We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Getting Started: What components are involved?  (Read 25894 times)

Offline chris66

Re: Getting Started: What components are involved?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2015, 11:51:17 am »
Hi Gerry, thanks for your very useful steps. You said for the moment, skip the designer. I'm just trying to use it (Windows install), but unable to link it to my openHab running on Rasperry Pi, did you try it?
I put in location the IP of the RsbPi and in folder: /opt/openhab/configurations/openhab.cfg
Message from the designer: couldn't find the file...

A nice day,

chris

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2015, 06:15:50 pm »
Hi Chris, I put the OpenHAB directory in my home directory on my Pi.  I use Apple File Protocol, but you could also install Samba on the Pi so that you could attach the folder.  I think there are several discussions on how to do this.   

Offline silencery

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2015, 09:28:05 pm »
Hi Gerry, thanks for your very useful steps. You said for the moment, skip the designer. I'm just trying to use it (Windows install), but unable to link it to my openHab running on Rasperry Pi, did you try it?
I put in location the IP of the RsbPi and in folder: /opt/openhab/configurations/openhab.cfg
Message from the designer: couldn't find the file...

A nice day,

chris

Besides mounting the network share, for some really strange reason, you need to have the original openhab_default.cfg file in the folder in order for the designer to recognize your environment.