Author Topic: EcoVent Air Handler control  (Read 5015 times)

Online rafale77

Re: EcoVent Air Handler control
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2017, 11:56:49 pm »
I have some Keen vents working with my VeraPlus running the latest firmware. Well, working might not be 100% true.

I set them up using the Window Covering device as described and they paired with very little trouble. Manual control via the slider works well and they are fairly responsive. But programmatic control is a battle I'm still fighting because for some reason I can't do anything other than fully open or fully close the vents using LUA.

It's a little weird because you are actually manipulating dimmer load targets as a proxy for the vent position, but other than simple open or closed, I can't make it work. Other than that, the vents are fine.

That is strange... I set mine up through the house modes and use lua to program the housemodes differently depending on whether it is heating or cooling and have had no issues that way.
127 zwave nodes, 8 zigbee nodes, 256 devices, 17 apps, 128 scenes on a Vera Plus linked with Echo and HomeKit through bridges

Offline bohemian

• Sr. Newbie
Re: EcoVent Air Handler control
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2017, 09:49:47 pm »
This ended up resolving itself for unknown mysterious reasons. The vents work great now. If I had the skills to create a Keen Vent plugin I would, but faking it out as a Window Covering seems to work for now.
VeraPlus, Ecobee, Legrand Adorne and too many Z-Wave devices to name