Author Topic: Nest Plug-in failing today  (Read 1735 times)

Offline kandlg

Nest Plug-in failing today
« on: February 10, 2015, 01:51:00 pm »
I haven't made any changes to my vera in quite a while but the nest plug-in stopped working today.  It shows the temperatures from yesterday and isn't adjusting any of the setpoints or responding to lua calls.  I've made no changes to nest or sign-in details.  There's nothing unusual in the log, but luup is rebooting periodically (again not that unusual).  Anyone else having issues?

Offline RoChess

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Nest Plug-in failing today
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 01:57:18 pm »
Did you verify your nest credentials are still configured correct, and functional?

Offline kandlg

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 07:30:55 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion.  When I went in to check that I found that the access token value had been replaced with "/cmh-ludl/S_SwitchPower1.xml".  I restored back to the day before, restoring what I assume was the original value and it now works.  It's very strange since I have not changed the configuration in a week or so and regardless I have not touched that device at all.  How does that happen?

Offline RoChess

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 05:53:41 pm »
Gremlins!

Offline MLabuda

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 12:51:34 pm »
Hey guys,

Today I noticed that my Nest plugin is no longer updating its status or able to send any commands.  I'm on UI5 and running the latest version 1.8 and my token value seems to be fine.  I haven't made any changes to my system and I've verified the login credentials are correct.  My polling value is set to 120 (the default I think).  I only have one Nest Thermostat and no Protects.  Here's what I see in the log:

Code: [Select]
luup_log:3: Nest: error getting status from nest.com with HTTP code=timeout, status=nil
I also noticed I'm getting these errors but not sure if they're related:

Code: [Select]
JobHandler_LuaUPnP::GetPluginVersionOnline failed to convert 3116
FileUtils::ReadURL 28/resp:0 size 0 https://plugin1.mios.com/sync_plugins2.php?...
RAServerSync::SyncPlugins failed to sync https://plugin1.mios.com/sync_plugins2.php?...

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

Offline watou

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 01:44:02 pm »
The evidence suggests a connectivity issue, an inability to get to (at least) some servers on the Internet.  If so, the potential list of causes is infinite, from local LAN, to router, to ISP, to backbone problems, to far-end hosts.

Offline MLabuda

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 02:34:56 pm »
That's what I was afraid of.  All I know is that it was working yesterday and it seemed to stop working after the plugin was updated.  I'll keep digging and see if I find anything.  I am able to control my Nest from the internet or the same LAN as my Vera, though I realize it's all going thru the internet regardless.

Btw, thanks watou for all your support with this plugin.  For the last year or so I've had no problems and its been great.  It's only recently that this issue has come up.

UPDATE:  I rebooted my Nest, my Vera, and my router and now they all seem to be talking properly.  I probably should have tried that first but I've just never had to do that in the past.  I also removed a port forwarding rule in my router for the Nest, so maybe that was a factor too.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 02:36:28 pm by MLabuda »

Offline watou

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 04:38:58 pm »
Glad you got it working again!