Author Topic: RCS TZ-45R stat (please help me get out from this)  (Read 674 times)

Offline yak11211

RCS TZ-45R stat (please help me get out from this)
« on: February 12, 2015, 01:39:00 pm »
I got 12 of the RCS TZ-45R stat~i hope to get here some help :P

in I don't understand why when I need to set thermostat on auto. there is no way to set the tamp. the way that technical support helps you is by changing the stat to heat in set the heat pint then to cold in set cold then to switch it to auto. in it will be set. and i called the costumer support in i get nowhere i think that I should have at least the options that I got in the stat true VERA and not need to change the mode from the unit every time i want to set the tamp.,
And why every time i call costumer support i cant be helped ??????
and BTW i like to know how i can change a stat tamp. through a scene when in stay on auto. mode?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 01:41:13 pm by yak11211 »

Offline brwill

• Sr. Newbie
Re: RCS TZ-45R stat (please help me get out from this)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 10:57:21 am »
Is not AUTO a position to automatically change to HEAT or to COOL depending on conditions? HEAT has a set point that is different than the COOL set point, so it makes sense that to set the HEAT set point, the mode must be HEAT; and to set the COOL set point, the mode must be COOL. In AUTO, the thermostat wouldn't know what it is that you want to set.

I cannot imagine an environment where it would be useful to have an automatic changeover AND to want to have the ability to adjust the set point of whatever mode in which it happens to be. I understand the value of automatic changeover, but I see its usefulness in industrial settings where set points would likely be static (seasonally). I cannot see AUTO being useful in an inhabited residence.