We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Iphone dedicated app  (Read 11357 times)

Offline sten

Iphone dedicated app
« on: January 21, 2010, 02:03:54 am »
Sometimes ago there was rumors about a dedicated Iphone app :o? Anyone know the status of this?

Vera3 for Z-Wave Control and the followng Units:
Fibaro: 5 x 500W dimmers Duewi: 2xCircuitBreakers, 5xDimmers Cameras: 2xAxis 213 Alarm: PowerMaxPro with Vera Plugin, 6xPIR, 10xMagDoorSwitches, 2xWaterDetectors, 3xFireDet

Offline Maartenvt

Re: Iphone dedicated app
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 06:22:41 am »
http://www.squareconnect.com/

Maybe availible the end of this month :)
Vera Edge (Firmware rev. 1.7.2406), 1x Düwi INTERACT³ light switch, 1x  ZIR010 Motion Sensor.

Offline Roger.NET

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 09:43:07 am »
Any Update on this?

Offline shady

• This monkey knows his Window Coverings!
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 02:59:43 pm »
I'm currently Beta testing the SQ Remote for the iPhone and it is and has been working very well. 

SQ Connect is very much ready to release the app, I think any delays now are beyond their control (Apple, etc.).
Vera3 1.5.346, Schlage (3)DB (2)Lever, Kwikset (1)Lever, RCS TZ43 Thermo, (2) Vizia RZI06-1LX 600W Dimmers, (17) Monster (Leviton) Dimmers (6) Monster (Leviton) IWC Scene Controllers (1) Etherrain-8, (3) HSM 100's (1)GE 3-Way set

Offline Roger.NET

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 03:28:24 pm »
AH... thanks for the update!

Offline Jacobly

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 03:32:49 pm »
Actually, here is the latest from the SQ Remote App:

I am on the beta team right now. They are currently working on getting findvera.com (IE Vera Control / Viewing outside of the local network that Vera is located) to work, as well as other "Bells and Whistles." We are expected to get this new beta version in the next few days.

The latest I heard today was that they expect to submit it to the Apple for approval "very soon."

As far as joining the beta team, I believe enrollment is now closed. There are only a limited number of us due to the fact that Apple only allows 100 test devices (iPhones or iPod Touches), per developer, over the period of a year. They said that if anyone of us test users lost or broke our iPhone or iPod Touch, we would loose the ability to be a Beta tester for them. (In fact, I have a dust spec under the screen of my 3GS that I would love to get fixed, but I know if Apple just exchanges it as opposed to repairing it, I would loose my SQ Remote App!!!)

Hope this helps!
Z-Wave enthusiast

Offline markbawden

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 01:41:45 pm »
It looks like you can only use the SQ App with UI3? can anyone confirm this? if yes, count me out, I won't be buying.

Offline Roger.NET

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 01:54:59 pm »
Same here. I will not be buying it either.  I do not like flash and I refuse to use it.

Offline SquareConnectJohn

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 04:19:21 pm »
MiCasaVerda will be making a version of UI2 (the version before the flash version), and our Application will be compatible with that - so there will not be a need to update to the Latest flash version to use our application.

We are close to submission now... we have all the major features in place and are going through the final testing and defect fixing before submission. Expect to hear more soon. I expect that or beta users will have a lot to say once we submit...

John
SquareConnect
Square Connect Co-Founder

Offline Roger.NET

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 04:24:19 pm »
If you need another Beta tester, I beta test for Cooper Wiring and other manufactures like Microsoft.

I have an iPhone.

Offline markbawden

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 07:03:57 pm »
SquareConnectJohn, that's good to know. Looks like SQ are doing things right - Start with a solid concept, develop it, then release to small group of testers BEFORE launching it on to customers.

From what I've seen it looks like a solid, we thought out solution. I'm excited again!

Offline Maartenvt

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 03:24:32 pm »
We are literally on the last stretch... the beta testers have been doing a great job, and we are adding a few final touches based on some of their requests to make things work better for you guys... things like automated discovery and connectivity .. use of findvera to access your equipment with the iPhone on the move and a whole lot more. I don't want to give you a date and then disappoint, but I think there is still a couple of weeks left before we submit... but its that close. We are a small team, but we have put in a LOT of effort on this, and we want it to work really well for you, so please hang in there as we work out these final issues.

I received this email from SQ yesterday 17/02/2010.

Vera Edge (Firmware rev. 1.7.2406), 1x Düwi INTERACT³ light switch, 1x  ZIR010 Motion Sensor.

Offline TheGadgetGuy

• Technology Guru
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 05:05:12 pm »
I can say that the app is very useful, and I think that most Vera owners who have an iPhone are going to really love the Square Connect app. 

To be honest, I never even use Vera's interface to control the house anymore.  SQ Remote does everything I need it to.  The only need for Vera is in adding or changing devices.

The wait is almost over...

"Lots of Z wave switches by various companies", 8 Panasonic IP cameras, 4 Schlage locks, 2 Kwikset locks, 3 Z-wave thermometers, 2 5 button Cooper scene controllers, etc.

Offline Maartenvt

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2010, 12:25:16 pm »
I can say that the app is very useful, and I think that most Vera owners who have an iPhone are going to really love the Square Connect app. 

To be honest, I never even use Vera's interface to control the house anymore.  SQ Remote does everything I need it to.  The only need for Vera is in adding or changing devices.

The wait is almost over...

Can you tell us something about additional hardware for the SQ app (like IR)

Offline sten

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2010, 11:32:26 am »
Any news on "squareconnect" release date? Will my old 979 work with this app or do I need to update to 989?
Vera3 for Z-Wave Control and the followng Units:
Fibaro: 5 x 500W dimmers Duewi: 2xCircuitBreakers, 5xDimmers Cameras: 2xAxis 213 Alarm: PowerMaxPro with Vera Plugin, 6xPIR, 10xMagDoorSwitches, 2xWaterDetectors, 3xFireDet