Author Topic: UI7 - Issue when adding Motion Sensor (field value false)  (Read 3615 times)

Offline BOFH

• Sr. Hero Member
UI7 - Issue when adding Motion Sensor (field value false)
« on: February 06, 2015, 07:27:32 pm »
UI7 v7.04 on Vera 3

Adding Motion Sensor (Monoprice version of the Vision unit)

The install does not complete successfully as a field that supposed to be numeric or blank default to 'false'. It would be good to change this to the default value of blank instead

SETTINGS
Poll this node at most once every seconds (0=never poll, blank=default) defaults to false

After changing the value for Poll from false to blank, the device configured successfully. This issue affected all 3 sensors I included.

I noticed a 'false' value on below page as well but was not sure of the validity and did not change it.

DEVICE OPTIONS
Manual Z-Wave route (advanced) defaults to false
Vera3 UI5 UI7 Edge Plus
Trane TZEMT400AB32 | Schlage BE369 FE599 | GE 45601 45602 45603 45604 45606 45609 45631 | Intermatic HA01C HA03C HA05C HA07C CA600 CA3000 | Aeon DSC06106 | Telguard GDC1 | Foscam FI8910W FI8905W FI9821W | D-Link 930L | Wanscam JW0011 | ZModo ZPIBH13W

Offline wezley69

Re: UI7 - Issue when adding Motion Sensor (field value false)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 07:44:18 pm »
I ran in to the same thing with my first 3 motion sensors this week.

Offline BOFH

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 07:54:24 pm »
Were you able to get the temperature sensors in these to work under Ui7? If so, can you elaborate? I used below Ui5 write up I found in teh forums but no luck so far under UI7. Even after changing the URN to match the one Ui7 used when it created the virtual device.

1. How I added the sensor to my Vera :
Concerning the inclusion, I started with excluding it... then include by starting inclusion mode on vera and pressing the small switch behind the device with a micro screwdriver. This should be easy.
You should get a new device in your vera interface.
Then, you need to have vera configuring the device => open the front cover, click on 'Configure node right now' on the vera device, and press the small 'anti tampering' switch just by the PIR sensor to make the ZP3102 think the cover has been closed. You should see on your Vera device a message saying it is talking to the ZP3102.
If not, try again to click 'configure node...' and simulate cover opening / closing with the switch.

BEWARE if you want to use a screw to put the ZP3102 on a wall : there is a welding on the printed circuit that can be "short-circuited" by the screw head. Just put a tape on the printed circuit...

2. Now, to send the temperature in a virtual device :
Procedure :
o App/Develop App/Create device
o Enter "D_TemperatureSensor1.xml" in the field "Upnp device filename"
o Enter whatever you want in the field "Description" -> it will be the virtual sensor name...
o Choose a room if applicable
o Click 'Create Device'
o Reload luup
o Open the newly created device, go to 'advanced' tab.
o Enter "urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1" in the field 'New service'
o Enter "CurrentTemperature" in the field 'New Variable'
o Enter "0" in the field 'new value', click 'Add'
o Reload luup
===> the new variable 'CurrentTemperature' will not appear until set to a value...

=> Then you must create a scene that runs every x minutes (like 5 minutes).
o In the scene luup code, enter :

local my_temp1 = luup.variable_get("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1","CurrentTemperature",device ID)
 luup.variable_set("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1", "CurrentTemperature", my_temp1,virtual sensor device ID)

local my_temp2 = luup.variable_get("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1","CurrentTemperature",device ID)
 luup.variable_set("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1", "CurrentTemperature", my_temp2,virtual sensor device ID)

return true

---------------
 You can only set the motion sensor timeout : Parameter 1; 1byte Hex; value in minutes.

Open the motion sensor device on your vera interface.
Click on the 'Device options' tab
Click on 'Add configuration setting'
You get the form to add a new setting...

When you have finished, you must restart the luup (Save or Reload top right of the vera interface).

Vera3 UI5 UI7 Edge Plus
Trane TZEMT400AB32 | Schlage BE369 FE599 | GE 45601 45602 45603 45604 45606 45609 45631 | Intermatic HA01C HA03C HA05C HA07C CA600 CA3000 | Aeon DSC06106 | Telguard GDC1 | Foscam FI8910W FI8905W FI9821W | D-Link 930L | Wanscam JW0011 | ZModo ZPIBH13W

Offline dblackmore

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 12:37:19 am »
Were you able to get the temperature sensors in these to work under Ui7? If so, can you elaborate? I used below Ui5 write up I found in teh forums but no luck so far under UI7. Even after changing the URN to match the one Ui7 used when it created the virtual device.

1. How I added the sensor to my Vera :
Concerning the inclusion, I started with excluding it... then include by starting inclusion mode on vera and pressing the small switch behind the device with a micro screwdriver. This should be easy.
You should get a new device in your vera interface.
Then, you need to have vera configuring the device => open the front cover, click on 'Configure node right now' on the vera device, and press the small 'anti tampering' switch just by the PIR sensor to make the ZP3102 think the cover has been closed. You should see on your Vera device a message saying it is talking to the ZP3102.
If not, try again to click 'configure node...' and simulate cover opening / closing with the switch.

BEWARE if you want to use a screw to put the ZP3102 on a wall : there is a welding on the printed circuit that can be "short-circuited" by the screw head. Just put a tape on the printed circuit...

2. Now, to send the temperature in a virtual device :
Procedure :
o App/Develop App/Create device
o Enter "D_TemperatureSensor1.xml" in the field "Upnp device filename"
o Enter whatever you want in the field "Description" -> it will be the virtual sensor name...
o Choose a room if applicable
o Click 'Create Device'
o Reload luup
o Open the newly created device, go to 'advanced' tab.
o Enter "urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1" in the field 'New service'
o Enter "CurrentTemperature" in the field 'New Variable'
o Enter "0" in the field 'new value', click 'Add'
o Reload luup
===> the new variable 'CurrentTemperature' will not appear until set to a value...

=> Then you must create a scene that runs every x minutes (like 5 minutes).
o In the scene luup code, enter :

local my_temp1 = luup.variable_get("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1","CurrentTemperature",device ID)
 luup.variable_set("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1", "CurrentTemperature", my_temp1,virtual sensor device ID)

local my_temp2 = luup.variable_get("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1","CurrentTemperature",device ID)
 luup.variable_set("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1", "CurrentTemperature", my_temp2,virtual sensor device ID)

return true

---------------
 You can only set the motion sensor timeout : Parameter 1; 1byte Hex; value in minutes.

Open the motion sensor device on your vera interface.
Click on the 'Device options' tab
Click on 'Add configuration setting'
You get the form to add a new setting...

When you have finished, you must restart the luup (Save or Reload top right of the vera interface).

**CAUTION***  Not sure what has changed in UI7 (1.7.1754) but I bought a ZP3102 motion/temp sensors and used this post to get the temp sensor to work only to have the temp download scene kill my veraplus.  I was no longer able to get the dashboard to load and the zwave, zigbee and bluetooth LEDS were off (not lite up green).  Luckily tech support was able to reload a older backup prior to me pairing the motion/temp sensor.

After talking to tech support here's what they told me:  I would like to let you know that I?ve managed to reach on the unit and from what I can see the unit stopped works because of the scene ?Download Garage Temp Sensor? , there was a Lua code that put the Vera unit into the error: ?Luup engine is taking longer to reload? .

"lua" : "local my_temp = luup.variable_get(\"urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1\",\"CurrentTemperature\", 243)\nluup.variable_set(\"urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1\", \"CurrentTemperature\", my_temp, 244)\nreturn true",

Offline BOFH

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 12:27:15 pm »
A better solution is to download the 'additional temperature device' to get the temp sensors working.
Vera3 UI5 UI7 Edge Plus

Offline dblackmore

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 12:35:12 am »
A better solution is to download the 'additional temperature device' to get the temp sensors working.

Can you explain where to download the "additional temperature sensor device"?  I would love to have this temp sensor working correctly.

Offline BOFH

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2016, 11:50:08 am »
It is available in the Vera App store for download. Under Ui5 it maybe called iDoorContact instead.
Vera3 UI5 UI7 Edge Plus

Offline dblackmore

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2016, 12:21:05 am »
Excellent, thank you!