We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: UI7 Repeated notifications without state changes  (Read 582 times)

Offline Bradford

UI7 Repeated notifications without state changes
« on: January 26, 2015, 01:32:40 pm »
First off, everything used to work fine on my VeraLite UI5.  I upgraded to a VeraEdge to try to gain support for my smoke detector. I transferred my network and restored a backup from the VeraLite to the VeraEdge using instructions posted elsewhere on this forum.

VeraEdge UI7  ( 1.7.906 )  /  VeraAlerts 6.31

On the VeraAlerts settings screen I have only "Process Notifications" selected.

It seems various battery operated devices on my system trigger notifications throughout the day even though there has not been a state change. 

Here are some of my notifications from this morning:
05:17 Closed Door
06:17 Closed Door
07:18 Closed Door
08:19 Closed Door
09:19 Closed Door
09:36 OPENED Door
09:36 Closed Door
10:23 Closed Door
11:24 Closed Door

I don't know if this is related but I am also having issues with the VeraEdge where some battery operated devices periodically report "Can't Detect Device". I have a ticket open with support on this issue but so far they have only suggested that I try things I have already attempted (bringing the devices close to the unit to allow configuration) . 

While troubleshooting this issue I uninstalled the VeraAlerts plugin then reinstalled and reconfigured it from scratch to eliminate any upgrade artifacts from the equation.  Notifications work fine for powered devices and valid notifications work from the problem devices.. it's just that they also send the additional notifications as well.

Any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 01:39:09 pm by Bradford »

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
Re: UI7 Repeated notifications without state changes
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 05:52:12 pm »
I believe this is a behavior change in UI7 by MCV with notifications.
In the past ... they usually only delivered the notification when the value change ... they now seem to update it every time a value changes ... even if it is changed to the same value.

You can use PLEG to filter these ...
1) Create an input trigger for the equivalent notification trigger.
i.e.
tDoorOpen  When door is tripped

2) Create a condition that references that trigger.
i.e.
cDoorOpen     tDoorOpen

3) Add a notification for when the PLEG satisfies condition  cDoorOpen

Repeat the above for all of your annoying/repeating alerts.