We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: PLUGIN: Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Thermostats  (Read 181037 times)

Offline JoeyD

Re: PLUGIN: Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Thermostats
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2015, 07:07:34 pm »
It should work, though I believe the display in UI5 doesn't update unless you switch tabs back and forth.  (Press the D button, then switch to another tab, then switch back to the set-up tab).  The actual variable get set when you click "D", but you don't see the results unless you refresh the screen by switching tabs back and forth.

Unfortunately, there isn't much I can do about that aside from potentially coding a custom Javascript tab, and even then I'm, not sure if that will solve that UI5 glitch.

Offline ServiceXp

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2015, 07:42:38 pm »
U.S.A Vera 3

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2015, 08:16:25 pm »
Thanks, ServiceXP.

Those formatting issues are ones I've had to work around in the past.  I don't have a UI5 unit at the moment to test against, but I will in the next couple days.  Despite the formatting issues, it should still technically work.

Just on a hunch though, you could try the attached JSON file and see if it gets rid of the display issues.

Offline techieferret

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2015, 09:06:04 am »
I may not be doing something right, but my stat won't accept a set point. Also, when you hold down the up arrow, the set point is goofy.  (Sometimes jumps back down by 10-20)
I can only change the fan and heat/cool mode.  (Mine is an auto-changeover model)

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2015, 11:17:05 am »
I may not be doing something right, but my stat won't accept a set point. Also, when you hold down the up arrow, the set point is goofy.  (Sometimes jumps back down by 10-20)
I can only change the fan and heat/cool mode.  (Mine is an auto-changeover model)

Hi techieferret,

We'll try and get this sorted....I'll a bit more information:

1) What UI version are you on (5 or 7)?  If you're not sure, is your screen mostly green and white (7) or blue and white (5).

2) If you press the up arrow one click at a time (slowly) does it work, show odd behaviour? 

3) What mode is your thermostat currently in when setting the setpoint fails?  (Heating, Cooling, Off, or Auto Changeover?)

Offline ServiceXp

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2015, 11:32:50 am »
Thanks, ServiceXP.

Those formatting issues are ones I've had to work around in the past.  I don't have a UI5 unit at the moment to test against, but I will in the next couple days.  Despite the formatting issues, it should still technically work.

Just on a hunch though, you could try the attached JSON file and see if it gets rid of the display issues.

The "Enabled" text is now showing for the thermostat but......

U.S.A Vera 3

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2015, 12:15:52 pm »
The "Enabled" text is now showing for the thermostat but......

Unfortunatley, I have found no away around this UI5 issue.  If I put variables on the dashboard control (in this case, last refresh time and status), they "leak" (for a lack of better term) on to subsequent tabs.  They corrupt other controls / variables unless I "dump" the contents into dummy variables somewhere on the tab...and the result you see is the garbled mess that I must place somewhere on the screen.  (where it is not overlapping other controls.)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 12:19:02 pm by JoeyD »

Offline CudaNet

• Beta Testers
  • Chimichanga !
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2015, 12:37:40 pm »
@JoeyD,

Noticed today when logging into Vera that a 'refresh' error occurred (log data below). Quick question, if the device can't authenticate (for whatever reason), does it re-attempt at any point (e.g. refreshInterval) ? Seems it was just waiting for me to restart LUUP. Once I did, voila - it reconnected. I believe the error reason was Host Unavailable or something like that..

Just curious..

Code: [Select]
06      01/27/15 11:26:49.773   Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 235 service: urn:joeyd-com:serviceId:HoneywellTCC1 variable: statusRefreshDate was: Tue, Jan 27, now: Tue, Jan 27, #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 v:(nil)/NONE duplicate:1 <0x2facd680>
06      01/27/15 11:26:49.773   Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 235 service: urn:joeyd-com:serviceId:HoneywellTCC1 variable: statusRefreshTimeSuccess was: Tue, Jan 27, 10:34:05 AM now: Tue, Jan 27, 11:26:49 AM #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 v:(nil)/NONE duplicate:0 <0x2facd680>
06      01/27/15 11:26:49.774   Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 235 service: urn:joeyd-com:serviceId:HoneywellTCC1 variable: getStatus was: Unsuccessful.  Error code: nil now: Successful #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 v:(nil)/NONE duplicate:0 <0x2facd680>
06      01/27/15 11:26:49.775   Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 235 service: urn:joeyd-com:serviceId:HoneywellTCC1 variable: t.1.refreshStatus was:  now: Successful Refresh: Tue, Jan 27, 11:26:49 AM #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 v:(nil)/NONE duplicate:0 <
openLuup, AltUI, Zway and HomeWave, enough said...

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2015, 01:33:04 pm »
Without checking, I believe this is how I implemented it... :)

1) The thermostat refresh is set for every 5 mintues.
2) If during a refresh the previously acquired authentication cookie fails, it tries to re-log in again with your user name and password to establish a new authentication cookie.  It tries this once.  If successful, it will refresh the thermostats without issue.  If not you will see a refresh error and an authentication error on your control tab.
3) This process repeats every 5 minutes.

The control tab will tell you when the last time it had to "authenticate" (needed to re-login with your ID and password.), and when the last automatic device refresh occurred.

At the end of the day, if authentication fails, it should re-try again every 5 minutes...at least that how I designed it to work.  Whether or not it does is of course another story. 

« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 01:41:42 pm by JoeyD »

Offline CudaNet

• Beta Testers
  • Chimichanga !
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2015, 09:44:15 pm »
Not a problem, I'll continue to monitor it and if it happens again I'll devise a test to see if polling is somehow interrupted...

At the end of the day, if authentication fails, it should re-try again every 5 minutes...at least that how I designed it to work.  Whether or not it does is of course another story.
openLuup, AltUI, Zway and HomeWave, enough said...

Offline Grwebster

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2015, 10:15:35 pm »
Did you see the work of this person the Honeywell Wifi thermostat.  Here is the link:

http://www.bradgoodman.com/thermostat/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2015, 07:49:47 am »
Yup.  When I started initial development and trying to figure out how to do the authentication and basic i/o, that was one of my initial sources.   

Offline memonstatus

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2015, 05:11:18 pm »
Sorry, never tested plugins before, not that hard, just uploaded the files.

Luup kept restarting, but after it settled in, it looks stable.

Works like a charm, even named the thermostats. Awesome.

Still have some glitch with numbers on UI5, doesn't bother me though.

See picture

(btw, these captchas are hard, and I learned that the tower bridge is in London)

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2015, 06:59:40 pm »
Thanks for the feedback, memonstatus.

Yes, there will be a few restarts when you first install it.  It will restart at least twice:  Once when you upload the files, and once again after it gathers your thermostat information.  (Luup is required to restart when it adds the new devices to your system.)

The "numbers" glitch is a UI5 thing which I can sort of work around.  What I can't find a way to work around at the moment, is if you click on "D" (for disable) for example, the setting updates but the screen does not reflect it unless to click on another tab and click back.

Apparently, UI5 does not like having multiple "flash" type tabs.  At some point I may develop javascript style tabs instead, but I've got some learnin' to do before I tackle that. 

Offline Tank

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2015, 09:47:33 am »
(btw, these captchas are hard, and I learned that the tower bridge is in London)

The captchas go away after 5 posts.