Author Topic: Vera Edge...setting up multi Trigger Scenes  (Read 6832 times)

Offline a few more words

Vera Edge...setting up multi Trigger Scenes
« on: January 21, 2015, 01:22:00 pm »
I have just installed a Vera edge  (UI 7 )  in our business building to control the heating , which consists of two large areas. The heating source is an oil boiler....with water pumped to large ceiling fan assisted blowers / heat exchangers in each area.

I have fitted an on / off relay on the boiler and each of the two blowers / fans. Previously all these three were switched by independent mechanical electrical timer switches. which was totally inadequate as there was no feedback on temp , in fact no temp control in the heated areas at all.

I have added a room thermometer to each of the two heated areas    ( Secure  SES301 )

I have added a Fibaro multi sensor in the boiler room with a thermometer on the boiler water out / returns temp / outside temp etc.

All these components work fine, but I am having difficulty with some scenes.

I am having no problem with a single sensor , or time schedule as a trigger....switching a device...but

I am having difficulty where I want two triggers to be satisfied  (AND ) , before a device is switched.

For example, I only want to turn on the blower fan, when the temp in that area is below 13C  AND the boiler out temp (circ water)  is above 60C..so that I do not have the blower on while cold water is circulating thru the heat exchanger.

So I selected the room stat as a trigger and set it for temp below 13C  & selected boiler out temp as trigger above 60C...but  the associated device  (relay switch) is switching on once the temp below 13C  condition is satisfied........whereas I want it to wait until the boiler out temp condition of 60C is also satisfied.

When setting up the scene , I went into advanced editor  and selected......"when ALL devices...."  instead of "when any...."  as I thought that might be   selecting  AND  instead of  OR......buy no joy yet.

Im hoping that I can achieve this within Scenes...and that I do not have to delve into more in depth Logic programming at this stage.

Any suggestions please..

Many Thanks
Tom

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
Re: Vera Edge...setting up multi Trigger Scenes
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 09:12:03 am »
Vera is unable to do AND logic by default. To accomplish your goal, you would need to use Lua code.

See @RexBeckett's fantastic Conditional Scene Execution: Some Examples.

You can also use the Program Logic Event Generator(PLEG) plugin to more easily accomplish this functionality.

Offline antrock

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 10:31:25 am »
Take a look at Combination switch plugin - https://apps.mios.com/plugin.php?id=2388

Set it like this:
When room temp. below 13 C TRUE
When boiler water temp above 60 C TRUE

Switch is on when 2  or more watched items are true.

Then use this switch as trigger for your scene. Easy peasy  :)

Offline a few more words

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 06:22:28 pm »
Thanks for the responses.

I installed the "Combination Switch"plug in  as suggested, have read some more posts and understand that it is indeed what I need to meet my requirements....but I cannot see how I attribute the required conditions to the switch.
The switch appears in device list and I have option of naming it and assigning to  a room

Under settings tab , I get

Failed to get plugins
Switch is on when  or more watched items are true.

Is it installed correctly ?

Under advanced , I get

device #68
Controlled via
Device params
name
 This refers to parent  etc...gets very confusing to this newbe here !!!!

Am I missing something / have not installed correctly ?

Any tips on correctly setting this up would be really appreciated.

Many Thanks
Tom

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 06:55:11 pm »
There is a little startup learning (Less than LUA) but you should look at PLEG if you are going to do more than a couple of boolean logic scenes.

See:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,21603.0.html

Offline antrock

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 04:50:05 am »
I think your plugin didn't finish installing. Try rebooting your Vera. After that you should get a menu like this under 'configure':

Offline a few more words

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 10:16:57 am »
Ok, Thanks for that...Im away for the next week so will have a fresh look on my return.

Many Thanks
Tom