We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Looking For Combination IR Repeater/Network IR controller  (Read 938 times)

Offline copekyle

Looking For Combination IR Repeater/Network IR controller
« on: January 30, 2015, 04:31:05 pm »
So I did a search and couldn't find anything.  I'm about to move my entertainment center out into a cabinet and I was planning on getting the ITach IP2IR to control everything.  Well I just read that it does not do IR repeating and so I wouldn't be able to use my AV remotes with it.  So I went searching and couldn't find one product that does IR repeating (for normal remotes)and sends IR commands over network(for vera control).  Is every one using two separate devices for this or am I missing some key setup component? 

If you are using two devices, how are the emitters set up?  Since individual emitters are placed on the individual AV components, can the outputs of both IR devices be spliced into one AV component?  I think I'm missing some key set up information and I don't want to just go out and buy everything then find out it won't work.

Offline RexBeckett

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
Re: Looking For Combination IR Repeater/Network IR controller
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 05:40:43 pm »
Keene in the UK have several modules that can be used to repeat IR over IP. They can also be used singly to interface IR to Vera - via the KiraRx & KiraTx Plugins.

See Keene IR over IP for more details.

Offline copekyle

Re: Looking For Combination IR Repeater/Network IR controller
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 05:52:09 pm »
Keene in the UK have several modules that can be used to repeat IR over IP. They can also be used singly to interface IR to Vera - via the KiraRx & KiraTx Plugins.

See Keene IR over IP for more details.

Thanks for the reply.  From these modules, it appears that I would have to still have multiple units.  Each one has to be programmed to be a receiver, a target, or a standalone unit.  For IR repeating, I'd need two devices (one to be a receiver and one a target) and then I'd need another as a stand alone for vera.  I'm looking for a device that combines the features of these two:

Itach IP2IR    http://www.globalcache.com/products/itach/ip2irspecs/   
IR Repeater   http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=109&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011009&p_id=9895&seq=1&format=2