Author Topic: IU7: Unable to login  (Read 1665 times)

Offline dick.krijgsman

IU7: Unable to login
« on: January 16, 2015, 09:32:19 am »
Hi,

For some reason, unknown to me, I am not able to login to the UI7. Whenever I login I am redirected properly to my device but it fails to keep me logged in. This prevents me from changing settings (like Fahrenheit to Celsius!).

[offtopic]
Unrelated but I feel like I have to mention this:
A few weeks ago during Xmas break I thought I was updating Vera to the latest version of UI5 ( i was running a version of at least two years old). For some reason I failed to see that that update was not UI5 but UI7.  After the upgrade most of my scenes did not work, I had to define most of them again! A lot of work that I wasn't very happy about. Then again, the new options in this version (like "Mode") that I guess where the reason for the failures are pretty cool. So I like to keep using UI7. Then again, this login problem must get fixed or it's useless.
[/offtopic]

I hope someone can help me.

Regards,
Dirk

Offline dick.krijgsman

Re: IU7: Unable to login
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 03:59:44 am »
Another update on this matter:

I noticed that yet again, my Vera3 was unable to see that there was another software update. So I added it manually hoping it would fix my problem.
The device successfully upgraded to "1.7.481".
Before the upgrade there where 12 devices "not responding". Mostly battery powered devices. After the upgrade I have 31 devices "not responding". Most of my lights are non-responsive, it has made my Vera-setup utterly useless.

I think it's best to return to UI5 ASAP from a backup. However, the login-problem is preventing me from accessing my backup. The backup that I made locally three weeks ago, is lost due to a hardware failure on my HD. Murphy's law at it's best.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to get Vera working properly again?
(I have over 200 devices and most of my home appliances are connected so starting from scratch will take me at least a full work-week)

Thanks!

Offline dick.krijgsman

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 04:25:00 am »
Please note that I just realised that the problem looks like "http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,27902.0.html", another active topic atm. But only when I use Chrome. Firefox and Safari forward me properly to the UI7 but fail to login. Chrome forwards to UI5 while keeping me logged in. Of course the interface doesn't work as I have upgraded.

Marc Shenker

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 08:25:16 am »
Please note that I just realised that the problem looks like "http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,27902.0.html", another active topic atm. But only when I use Chrome. Firefox and Safari forward me properly to the UI7 but fail to login. Chrome forwards to UI5 while keeping me logged in. Of course the interface doesn't work as I have upgraded.

Please fill out a support ticket at http://support.getvera.com/customer/portal/emails/new. Email me the ticket number and I will get your ticket prioritized. I should be able to get you connected with someone in Technical Support today.