We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Primary Vera - Secondary Harmony 890Pro - HowTo  (Read 56671 times)

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
Re: Primary Vera - Secondary Harmony 890Pro - HowTo
« Reply #120 on: January 17, 2014, 12:54:39 pm »
Had it working, up until the point where the hardware died. Have not replaced it.
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline wilme2

« Reply #121 on: January 28, 2014, 12:38:49 pm »
Can anyone confirm that the 890 Pro still works with the Vera? Thinking about picking up one of those off eBay or one of the Monster remotes. Also, does anyone know if I could by chance set the 890 to then control the volume on my Sonos via the Vera's Sonos Plugin?

A LOT of the 890 Pros on eBay will need to be repaired.  Generally the up volume and up channel buttons do not work, as their contacts wear out pretty easily.  I think I have purchased 3 on eBay over the past 4 years , and only one was fully functional.  Now there are apparently ways to repair those buttons, but I have not gotten them to work as of yet.  I haven't integrated VERA with my 890 Pros yet, but will be doing so soon...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 12:40:22 pm by wilme2 »
Long Live UI5!  (OK finally made the switch to UI7 in January 2018, and am pretty happy....)

Offline kkl

« Reply #122 on: March 17, 2014, 11:50:56 am »
I just ran across this info that might help someone who can't get the RF extender paired.  I haven't tried it myself.

Tutorial: Placing the Harmony RF Extender in Safe Mode

How can I put the RF Extender into Safe Mode if I encounter problems updating or upgrading the firmware on the remote?

This article applies to the following products:
Harmony 890
Harmony 895
Harmony 890 Pro
Harmony 1000

Cause
The configuration on the RF Extender is corrupted, thus you may encounter difficulties updating your remote or upgrading the firmware.

Solution 
In order to resolve the issue, you need to put the RF Extender into safe mode. Please follow these steps:

Press and hold the Connect button while the RF Extender is powered
    Continue to hold the Connect button until the RF light starts to blink, then release the connect button.

Try upgrading the firmware or updating the RF Extender again.

Also, Tutorial: Explaining lights on the RF Extender

Offline jimmyhtz

« Reply #123 on: May 28, 2014, 04:02:20 am »
Does anyone currently have the 890 Pros working with Vera with UI5?
if so, how do you get past the remote hanging up when you try to pair the lights (byremoving the battery?)
I am in the middle of updating 3 remotes and 3 extenders for the 20th time.
Now I can't get my extenders to pair with the remotes anymore.

Offline kkl

« Reply #124 on: March 02, 2015, 03:09:43 pm »
I bit the bullet and tried the hack upgrade to 3.20 again (http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,10547.0.html).  This time it worked!  My Vera and all AVL300's continue to be able to control all lights.  So, considering oTi@'s previously reported experience, it seems likely that 3.20 will work.

I changed/updated three switches yesterday.  Everything went without a hiccup.  I'm no longer afraid to update my AVL300 lighting setup.  It just takes the Logitech software forever since it insists on updating every device (For me: 2 Omnilinks, 3 AVL300's) every time there is a single change.

I recently replaced three defective switches and tried to add them to my AVL300 remotes using the previously described method.  I was on version 3.20.  Pairing would not work at all.  I only succeeded in knocking the devices off of the Z-wave network.  After multiple attempts, I finally reverted to 2.78 and then paired every device very easily.  So, it seems that pairing the AVL300 or 890 Pro to a 3.20 Vera might sometimes work, but 2.78 is much more likely to.

I am currently on a Vera3 after migrating the entire network from a Vera2 months ago.
Version   2.78 L:1
Locale   us
HouseID/Node   House: #### Node 1 Suc 1
Role   Suc SIS:YES PRI:YES
Last update   31-DEC-1969 17:00
Last Z-Wave network backup   N/A
Port   /dev/ttyS0

Offline YzRacer

« Reply #125 on: March 03, 2015, 05:31:52 pm »
I bit the bullet and tried the hack upgrade to 3.20 again (http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,10547.0.html).  This time it worked!  My Vera and all AVL300's continue to be able to control all lights.  So, considering oTi@'s previously reported experience, it seems likely that 3.20 will work.

I changed/updated three switches yesterday.  Everything went without a hiccup.  I'm no longer afraid to update my AVL300 lighting setup.  It just takes the Logitech software forever since it insists on updating every device (For me: 2 Omnilinks, 3 AVL300's) every time there is a single change.

I recently replaced three defective switches and tried to add them to my AVL300 remotes using the previously described method.  I was on version 3.20.  Pairing would not work at all.  I only succeeded in knocking the devices off of the Z-wave network.  After multiple attempts, I finally reverted to 2.78 and then paired every device very easily.  So, it seems that pairing the AVL300 or 890 Pro to a 3.20 Vera might sometimes work, but 2.78 is much more likely to.

I am currently on a Vera3 after migrating the entire network from a Vera2 months ago.
Version   2.78 L:1
Locale   us
HouseID/Node   House: #### Node 1 Suc 1
Role   Suc SIS:YES PRI:YES
Last update   31-DEC-1969 17:00
Last Z-Wave network backup   N/A
Port   /dev/ttyS0

Thanks for the update! I actually had mine working with a Nexia system using this method and when I moved on to Vera I could not repeat the success no matter how careful I was with the process. I will give it another shot when I am home next month because I love the remote and it worked well with my previous setup once the pairing was completed.

Offline Jeff D

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #126 on: July 10, 2015, 01:05:28 pm »

KKL when you changed/updated three switches... if you recall, how exactly did you do this? Did you first make changes with the MCV UI and then made similar changes in the AVL software? I think this makes sense, but this setup has proven to be quite picky for me. I have a few new switches, light modules and outdoor switches I need to add back into my network and don't want to accidently kill the current setup with 2 AVLs and Omnilinks. I really hate the monster update process.

Offline YzRacer

« Reply #127 on: July 12, 2015, 10:24:06 am »
I had success with the procedure from page 1 when my setup was actually working but that was when I was using the Schlage bridge. I have not had any success using a UI7 Vera and setting up this remote. The pain of updating 2 AVL and 2 Omnilink tears at my soul, so I am considering doing away with the Omnilinks and giving it another try. (My new home has an IR repeater built into the AV cabinet).

ADDING NEW NODES:
1. Add Nodes to Vera ? as you normally would.

2. Update H890P?s ? unplug dongle from Vera, put it into inclusion mode, and put each H890P into learn mode (update only one H890P at a time, obviously).  When finished, plug dongle back into Vera.

3. Repeat Steps 8-11 above

4. Repeat Steps 13-15 above