We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: AVR plugin beta  (Read 8151 times)

Offline asggold

Re: AVR plugin beta
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2015, 01:22:03 pm »
@zoot1612

So, I decided to try and delete all of it and start over again to make sure it was not something I did wrong in the install.  I think that ended up fixing most of it.  Now (as you can see from the attachment below) all I am missing are the icons.  I tried to add those files again just to make sure but that didn't make any difference.  I also tried in a different browser, just to make sure, but they were both the same.  Also tried a reboot, but that did not seem to make a difference either.  Just seems like it is not finding the icons.

Just to make sure I did this right, I downloaded the files but removed the UI7 part of the file name (figuring they were just to label) before uploading to the Vera.

EDIT:  One other thing I noticed later today...Although this plug-in seems to work after install, it actually stops working after certain periods of inactivity.  Once you turn the Denon back on again using anything but this plugin it starts working again.  I am not sure what the inactivity cutoff time is but I know it is not instant.  Once I turned on with the remote I am able to turn off/on, adjust volume, etc... with the plugin again.  I can tell when the inactivity time has occurred by noticing the blue bar at the top of the Vera UI7 page trying to run the Lua code over and over and over...  When you go into the Device itself and try and click on anything it gives you the "Error - Device is not ready" pop-up.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 03:48:20 pm by asggold »

Offline zoot1612

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2015, 06:38:03 pm »
@asggold
@icons need to be uploaded to /www/cmh/skins/default/img/devices/device_states/

using command line in linux or winscp for windows.

example using linux: -

Code: [Select]
scp <PATH/TO/ICON/> root@<VERAIPAddress>:/www/cmh/skins/default/img/devices/device_states/
Only default icon is supported currently.

EDIT:  One other thing I noticed later today...Although this plug-in seems to work after install, it actually stops working after certain periods of inactivity.  Once you turn the Denon back on again using anything but this plugin it starts working again.  I am not sure what the inactivity cutoff time is but I know it is not instant.  Once I turned on with the remote I am able to turn off/on, adjust volume, etc... with the plugin again.  I can tell when the inactivity time has occurred by noticing the blue bar at the top of the Vera UI7 page trying to run the Lua code over and over and over...  When you go into the Device itself and try and click on anything it gives you the "Error - Device is not ready" pop-up.

Please provide log files.

Offline asggold

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2015, 08:09:18 pm »
@zoot1612

I am on a Mac.  Any chance you know how to do on a Mac?

EDIT:  Figured out how to upload the icons as you mentioned on a Mac using Terminal SSH.  After rebooting the device it is now showing the grey default icon as you mentioned.  Thanks!  ;D

Also, I am not sure which logs you are looking for.  I see a "Logs" section under the Denon Main Device but the only thing listed under there is a single alert which just says the time and date of the last time the device was offline.  I assume you are looking for another log somewhere else.

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 09:49:46 pm by asggold »

Offline zoot1612

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2015, 11:23:52 pm »
I am on a Mac.  Any chance you know how to do on a Mac?

What's a Mac?  :)

Also, I am not sure which logs you are looking for.
Wiki http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/View_Logfiles

For the Denon plugin you need to go to the advanced tab and change "Setup" to "0" (so that the plugin does a complete rebuild) than restart luup engine. This way I can see when it fails if it is creating or editing a static json or xml files.

By the way I think ssh is available on the command line for the Mac.

Cheers

Offline asggold

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2015, 09:51:36 pm »
@zoot1612

Well, I have not seen the A/V plugin lose connection and reconnect in a while.  So, hopefully something has settled down and it is working consistently.

The other question I had now is around the iOS Vera app:
The Vera app shows the AV Main and Zone 2 devices.  However, all it has is an on/off switch.  Even if you go into the device itself there are no more options.  Where are all the other buttons?  Why do the buttons show on the computer but not on the iOS app.  They are both logging into the same system.

Thanks!

Offline asggold

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2015, 09:37:45 am »
@zoot1612

Well, seems as if the connection issues are back...well sort of.  The actual connection does not seem to be lost (when testing) but the UI7 GUI on the computer and iOS are showing the device is disconnected.   ???  I know it is working because I can use the on/off switch on the iOS app and tested the Mute buttons on the computer.  I attached 3 screenshots below from my computer dashboard showing what the A/V Device and Dashboard show but the on/off, volume, mute, etc... buttons all still work.

Any ideas?

Offline zoot1612

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2015, 11:56:17 pm »
@asggold
Got any log data leading up to this? It may be the re-connect code but need logs to make sure.

Offline asggold

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2015, 08:37:22 am »
@zoot1612

I should have the log data since I set the one advanced setting back to 0 as you mentioned in a previous post.  If you can tell me where to copy/paste the logs from I can attach to a post here.  Just not sure where I am puling from.  I looked in the "Logs" section of the device itself but there was nothing there.

Thanks!

Offline zoot1612

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2015, 08:19:24 pm »
@asggold
Can you try the attached file for a few days and see how it goes.

Thanks

Offline asggold

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2015, 10:37:05 am »
@zoot1612

Thanks.  Loaded the files this morning.  Will let you know how it goes.

Again, appreciate the help.

Offline ctguess

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2015, 11:17:31 pm »
@zoot1612

Thanks for this great plugin.  Used it with UI5 and very happy to see it updated for UI7!  If I want to change the text of the buttons for the inputs, do I edit the D_DenonReceiver1_UI7.json and change, for example (below) PLEX to XBMC?

Code: [Select]
{
"ControlType": "button",
"Label": {
"lang_tag": "Input3",
"text": "PLEX"
},
"Display": {
"Service": "urn:denon-com:serviceId:Receiver1",
"Variable": "Input",
"Value": "HDP",
"Top": 0,
"Left": 460,
"Width": "70",
"Height": "25"
}, "Command": {
"Service": "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:InputSelection1",
"Action": "Input3"
}

I'm thinking I'll just change the input on the receiver directly, go to the device details, see what it says I'm on then change that corresponding input text in the json file to match what my system/setup names are.  Is that the correct approach?

Thanks

Offline zoot1612

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2015, 01:14:34 am »
@ctguess
If you have a compatible AVR than naming should be automatic. First question is what type of AVR do you have?

Note: If you have a compatible AVR to make the automatic naming happen you need to go to the Devices and on the main device select settings -> Advanced -> variables and change "setup" to 0  and restart.

Offline ctguess

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2015, 01:49:49 pm »
I have the Denon 4520.

I should be more clear.  I've not taken the time to go into the Denon setup menu and change the CBL/SAT input to 'Directv' or the 'Blu-Ray' input to be 'XBMC'.   In my AV Control setup (which is Roomie Remote on an iPad mini) I have activities such as Watch TV, Watch Movie, etc. that, for the most part, use the logical input you would think they should.  But, AUX1, for example, is an Apple TV and the Game input is an actual blu-ray player for the very few times I rent a disc.  I was thinking it would just make my life easier for any future Vera integration if I named the inputs on the device to be, for example ATV instead of AUX1.

If you suggest, for simplicity, that I rename the inputs on the actual receiver and let the plugin read them from there, I can do that too. 

Offline PabloNZ

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2016, 11:17:51 pm »
How is this progressing? Is there a current version available for download?

Offline zoot1612

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2016, 01:28:55 am »
@PabloNZ
I haven't dropped support all together but finding it hard to fit it in anywhere with family commitments.