We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Contributing to Squeezebox  (Read 1687 times)

Offline JoeyD

Contributing to Squeezebox
« on: February 02, 2015, 04:25:39 pm »
I've had a request for my SayTheWeather plug-in to support squeezebox.  I see here that the stewardship of the plug-in seems to be up in the air.  I am considering becoming an official "contributor" to the plug in.  I'm not even sure who at the moment is the official steward...radarengineer?

What I would like to try and do is formally add a Text To Speech action to the plug-in and also make sure it plays nice with UI7.  This way I can feel better about getting SayTheWeather to interface with it.  That is really the extent that I would like to have the plug-in updated.

I don't own any squeezebox devices, but I assume I can install the sequeezbox media server and a windows version of SqueezePlay...(on the same PC?)  and that's all I would really need for testing purposes.  Can someone verify that for me?

Finally, should I become a contributor I'd naturally need to know where the source files are. :)  I've seen several threads here that point to various "versions" of the plug in.  So my first question is naturally...what is the currently accepted "latest version" of the plug-in...assuming it is not the version that is posted to the app store.  (And if they are different, is there a reason that the latest version is not posted to the app store?)

Offline konradwalsh

Re: Contributing to Squeezebox
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 05:21:25 pm »

I don't own any squeezebox devices, but I assume I can install the sequeezbox media server and a windows version of SqueezePlay...(on the same PC?)  and that's all I would really need for testing purposes.  Can someone verify that for me?

Yes this will work

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 01:13:57 am »
I've had a request for my SayTheWeather plug-in to support squeezebox.  I see here that the stewardship of the plug-in seems to be up in the air.  I am considering becoming an official "contributor" to the plug in.  I'm not even sure who at the moment is the official steward...radarengineer?

What I would like to try and do is formally add a Text To Speech action to the plug-in and also make sure it plays nice with UI7.  This way I can feel better about getting SayTheWeather to interface with it.  That is really the extent that I would like to have the plug-in updated.

Finally, should I become a contributor I'd naturally need to know where the source files are. :)  I've seen several threads here that point to various "versions" of the plug in.  So my first question is naturally...what is the currently accepted "latest version" of the plug-in...assuming it is not the version that is posted to the app store.  (And if they are different, is there a reason that the latest version is not posted to the app store?)

You can find the current code here:

http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_squeezebox/browser

Check out via git:

http://code.mios.com/git/mios/squeezebox.git

You will need a code.mios.com account if you do not already have one. Let me know and I can add you to the list of contributors.

- Garrett

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 07:44:03 am »

You will need a code.mios.com account if you do not already have one. Let me know and I can add you to the list of contributors.

Thanks, Garrett!  The next obvious question: how does one acquire a code.mios.com account?  (Not apparently the same as an apps.mios.com account.)  There is no link to sign-up.  I managed to find my way to RepositoryHosting.com, but that looks more like for creating a whole new subdomain...not just for adding new users.

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 08:24:54 am »
Andrei has me set-up on code.mios.com and with access to the plug-in.  Now I just have to figure out how to use it....