Author Topic: VeraEdge: How to Restore Backup  (Read 2325 times)

Offline IUknown

• Sr. Newbie
VeraEdge: How to Restore Backup
« on: January 14, 2015, 06:26:06 pm »
When I restore my Vera Edge I have no devices.  When I backed it up I had 12 devices.  I tried uploaded a backup that I had stored on my PC hard drive and I tried restoring internal backups.  Still no devices.

Is this some procedural thing of am I confused and backup doesn't backup devices.  If not that seems really stupid.  I would kind of hate to have to restore my network from scratch.  It appears to have restored my scenes and rooms but no devices.

I could not get a device to reconnect properly even after unpairing.  So my strategy was to start over and restore the backup.  Maybe it was so messed up that the backup didn't work OR I am misunderstanding the concept of backing up the controller.

Can someone enlighten me?

Offline IUknown

• Sr. Newbie
Re: VeraEdge: How to Restore Backup
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 09:39:34 pm »
There is a checkbox on the restore screen to restore the zwave network.   I checked it and restored a backup.   Not sure how I would do that to a backup I uploaded to a pc.

Offline altosax

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 02:41:11 am »
 :(Same story, 2018! NO answer?

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 09:27:23 pm »
Here is what I typically do:
1) Just before I backup, I backup z-wave network (see screen shot below).
2) When z-wave backup is complete (may take about 15 minuted), I select create back up, which prompts me to save it to a local drive. I use a NAS to safeguard my Vera files. I have quite a few saved backups with the z-wave network.

Not sure why no one responded all these years. It is pretty obvious to me how to back up my Vera.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 09:29:16 pm by Don Phillips »
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101, Everspring motion sensor, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 09:44:20 pm »
This forum uses the applaud instead of like.
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101, Everspring motion sensor, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa

Online HSD99

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 09:46:27 pm »
2) When z-wave backup is complete (may take about 15 minuted), I select create back up, which prompts me to save it to a local drive. I use a NAS to safeguard my Vera files. I have quite a few saved backups with the z-wave network.

Not sure why no one responded all these years. It is pretty obvious to me how to back up my Vera.

Interesting---I have a fairly large Z-Wave network and my back-ups take less than a minute on my VP.

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 07:00:10 am »
Hey there,

a backup can be restored from Settings-> Backup -> pick a backup from the list, check the box for "Restore Z-Wave network", then press on Restore.
Unless there is some kind of issue with the backup file, in which case the Customer Care can have a look as well.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 07:38:15 pm »

Interesting---I have a fairly large Z-Wave network and my back-ups take less than a minute on my VP.

It is probably related to me using a Vera 3. It seems, regardless of size of the network, it takes the same amount of time.