We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Foscam HD plugin  (Read 28242 times)

Marc Shenker

Re: Foscam HD plugin
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2015, 11:20:30 am »
Thanks for this plugin! I just wanted to point out that it also works on the Insteon 2864-232 camera as well. This camera doesn't have any zoom or tilt features, but the CGIProxy.fcgi url API is otherwise the same.

I don't know if the Foscam cameras support it, but the Insteon allows you to access the urls via HTTPS. It would be nice if the plugin would support secure requests instead of just http.

Thanks for the thank you and the feedback. I will pass your request on to the Development Team.

Offline kendad

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2015, 11:34:40 pm »
I believe all of the Foscam HD cameras support HTTPS.  I know the FI9821W-V2 does allow HTTPS communications. You can select the port via the Network Port settings.

Offline jster

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2015, 08:01:34 pm »
Every since I installed this plugin, my UI7 Vera3 locks up nightly. It may or may not be related,  but "FoscamHD : Starting up..." now seems to be permanently displayed at the top of the vera dashboard. Any tips on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks!

Offline kendad

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2015, 12:32:34 pm »
I noticed that it takes about 6 seconds to display the camera image when I go to the devices page now. I never took that long before upgrading to firmware 1.7.541. I know 6 seconds doesn't seem long but, it is a definite change since the latest firmware. Makes me wonder what else is delayed with the new firmware.

Offline Armedmetallica

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2015, 06:17:44 pm »
urgh! I can't get it to work with my foscam. after repeated failed attempts, now I have devices that I can't even delete. Trying to remove via the trash can icon results in "Command failed: Invalid plugin"

Offline Armedmetallica

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2015, 06:25:40 pm »

Offline Don Diego

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2015, 06:02:56 am »
I'm also interested in how the Foscam Fi9826 will perform, I have one on my shopping list.

Hi --

As far as I am concerned the FI9826 is the most capable Foscam camera. The 3x zoom is very good, and the night LED work very well.   See:

http://www.foscam.com/prd_view.aspx?id=264

Don
Vera 3 (@1.5.622) (3); Vera Plus (2);
Trane/Schlage TStats (1); Schlage Deadbolt (2); Kwikset Lock (3);  GE 45602 Dimmer (14); GE 45603 Dimmer (17); HSM-100 (16); Everspring Siren (8), Everspring Temp/Humidity (4); HSM 200 (1)

Offline geod

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2015, 04:25:53 am »
I just loaded a new Foscam FI9821 W V2.1, as a plain IP camera, which worked fine, and after that went though adding the HD Plugin, using the posted instructions.
Although the Camera display still shows video, up on top of the page there is a blue banner displaying 'Foscam HD:starting up' - that never goes away...
I see no pan/tilt controls, or any new changes to the camera icon to indicate the plugin has taken effect.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

Marc Shenker

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2015, 09:48:03 am »
geod, something is not right. Either the plugin didn't install correctly or something is not configured properly.

I submitted a support ticket for you with Customer Care and they should be in touch shortly.

Offline geod

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2015, 11:04:50 pm »
Marc, thanks for your reply.

It works now, but not sure why.

Vera Edge self rebooted several times through the day, and on the last one it came back up without the camera.
I had a fresh backup ready, which I restored to end up with the same problem (Foscam HD startup, never completed).
So I deleted camera, and uninstalled the plugin, and installed again..., to the same problem.
I repeated the same again, except that I could not uninstall the plugin (?), but then..., when I loaded the camera once again, things were different.

Now the camera works fine, with pan/tilt, presets...

Bet you will probably hear about this issue from someone else...

Thanks!

Offline kendad

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2015, 09:42:56 pm »
Updated to MCV firmware 1.7.569 and noticed they added a "Set Preset" button on the Live image screen. Tried to use it to set a preset for # 4, 7 and 8 and get the following error message "Error sending command. Please try again". Was wondering if anyone else had tried this? I have a VeraLite with a Foscam FI9821W V2.

Offline dckc1

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2015, 12:21:46 am »
Does this work with UI5? I get "Installation Failed, reason: to install plugin"
All help is appreciated.

andreimios

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2015, 03:49:20 am »
Hi all,

Updated to MCV firmware 1.7.569 and noticed they added a "Set Preset" button on the Live image screen. Tried to use it to set a preset for # 4, 7 and 8 and get the following error message "Error sending command. Please try again". Was wondering if anyone else had tried this? I have a VeraLite with a Foscam FI9821W V2.

The support for setting the presets was not added into the plugin. I will do this soon and I will let you know here when this is implemented but like always I will need some help form you, I need a public camera so I can test the changes.

Does this work with UI5? I get "Installation Failed, reason: to install plugin"
All help is appreciated.

I will investigate this also and I will be back with an answer, but it's possible to take a while based on my workload at the office.

I will try to look over this issues as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

- Andrei -

Offline kendad

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2015, 11:11:57 pm »
The support for setting the presets was not added into the plugin. I will do this soon and I will let you know here when this is implemented but like always I will need some help form you, I need a public camera so I can test the changes.

Andrei, contact me when you are ready to work on the plugin. I will make one of my cameras available for your testing.

Offline xuniman

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2015, 07:40:46 pm »
I seem to be having problems similar to other users. I have the blue banner across the top of the page with "FoscamHD": Starting up..." and the video shows in the devices window but there are no pan/tilt or preset buttons. I am on the latest build of UI7. I would be happy to assist with any troubleshooting or testing.