Author Topic: After Upgrade Can't Access Through Remote Site  (Read 839 times)

Offline fdanna

After Upgrade Can't Access Through Remote Site
« on: February 03, 2015, 07:07:45 pm »
After updating veralite to a UI7, I lost contact with the unit. I did a hard reset by holding the button down for 10 seconds. When I attempted remote control I kept getting an error that the device was not accessible. I figured out that the remote site was trying to hit the OLD IP address of the unit so I was able to get into the unit directly and change the IP address to be the same as what it was for UI5.

Now, whenever I try an action that requires a site login, it just bounces me back to the local IP of the unit and the change is not saved (adding user notifications for example). It seems like the remote site is still looking for the previous config which does't exist.

I tried to register as a new device, but same loop. I get bounced back to the local address and no changes are made.

Offline garrettwp

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: After Upgrade Can't Access Through Remote Site
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 02:10:08 am »
Did you create a new account at home.getvera.com? UI7 uses different remote servers than UI5 (cp.mios.com).

- Garrett

Offline fdanna

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 11:01:37 am »
Oh, I was making the mistake of adding a device to my existing account. Looks like when I said new device AND new account it worked. How silly!

Offline krmccreight

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 11:54:19 am »
I know this is an old thread. I am having this issue as well however I have an existing account with getvera and when I add the device to the new website it loads the device but won't connect. I can log in direct and from. The mood site but have no admin capabilities. Is there a way to exclude the device from the mood account?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk