Author Topic: PLUGIN: Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Thermostats  (Read 163651 times)

Offline mikoz

Re: PLUGIN: Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Thermostats
« Reply #750 on: April 30, 2018, 04:20:11 pm »
I cannot get ModeState to change, it stays at Idle even though the AC is running.    Any help would be appreciated. 

I am not sure I have the latest, it seems there's no place to get the latest files, so I installed the version from apps and then searched this forum backwards looking for updates... not exactly a great solution. 

Offline MarcusB

« Reply #751 on: April 30, 2018, 09:39:03 pm »
I think that is the only way to do it now.  I'm not sure this plug in is maintained any longer.

Offline mikoz

« Reply #752 on: May 01, 2018, 12:19:46 pm »
Hi all,

Does anyone know of a reliable way to simply determine if the AC is running ("acitvly cooling") or not?  It appears that ModeState in this plugin does not work, it stays stuck at Idle. 

thanks

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #753 on: May 01, 2018, 07:46:54 pm »
Not sure this will help.  I send an alert via VeraMate alerts in PLEG using Vera Alerts based upon the fan state device variable (no plug-in).  Attached is my status report.
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb

Offline mikoz

« Reply #754 on: May 02, 2018, 10:43:57 am »
Hi all,

I found, I think, my problem, it's the refresh time.  The min allowed refresh time was 300 seconds, which is a long time I think.  I tried to lower it but the code prevents that, so I modified the code to allow for a minimum refresh of 10 seconds.  This seems to work, now I can see the status change within a much more reasonable amount of time. 

==> Is there a reason why the refresh default is so high and cannot be something like 10 seconds? 

My objective here is to turn on a  mid-pressure misting system to mist my A/C coils only when:  the A/C is actually running, the outside temp is above a certain threshold and the outside humidity is below a threshold (no sense in misting when it's humid out or even raining) .  I can put all of that together with PLEG. 

Offline maddios

« Reply #755 on: May 19, 2018, 04:26:21 am »
Hi guys,

I've been using this plugin for a while with my thermostats and it mostly works great, however lately it's been throwing error code 5 every so often.

Anyone know what error code 5 is? What's the best way to debug it if it's not something common?

Thanks

Offline BGill

« Reply #756 on: June 20, 2018, 11:43:26 pm »
@manchild - the change for fan control is being ignored. It looks like this is due to an incorrect variable name. Here is the updated lua file to correct it. Let me know if this fixes the problem.

Thanks @mikee for fixing the Fan Issue. - I had the exact same issue yesterday and searching though these threads I found this post.
I downloaded the new lua file and uploaded it to my Vera and bingo... I now have control over the Fan! Yay!
@mikee fantastic job on this plugin. It's absolutely awesome!
I am a newbie to Vera and Luup snippets etc. But as a programmer by trade I am picking it up fast.
This is all so powerful!