We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Instant status with insteon and vera edge?  (Read 4376 times)

Offline crimsondr

Instant status with insteon and vera edge?
« on: January 18, 2015, 12:05:29 pm »
Are insteon switches instant status with the vera edge?

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: Instant status with insteon and vera edge?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 09:46:34 pm »
You would need to use Altsteon or an ISY controller and the ISY plugin. The built in insteon support of vera is limited.

- Garrett

Offline airedale

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 11:09:10 pm »
Garrett - have you gotten Altsteon working on a Vera Edge?

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 06:50:31 am »
I do not use Altsteon and do not own a Vera edge. I use my own plugin (ISY Plugin) and the ISY controller.

- Garrett

Offline mb323

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 09:36:51 am »
Insteon support doesn't seem to work with VeraEdge.  Using a brand new VeraEdge and brand new Insteon 2413U modem.  I have factory reset 3 times and installed the Insteon modem with the same result: INSTEON : No INSTEON

It looks like it adds the Insteon modem but then can't communicate with it.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 10:39:55 am by mb323 »

Marc Shenker

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 10:57:59 am »
@mb323

We are still having issues with the USB port on the VeraEdge. This is a known problem, the Development Team is working on it and we hope to have it resolved in the next firmware update.

Offline airedale

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 12:30:15 pm »
@Marc Shenker,

When the USB support is worked out, can we expect the Insteon Fanlinc modules to work natively? That is the only reason I have had to utilize Altsteon, which doesn't seem to work on the VeraEdge. I installed Altsteon as a client to a remote instance of Altsteon working on a Raspberry PI.

Thanks!

Offline Dieseldon45

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 07:59:56 pm »
Have same problem when adding my Insteon Powerlinc 2413U. Message on Veraedge says "NO INSTEAON". I have many older X10 devices that worked well with UI5 on a Vera 3. Veraedge shows two ways to add Insteon-apparently one just activating device and another entering device ID. Both get says result "Command failed". Is it more than USB problem, maybe 2413U is history with Veraedge......

Offline slief

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 12:57:33 am »
Have same problem when adding my Insteon Powerlinc 2413U. Message on Veraedge says "NO INSTEAON". I have many older X10 devices that worked well with UI5 on a Vera 3. Veraedge shows two ways to add Insteon-apparently one just activating device and another entering device ID. Both get says result "Command failed". Is it more than USB problem, maybe 2413U is history with Veraedge......

I just set my Vera Edge up today and installed the 2413U and have the same issue. I setup a couple X10 switches and couldn't get them to work. I get an error when I try to turn the X10 switch on or off and there is a message at the top of the screen that says "No Insteon".

Any suggestions would be appreciated as I have several X10 switches in addition to my Z-wave switches and locks.