. But it appears I'm missing something on that feature.

After adding an on/off switch and linking it to the multi button, open the switch's properties.  Near the top you'll see an entry "Controlling: button 1". Tap that, and you'll be able to select the other buttons.

Open the today screen (after unlocking the phone), there's an edit button at the bottom which will bring up active and inactive widgets on the today screen.  There you can enable the widget for HomeWave.

Splash screens usually annoy me, but this one is brief and looks good.

They are actually mandatory for all apps.  In the old days, Apple recommended to display a screenshot of your app there so the user would be tricked into believing the app started quickly (maybe they still do recommend this). I thought I'd replace the old screenshots with this splash screen to see how it looks.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline nullx8

• Trouble !
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2015, 09:50:02 pm »
Splash screens usually annoy me, but this one is brief and looks good.

They are actually mandatory for all apps.  In the old days, Apple recommended to display a screenshot of your app there so the user would be tricked into believing the app started quickly (maybe they still do recommend this). I thought I'd replace the old screenshots with this splash screen to see how it looks.

still do .. even on OS Level this is still beeing done, if the device goes to sleep it takes a screenshoot of the last screen it did show .. to display immideatly until the device is done waking up .. (even OSX computers does that)

the splash looks Awesome btw.
1 VeraLite, 2 RaspberryPI, Harmony Remote, openLuup, 85 Devices, 34Nodes, 63 Triggers, 49 Scenes

Offline akashk

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2015, 09:24:43 am »
Ron, v1.98 seems to have broken a few things. If using a slider, the "tap on/off" button does not work at all. Looks like the slider comes to the foreground of the icon taking the control away from the icon behind it (I am using custom icon for the control). Also, the slider behavior has become very erratic. Taking the slider down to the lowest setting does not switch the light off and taking it to the highest setting does not brighten at 100%. Sometimes the middle of the slider will brighten at 100%. Seems like the slider control is a hybrid between slider and circle :D. Can I downgrade to the prev. version in the meantime? I have been using Vera Mobile since HomeWave in its current state is practically not usable. Apologies, I should have tested the beta ver., but was too busy at work. Thanks in advance.

Offline DeltaNu1142

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2015, 10:58:40 am »
The temperature ranges get converted to Celsius and then back to Fahrenheit, so there's the odd rounding issue.  There's a very good reason for that conversion, but it escapes me at the moment  :P
Ahhhh... that makes sense. It explains why some numbers remain as entered, and some round up.

After adding an on/off switch and linking it to the multi button, open the switch's properties.  Near the top you'll see an entry "Controlling: button 1". Tap that, and you'll be able to select the other buttons.
My problem was actually finding how to get to the properties screen. Hit Edit, then the red minus button, then press Edit again. It was unclear to me, but I've got it now... thanks!
Vera 3 @ UI5 | HomeWave | PLEG

Offline nullx8

• Trouble !
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2015, 08:11:32 pm »
There is one tiny thing.
On the very right there is one column of pixels cropped off.

Not a dealbreaker, just reporting for the quest of perfection :)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 12:51:40 am by nullx8 »
1 VeraLite, 2 RaspberryPI, Harmony Remote, openLuup, 85 Devices, 34Nodes, 63 Triggers, 49 Scenes

Offline Silverow

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2015, 12:14:08 am »
Ron, v1.98 seems to have broken a few things. If using a slider, the "tap on/off" button does not work at all. Looks like the slider comes to the foreground of the icon taking the control away from the icon behind it (I am using custom icon for the control). Also, the slider behavior has become very erratic. Taking the slider down to the lowest setting does not switch the light off and taking it to the highest setting does not brighten at 100%. Sometimes the middle of the slider will brighten at 100%. Seems like the slider control is a hybrid between slider and circle :D. Can I downgrade to the prev. version in the meantime
+1

Offline roquej

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2015, 08:51:00 am »
+1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline nullx8

• Trouble !
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2015, 05:03:58 am »
I have been using Vera Mobile since HomeWave in its current state is practically not usable

Vera Mobile .. over Broken Homewave ? cant be that bad :P

well for the time beeing .. just turn off the button action on sliders .. i just tested this .. working just fine on LED, Dimmers and Curtains.

Offline akashk

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2015, 10:47:28 am »
I have been using Vera Mobile since HomeWave in its current state is practically not usable

Vera Mobile .. over Broken Homewave ? cant be that bad :P

well for the time beeing .. just turn off the button action on sliders .. i just tested this .. working just fine on LED, Dimmers and Curtains.
Yup, that's what I have done. But I like the sliders 8) 8)

Offline intveltr

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2015, 11:33:41 am »
You should be able to toggle the sliding dimmers by tapping the label.

The upcoming patch will fix this.  You'll be able to tap anywhere to toggle: on the label, the slide track, or the pip.

Offline DeltaNu1142

v1.98 (release hopefully imminent)
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2015, 03:38:34 am »
RE: upcoming patch... did you see this post I made in a HW thread last week?
Do you know what's going on with the status bar? If I wanted to add an image/icon to a new control screen right now, I wouldn't be able to do it. In fact, I can't add a background image because the status bar for HW is sitting behind the iPhone status bar.
I put a couple images in that thread, here.

Every time I tap "Photo" for either an individual control or a screen background image, the iPhone status bar shows up & will not go away. I need to close out the app every time I do this.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 06:53:07 am by DeltaNu1142 »
Vera 3 @ UI5 | HomeWave | PLEG

Offline intveltr

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2015, 03:53:21 am »
That'll be fixed as well. The patch is almost ready