We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Netatmo on UI7  (Read 33454 times)

Offline tdavis312

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Netatmo uI7
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2015, 11:33:48 pm »
Thank you ever so much. Getting inside the a Vera Edge with SSH is different than what all of the guides online suggest. I was able to noodle through it and am in now using the Terminal app on the MAC and the IP for the Edge and the pwd for the edge (the wifi pwd) No pwd on the bottom of the unit. From here I will resolve the problem from your advice. You are a keeper.

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2015, 07:29:54 am »
I have just received my VeraEdge and UI7 (firmware 1.7.906) (thanks MCV)

I am experiencing exactly the same situation as described - blank Advanced tab (and "Netatmo : Authorization failed", and "Netatmo Can't Detect Device"), so that's GOOD NEWS for you!

I don't think there's any point in trying to delete install files: it certainly looks, at the moment, like a .json file sensitivity that wasn't there before.

I'm working on it.

------

Edit:
  • there is no syntax error in the D_Netatmo.json file.  There may be semantic errors.  Or it may be something else.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 07:41:02 am by akbooer »
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2015, 08:21:50 am »
@akbooer,

I would start by taking the  D_Netatmo.json and eliminating everything but the tab for the Advanced tab and make sure that's working and you get the advanced tab to display properly.

I did notice that this JSON file has labels that are constructed as HTML hyperlinks.  If I had to guess, this may be what UI7 is perhaps complaining about?

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2015, 01:20:06 pm »
One step forwards...

There is, alas, an old error(*) which has crept into one of the install .xml files - one which doesn't affect UI5 but does affect UI7.  Shame on my version control.

So, loading the attached file and restarting SHOULD, at least, allow you to view the Advanced tab and enter your login and authorization credentials.

The bad news is that I still get an authentication error!  Nevertheless, I would be grateful if someone could try this out and report back.

Thanks.

----

(*) see http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,16276.msg203368/topicseen.html#msg203368, and thanks to @reneboer who also fixed the .json files for UI7 at that time.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 06:27:28 pm by akbooer »
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline antrock

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2015, 01:59:17 pm »
I've downloaded the .xml and uploaded to Vera. Can open Advanced tab now. Also see last update, memory used and links to reports now.

Icon for Netatmo parent device is gone tho, but I did change some paths when downloading Icon pack I found somewehere in this thread.

VeraLite 1.7.481

Offline tdavis312

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2015, 12:56:48 am »
I would love to participate but I am not quite up to dealing with these unix technical matters. I have downloaded the xml file but would not know how to "upload" it to the vera. I can establish an SSH session with the Vera Edge but am stopped there. I am 67 and have built and owned high tech companies but after I got them rolling the smart guys built product. I would be grateful to have a guide to uploading and installing the file. I am also happy to wait until you get things sorted out for dummies. I appreciate your work. Would love to have the wind gauge here in Boston tonight as my house on the Bay is shaking down to its foundation.

Offline korttoma

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2015, 01:34:26 am »
@tdavis312 I'm not sure how it can be done if your using UI7 but in UI5 there is a page under "Apps -> Develop apps -> Luup files" where you can upload files easily. Maybe a similar possibility is available in UI7, you just need to find it.
- Tomas

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2015, 08:02:54 am »
@tdavis312 I'm not sure how it can be done if your using UI7 but in UI5 there is a page under "Apps -> Develop apps -> Luup files" where you can upload files easily. Maybe a similar possibility is available in UI7, you just need to find it.

Yes, exactly the same in UI7...  Apps > Develop apps > Luup files, gets you to the list of installed files and the upload area (where you can now simply drag and drop.)

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2015, 11:27:57 am »
I've added a poll to this thread, and I'd be very very grateful if users could take a moment to register their findings...  [Edit: now removed since things have moved on - thanks to those who responded.]

I know that the dreaded "authorization error" is an issue for some - it is for me!  But I also know that this does work on at least some UI7 installations. I'm trying to ascertain if it is an Edge problem (or a later version of UI7).  This would give me some evidence to go to the Vera support folks.

At the same time I am trying to get better diagnostics for the point of failure.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 04:19:51 pm by akbooer »

Offline tdavis312

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2015, 10:11:00 pm »
I had the Netatmo plugin running on my Vera Edge without problem. I got my Edge very soon after it was released. The plugin worked exactly like the one I have in my other house which runs on a Vera 3. Then all of a sudden it did not work on the Edge and this problem of not being able to get to the ADVANCED setup page for the device started occurring overtime after I reinstalled the plugin app. I do not believe that I changed anything in the Edge setup. It was working then it was not.

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2015, 10:19:43 am »
Just reporting on progress...

The GOOD news: I've successfully accessed the Netatmo servers and obtained an access token from my Edge, so there's nothing fundamentally wrong with HTTPS procedure calls.  Good.

The BAD news: I have yet to discover just WHY the Netatmo app struggles to do this correctly.

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2015, 10:58:02 am »
A further update:

The GOOD news: the attached updated Lua file works for me... I am up and running on the Edge!! (actually, a rather appropriate name, when you think about it.  This really IS on the bleeding Edge!)

The BAD news: something, somewhere, was inserting invalid characters in the request string.  This is not anything to do with my code which runs perfectly OK on other platforms.  So, it's really rather worrying that a minor refactoring of the code (a one line change with equivalent semantics) makes this go away.  In the old days, I would have said it's a 'compiler error'.  I find it inconceivable that there's a fundamental problem in the Lua interpreter unless the Vera folk have changed anything.

HOWEVER, try this, and PLEASE let me know how/whether it works for you.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 10:59:36 am by akbooer »

Offline antrock

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2015, 11:10:14 am »
Uploaded the new file and I am glad to report 'Can't Detect Device' error is gone on my Vera Lite (1.7.481).

Offline tdavis312

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2015, 03:35:28 pm »
I uploaded the L_netatmo.lua file without issue to my Vera Edge. I had the reloaded LUUP after upload checked. Still cannot find device and authorization failed. I reloaded the engine. I logged in and out. Still no luck. I had great success with the previous upload that allowed me to access the advanced settings screen. I have verified my credentials and the client and secret. I see an L_netatmo2.lua and am assuming that this file is unrelated. Please advise what I should try. Thanks

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2015, 06:24:26 am »
I see an L_netatmo2.lua and am assuming that this file is unrelated. Please advise what I should try. Thanks

That file is required, but separate in function from the L_Netatmo.lua file I posted.

Further debugging would require recovering the data that the plugin writes to the log file (and I will enhance that specifically to look at this problem - it's how I solved it for myself, but it seems that the fix may not be universal?) Are you able to do that?