Author Topic: LED Strips  (Read 15608 times)

Offline ChronosHD

Re: LED Strips
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2015, 02:17:01 pm »
Wondering if I could extract the firmware from the controller I just ordered. Any ideas on that?

Offline John75

« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2015, 03:43:23 pm »
Not sure. Can anyone report that they have bulbs and strips in sync? May not be a reason to do it unless.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2015, 04:46:23 pm »
Not sure. Can anyone report that they have bulbs and strips in sync? May not be a reason to do it unless.

I agree, sounds like if changing controllers doesn't fix it then changing only the controller firmware is also of no use.

Offline vas5150

« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2015, 05:28:49 am »
Hey Everyone,

I purchased a Mi light led strip with wifi, I have set it up and can connect to it (the wifi hub) in the IOS app, before I can use in Vera i need to Link the remote.

I have tried powering and pressing the link button before 3 seconds ( that what the manual says) I cant get it to work through app. Works fine through remote that came with it.

Any help would be appreciated

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2015, 08:24:33 pm »
Hey Everyone,

I purchased a Mi light led strip with wifi, I have set it up and can connect to it (the wifi hub) in the IOS app, before I can use in Vera i need to Link the remote.

I have tried powering and pressing the link button before 3 seconds ( that what the manual says) I cant get it to work through app. Works fine through remote that came with it.

Any help would be appreciated

I don't think you can link it to more then one device. For example I don't think you can have the remote and the wifi setup. The wireless strip connects to one hub at a time if I remember right.

Offline vas5150

« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2015, 11:16:05 pm »
Thanks for the reply

so I am in australia and got it from a seller in China from ebay. They sent me an rgbw controller that is not a mi light controller and a rgb controller that IS a mi light controller. I hooked the rgbw strip to the rgb controller and i can control it, Just dont get the right colours. Have ordered another controller from another ebay seller!!

cheers

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2015, 12:18:59 pm »
Thanks for the reply

so I am in australia and got it from a seller in China from ebay. They sent me an rgbw controller that is not a mi light controller and a rgb controller that IS a mi light controller. I hooked the rgbw strip to the rgb controller and i can control it, Just dont get the right colours. Have ordered another controller from another ebay seller!!

cheers

Test out one color at a time to find out what you need to swap. I have found that the LED strips are not labeled right.

Offline vas5150

« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2015, 06:07:02 am »
I have ordered the correct RGBW controller but for now I have set a scene for the colours I want, each scene is set to HUE.... I went through and changed the hue number till i got the colours i needed, Also set a scene for disco mode.

actually does all i need for now.