We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Anyone get Insteon working on latest UI7 for edge  (Read 7427 times)

Offline Tank

Re: Anyone get Insteon working on latest UI7 for edge
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2015, 08:00:02 pm »
I'm going to give Altsteon on UI7 a shot today, I'll let you know how it goes.  I'm so used to upgrading/downgrading I have the whole thing down to about 10 minutes now  ::)

Well as a follow up to my earlier post, I did complete the upgrade to UI7 and Altsteon seemed to work with the latest firmware, but I was forced to downgrade anyway because the LUUP Engine kept reloading every few seconds.  I'm not sure if this was related to Altsteon or some other plugin.

Offline mpovolo

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2015, 10:59:31 pm »
What instead modem are you using.  When I install mine I keep getting the error on top of the web page saying no insteon.

I'm using a 2413u

Offline airedale

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2015, 09:27:54 pm »
joey - it didn't work - that was the same thing for me.

You should have tried removing altsteon to see if it became stable again...

Altsteon puts Vera into a constant reload of the engine on Vera Edge.

I'd also like to add that I have the same issue seeing Insteon: No Insteon

My port shows up as False and under the develop apps section I do not have any of the options from one of the previous screenshots.

Offline mpovolo

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2015, 10:55:26 pm »
Got it working.  Tech support called me, little did I realize there are two upgrades.  There is the SW, then there is also a hardware base firmware that you enter the download link in the second box WRT I think it was called.  Now it's working. 
This is the link I used, on UI7 Edge with Latest firmware upgrade.  Carefull, you might toast your unit.

http://download1204.mios.com/firmware/os_mt7620a/openwrt-ramips-mt7620a-na301-squashfs-sysupgrade-107.bin

Offline Tank

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2015, 03:15:24 pm »
joey - it didn't work - that was the same thing for me.

You should have tried removing altsteon to see if it became stable again...

Altsteon puts Vera into a constant reload of the engine on Vera Edge.

I'd also like to add that I have the same issue seeing Insteon: No Insteon

My port shows up as False and under the develop apps section I do not have any of the options from one of the previous screenshots.

When I say it worked, I mean that I was able to control my Insteon devices.  But the reloads made my Vera unusable.

Edit: To expand on this, almost all of my lighting devices are Insteon, so even if removing Altsteon had stabilized things I would've needed to revert to UI5 anyway.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 08:12:46 am by joey52685 »

Offline scyto

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2015, 09:10:55 pm »
Got it working.  Tech support called me, little did I realize there are two upgrades.  There is the SW, then there is also a hardware base firmware that you enter the download link in the second box WRT I think it was called.  Now it's working. 
This is the link I used, on UI7 Edge with Latest firmware upgrade.  Carefull, you might toast your unit.

http://download1204.mios.com/firmware/os_mt7620a/openwrt-ramips-mt7620a-na301-squashfs-sysupgrade-107.bin

how does one tell a)what versions one edge is and b) what is latest one should install?

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2015, 10:11:03 pm »

how does one tell a)what versions one edge is and b) what is latest one should install?

That was a patch put out shortly after the full upgrade. If you have this problem then install it. If you don't then wait for the next upgrade. If you try and fix problems you don't have.... You just might end up with a real problem. Don't do it just because.