We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Alternate UI to UI7  (Read 214571 times)

Offline xAPPO

Re: Alternate UI to UI7
« Reply #720 on: August 07, 2015, 06:52:29 pm »
 Just a few observations ...

The pale blue highlight that appears for example in the buttons within a MultiSwitch device panel and also in the dropdown selectors in a 'Devices' view... is that hardcoded or can it be modified through CSS ?  The pre-built CSS themes like Darkly etc. don't seem to handle it by default but I guess it is because your screenshots above have changed it.   Just trying to keep the UI as flexible for themes as possible.  I'll keep playing to find the right override class.

The on/off buttons should really be skinnable colour wise too i.e that green...  but I'm surprised in looking into this that there doesn't appear to be a jQuery UI widget for a moving bi-state button to utilise here, and any JPG or PNG isn't going to play nicely with themes either.

I am not sure how many Vera units people have.  I'm using two although I'm about to add a third now that I can control them through one UI (thanks).   Would a dropdown be useful to filter devices based on the controller, or is that perhaps not so useful a thing to do during longer term usage.  In my case the controllers represent distinct areas , including an adjacent building so it would have a benefit.

Also ... the left hand side 'Rooms' list could helpfully highlight the room name that has been selected by the Rooms dropdown.  Actually it seems to retain it's previous selection which is erroneous.    I thought this might be because of a ctrl click ability for multiple selections but I tried that and I don't think you can.

K
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 07:10:37 pm by XAPPO »
xAP, Fibaro HC2, Vera 3 Lite Edge Plus , SmartThings, HomeVision, Home Automation Hub, Hue, LIFX, C-Bus, Sonos, Barionet, Crestron, AMX, Loxone, Harmony, HouseBot, HomeSeer, Indigo, MQTT, IFTTT, IOLogix, 1-wire, IDRATek.

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #721 on: August 07, 2015, 07:11:35 pm »
pale blue:  this is btn-info  class. cf bootstrap button classes here : http://getbootstrap.com/css/#buttons
this color is changeable by your CSS theme

on/off button: this is the CSS class I mentioned earlier which points to a bitmap background for on and for off state, you can change this background in your CSS theme

Filtering per controller:  I can add that but I am trying to keep button down and the whole point of the "blending" user interface is to hide the multiple controller. instead you can simply filter based on rooms; each area may have their own room and you see the list of all. one point to note that is that if 2 controller have the same room name, I will filter based on the name so that you see devices from multiple controller , inside that same room name ( even if, internally, the room id are different )

point take on the room selection on the left, versus the one in the dropdown button, I will look into that. there is no ctrl click multiple selection.

Offline Aaron

« Reply #722 on: August 07, 2015, 07:16:14 pm »
Panel creation issues I'm seeing with latest version... Some buttons will not move to trash like they were before (multistate, action, scene etc) - while others like Gauge work fine. *Note tried in both Chrome & Firefox

Also, are you planning for a Custom Panel device so we add MultiSwitch device and it will automatically display like the Mswitch device in the normal menu? This would be really nice... it would simplify creating of panels for those who would like to use the MutlSwitch device as-is on the panel.

-

Offline xAPPO

« Reply #723 on: August 07, 2015, 07:56:22 pm »
pale blue.. ahh OK - I kinda assumed darkly would have themed that to something uhh... dark, but of course the sample page clearly shows it doesn't https://bootswatch.com/darkly/      ...  easy to sort.

I need to better understand CSS .. and also learn how to better use the Chrome tools to identify where the properties are originating.  Homework for me before I ask more newbie Q's.   I was on the right track with some Chrome element inspection.. but hadn't quite drawn the right conclusion.  I'll explore some CSS editors too, using NotePad++ currently as I use that for my coding. if anyone has a low cost recommendation for Windows then please do post.

The on/off button - yes I have the bitmapped  image substitution working fine - it's just not going to automagically  look nice that way through the various bootstrap CSS themes that a user might chose.  I was hoping to find a way to theme that resulted in an overall colour change pretty consistently across all the UI elements without having to also find and load your own colour matching bitmapped images... if you see what I mean..  Colours within these bitmapped images can't be themed - you have to replace the whole image.

OK on the controllers bit.  I had expected it might be of limited use to most users. It's because I have controllers serving 'houses' that each already use rooms.   In some other systems a device can be placed in multiple  'groups' which then does create the flexibility for such use.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 09:29:43 pm by XAPPO »
xAP, Fibaro HC2, Vera 3 Lite Edge Plus , SmartThings, HomeVision, Home Automation Hub, Hue, LIFX, C-Bus, Sonos, Barionet, Crestron, AMX, Loxone, Harmony, HouseBot, HomeSeer, Indigo, MQTT, IFTTT, IOLogix, 1-wire, IDRATek.

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #724 on: August 07, 2015, 09:48:55 pm »
Panel creation issues I'm seeing with latest version... Some buttons will not move to trash like they were before (multistate, action, scene etc) - while others like Gauge work fine. *Note tried in both Chrome & Firefox
damned !!!   indeed I can reproduce the issue, but funny enough not with the black theme. something strange
however, try v590 and let me know

Also, are you planning for a Custom Panel device so we add MultiSwitch device and it will automatically display like the Mswitch device in the normal menu? This would be really nice... it would simplify creating of panels for those who would like to use the MutlSwitch device as-is on the panel.
have to think about that.  I agree it is a pain to go through the 8 buttons,  but at the same time , it is the spirit of custom panel. it disagregate device functions from the device "unit" so you can build what you want, in any shape for form you want. it does take a bit of time to lay it down properly for sure ( esp with these recent bugs... )

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #725 on: August 08, 2015, 05:45:36 am »
as suggested by some of you the thread is now locked so we can start to divide and conquer !
thank you all for a great participation
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 06:01:19 am by amg0 »