Author Topic: Wifi Bridge Issues  (Read 42952 times)

Offline markrosssmith

Re: Wifi Bridge Issues
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2013, 04:56:17 am »
Do you think it would be possible to grab the firmware off the wifi bridge V2 and upload to the v3?

You can access an extremely slim config panel on 10.10.100.254 but I'm sure you already knew this!

Let me know if you find out how to send STA configurations via UDP :)

Thnks,
Mark

Offline RexBeckett

• Master Member
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2013, 05:08:18 am »
Do you think it would be possible to grab the firmware off the wifi bridge V2 and upload to the v3?
Even if you could it wouldn't help you. The two Wifi modules are totally different.

Let me know if you find out how to send STA configurations via UDP :)
I shall investigate this further but I haven't figured-out how to Wireshark a Wifi link. Meanwhile, why not borrow an Android device and use the app to get it connected to your network?

Offline markrosssmith

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2013, 05:15:01 am »
Borrowing an Android device is definitely the way to go!

Offline xAPPO

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2013, 06:57:27 am »
I have a strange issue with the RGBW plugin (both versions) although it could be something else entirely.  After about 2 minutes of no activity with the RGBW lamp being left on at 100% white it turns itself off.  The UI as expected still shows ON 100%... and clicking ON turns the bulb on again.  Happens fairly consistently and it's definitely originating from the the WiFi gateway as removing power to that enables the bulb to stay on.

Anyone else seen this ?   Maybe it's some residual interaction from another /  previous version of the plugin I need to remove.

K
xAP, Fibaro HC2, Vera 3 Lite Edge Plus , SmartThings, HomeVision, Home Automation Hub, Hue, LIFX, C-Bus, Sonos, Barionet, Crestron, AMX, Loxone, Harmony, HouseBot, HomeSeer, Indigo, MQTT, IFTTT, IOLogix, 1-wire, IDRATek.

Offline RexBeckett

• Master Member
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2013, 09:28:12 am »
I have been seeing this happen. I'm trying to track down whether its the bridge or my code that's causing it. I'll let you know what I find.

Edit: I don't think it is the plugin. It still happens even with the plugin's IP address set elsewhere. I've disconnected possible sources of interference and even put my Nexus 7 into Airplane mode. It wasn't happening yesterday...

I suspect the bridge. I think there is some problem with its roaming control feature. Now we just have to figure out how to turn it off without access to the configuration page.

Edit: It seems to have stopped happening. I left the bridge unplugged for about an hour and the lamp stayed on. Now the bridge is back on and the lamp is still on. I've reconnected everything and re-enabled the plugin and the lamp is still on...

If it happens again, I plan to firewall the bridge so it can't get any internet access to see if that fixes it.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 10:58:10 am by RexBeckett »

Offline xAPPO

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2013, 07:43:53 pm »
If it happens again, I plan to firewall the bridge so it can't get any internet access to see if that fixes it.

My lamp was consistently turning itself off so I switched it back on and then removed the wired LAN connection to the access point that the V3 bridge was connecting to and the lamp then stayed lit .  So I reconnected the LAN to the access point.. and it still stayed lit... strange.

Next time it happens I'm going to disconnect the wired LAN connections on the Vera just to eliminate that entirely... 
xAP, Fibaro HC2, Vera 3 Lite Edge Plus , SmartThings, HomeVision, Home Automation Hub, Hue, LIFX, C-Bus, Sonos, Barionet, Crestron, AMX, Loxone, Harmony, HouseBot, HomeSeer, Indigo, MQTT, IFTTT, IOLogix, 1-wire, IDRATek.

Offline rickysuper

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2013, 12:55:43 pm »
for V3 web login is different from V2:

milight IP/home.html

PS: since the device will use DHCP to get the IP, you have to look for the device IP named "Link_Wi-Fi" from your DHCP table of your router.

After login, you can then change the mode settings, IP and port settings... etc.

I decided to use back the "wifi controller" to remote control the device because the app "Milight" always not work when out of home.

Offline RexBeckett

• Master Member
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2013, 03:28:03 pm »

My lamp was consistently turning itself off so I switched it back on and then removed the wired LAN connection to the access point that the V3 bridge was connecting to and the lamp then stayed lit .  So I reconnected the LAN to the access point.. and it still stayed lit... strange.

Next time it happens I'm going to disconnect the wired LAN connections on the Vera just to eliminate that entirely...
Mine started turning off again this evening. I have now set my router to block the V3 bridge from internet access and the lamp is staying on.

I really don't like the idea that the bridge is accessing something I don't know without my permission so I plan to leave the firewall block in place.

Hamish, what's going on here? Is there some website that is trying to control my lamps? Do I have any control over whatever rules it is using?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 05:14:50 pm by RexBeckett »

Offline RexBeckett

• Master Member
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2013, 06:11:41 am »
I suppose @LimitlessLED has more interest in the Granny-with-an-iPhone market than the Hacker-with-a-Vera one.  I wonder how Granny is getting on with lamps that turn themselves off when it gets dark.  ::)

I've pinged my local supplier (easybulb) to see if they have any suggestions about disabling the phantom energy-saving feature.

Offline RexBeckett

• Master Member
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2013, 07:22:00 pm »
Nobody from LimitlessLED or easybulb has proffered any solutions to the phantom lights-off gremlin. Thanks to @rickysuper, though, I can now configure the V3 bridge properly by connecting to <ip address>/Home.html where <ip address> is that granted by the router's DHCP server.

On the STA Interface Setting tab, I set WAN Connection Type to Static, set IP Address and Subnet Mask to my preferred values and set Default Gateway to an unused IP address. After clicking Apply and restarting the bridge by power-cycling, it comes back up on the network at the desired address.

As it is now trying to connect to the internet through a non-existent gateway, I have removed the firewall block and my lamp is staying on.  8)

Offline nullx8

• Trouble !
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2013, 07:26:49 pm »
... configure the V3 bridge properly by connecting to <ip address>/Home.html where <ip address> is that granted by the router's DHCP server.

i figured this out a few days ago .. BUT there is no restart/save button on the Device page all settings i do are not saved
is this Browser related (maybe) ?
1 VeraLite, 2 RaspberryPI, Harmony Remote, openLuup, 85 Devices, 34Nodes, 63 Triggers, 49 Scenes

Offline nullx8

• Trouble !
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2013, 08:04:15 pm »
never mind .. was a entirely different problem.
the mac address was wrong .. works fine now.
1 VeraLite, 2 RaspberryPI, Harmony Remote, openLuup, 85 Devices, 34Nodes, 63 Triggers, 49 Scenes

Offline rickysuper

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2013, 05:48:20 am »
Nobody from LimitlessLED or easybulb has proffered any solutions to the phantom lights-off gremlin. Thanks to @rickysuper, though, I can now configure the V3 bridge properly by connecting to <ip address>/Home.html where <ip address> is that granted by the router's DHCP server.

On the STA Interface Setting tab, I set WAN Connection Type to Static, set IP Address and Subnet Mask to my preferred values and set Default Gateway to an unused IP address. After clicking Apply and restarting the bridge by power-cycling, it comes back up on the network at the desired address.

As it is now trying to connect to the internet through a non-existent gateway, I have removed the firewall block and my lamp is staying on.  8)

FYI: Default Gateway should enter your router's LAN ip address.

Offline rickysuper

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2013, 05:56:53 am »
... configure the V3 bridge properly by connecting to <ip address>/Home.html where <ip address> is that granted by the router's DHCP server.

i figured this out a few days ago .. BUT there is no restart/save button on the Device page all settings i do are not saved
is this Browser related (maybe) ?

Switch off and on the bridge will save the settings.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2013, 08:55:59 am »
FYI: Default Gateway should enter your router's LAN ip address.

The problem is that the Light would go off by it self if the bridge connects to the internet ... That's why he specifically change the default gateway to a non existent IP address. Previously he setup his router to block the bridge from accessing the internet ... so this bridge is trying to phone home ... and some how turning itself off based on some remote activity or inactivity.

That in itself scares me!