We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Primary Vera - Secondary Harmony 890Pro - HowTo  (Read 56635 times)

Offline pkitch

Re: Primary Vera - Secondary Harmony 890Pro - HowTo
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 11:45:14 pm »
Hi All,

Has anyone tried this with UI4? I have Monster AVL-300 and Vera1.

I cannot for the life of me get remote to show up in vera. Dongle confirms connect, plug it into Vera, and nothing....

I have reset the RF in the remote first, re-started Vera, repeat, repeat - nothing.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks.

Offline ASIHome

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2010, 07:35:52 am »
Not sure if there have been updates to the 890/890Pro but I know in the past, the Harmony implementation of Z-Wave did not like them to be made secondary controllers. I know with the 890 you could not make it a secondary and I remember seeing somewhere that the 890Pro could only be a secondary to another 890Pro. As I said, we have not carried Harmony for many years now so I don't know what has changed. Just wanted to get the info that I remembered out there.

Offline pkitch

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2010, 09:50:13 am »
Thanks, but it's the Monster AVL300 which is technically the same as the 890Pro, and others have managed it according to this thread, but the difference here is that I am using UI4, and am unable to join the remote as a secondary controller to the network, or at least Vera is not seeing it.

Frustrated...

Offline mbairhead

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2010, 09:06:44 pm »
Wow, same problem with my AVL. I can't even find the "H890P, select System Options > RF Network Tools" on the software for the remote. This is kind of a bummer, I hope someone (much smarter than me) figures this out.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 09:35:31 pm by mbairhead »

Offline woodsby

• Beta Testers
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2010, 05:04:26 am »
Again, I don't have the monster, but I have both my 890pros on my network. I am using a vera1, running ui4. I set up my network back on UI2 and upgraded to UI4 a while back and the remotes are still listed in Vera. I have received my V2, and plan on rebuilding my network from scratch on it. Of course, this will require a full weekend, so I don't know if I'll get to it this week. I'll post my results as soon as I do.
Just out of curiosity, are the folks who can't get this to work running a V1 or a V2?  I am more likely to believe that this would be a hardware problem, not a Ui problem. Especially, since you really don't need the UI to teach the zwave network to the remotes; you just need to include them, and the rest is handled on the remotes.
@mbairhead, the RF network tools screen is on the remote, not the software - don't know what the screen is called on the monster.
Vera1 (1.1142), Vera2 (1.1182), VRI06 (12), VRS15 (3), VRS05 (2), VRF01 (2), VRCS4 (2), ZRW113, ZRF113 (2), 45602, 45603, TZMT400 (2), FE599 (2), 99100, Thinkstick, Harmony 890Pro (2), Harmony RF Extender, Nevo S70, Nevo NC-50, Minimote, SQ Remote, SQ Blaster, EtherRain-8, Cliste ActiveRFID, TED5002

Offline pkitch

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2010, 10:01:47 pm »
Wow, same problem with my AVL. I can't even find the "H890P, select System Options > RF Network Tools" on the software for the remote. This is kind of a bummer, I hope someone (much smarter than me) figures this out.

Press the Home Page button, and you should see one of the soft 'key' options is 'Syst Optio' which is of course System Option.

The you'll see the option for 'RF Network Tools'.

I am able to put it in learn mode, add it via the dongle - remote confirms it is now 'primary controller'. Plug dongle back in, Vera updates and says 'server busy', but the remote does not appear as a device in Vera.

I am stuck at this point.

I am on V1 and UI4.

Offline pkitch

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2010, 10:04:28 pm »
Again, I don't have the monster, but I have both my 890pros on my network. I am using a vera1, running ui4. I set up my network back on UI2 and upgraded to UI4 a while back and the remotes are still listed in Vera. I have received my V2, and plan on rebuilding my network from scratch on it. Of course, this will require a full weekend, so I don't know if I'll get to it this week. I'll post my results as soon as I do.
Just out of curiosity, are the folks who can't get this to work running a V1 or a V2?  I am more likely to believe that this would be a hardware problem, not a Ui problem. Especially, since you really don't need the UI to teach the zwave network to the remotes; you just need to include them, and the rest is handled on the remotes.
@mbairhead, the RF network tools screen is on the remote, not the software - don't know what the screen is called on the monster.

V1 and UI4. Hope you have better results, and would be incredibly grateful if you would bear my challenge in mind when you re-build and advise on your results....

Thanks.

Offline michaelhinchey

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2010, 05:21:13 pm »
Just to let everyone know.  My headaches are all gone with my harmony remote.  I am able to use my vera and the harmony to to control all the lighting in my house.  Thank you so much to the original poster.  I followed everything to a tee and it worked flawlessly.  Also, I only deleted the zwave devices from my harmony remote.  I didnt have to delete my scenes which I created with harmony software.  However I had to build the scene again with which light to control.  Thx again!!  I am using vera 2 and ui4. 

Offline woodsby

• Beta Testers
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2010, 09:16:37 pm »
Yeah - I set up my vera 2 today, and followed my original directions.  It failed the first time, but I didn't follow to the tee.  I wnet through a second time and followed exactly (including when to plug and unplug the remote), and it worked.

Vera 2 running UI4, with 2 harmony 890 pros and a rf extender.
Vera1 (1.1142), Vera2 (1.1182), VRI06 (12), VRS15 (3), VRS05 (2), VRF01 (2), VRCS4 (2), ZRW113, ZRF113 (2), 45602, 45603, TZMT400 (2), FE599 (2), 99100, Thinkstick, Harmony 890Pro (2), Harmony RF Extender, Nevo S70, Nevo NC-50, Minimote, SQ Remote, SQ Blaster, EtherRain-8, Cliste ActiveRFID, TED5002

Offline mbairhead

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2010, 11:10:29 pm »
Ok, I'm confident the problem is me but here's where I'm getting now, maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I get Vera to see it, "Found new device 71, node 71". Then I go to the "Devices" in UI4, name it "Monster" and choose "Family Room", set Auto Configure to "No" and Poll to "0" and hit save. Then it disappears....just GONE. So I start over and it's exactly the same, device 71, node 71, as if I hadn't done it just a second ago.

Offline woodsby

• Beta Testers
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2010, 06:00:33 am »
But, the remote tells you it's now the primary controller?  If so, try to add one of your lights to it. I don't own a monster, but on the harmony, you can go into system options, rf network tools, new rf device and pick a device. Walk up to a light switch that's already been included on Vera and tap it. If it adds and you can control it, then you can be sure your remote is on your network. Whether the remote shows up on Vera isn't the important part, although it is very bizarre.
When it adds node 71, device 71 the second time, does it say found existing node?  Are you waiting for the server busy popup to disappear before naming and saving? Don't know if this makes a difference. Do you have any extra switches that haven't been added to Vera? Maybe you can add one more device (if you have a spare) and see if it adds as node 71 or 72.

Offline mbairhead

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2010, 07:04:57 am »
But, the remote tells you it's now the primary controller?  If so, try to add one of your lights to it. I don't own a monster, but on the harmony, you can go into system options, rf network tools, new rf device and pick a device. Walk up to a light switch that's already been included on Vera and tap it. If it adds and you can control it, then you can be sure your remote is on your network. Whether the remote shows up on Vera isn't the important part, although it is very bizarre.
When it adds node 71, device 71 the second time, does it say found existing node?  Are you waiting for the server busy popup to disappear before naming and saving? Don't know if this makes a difference. Do you have any extra switches that haven't been added to Vera? Maybe you can add one more device (if you have a spare) and see if it adds as node 71 or 72.

Good idea, I'll give that a try tonight.

It does say say it's the primary controller and it does not say found existing node, though it does say found new node. I have tried to run an exclude on it a few times too but it never sees it during an exclude. I have been trying to make the changes to it while the server busy pop up is running and I noticed a couple odd things after that. 1. It showed a pop-up saying something about not finding the dongle (which is weird since I have a Vera2) and 2. It doesn't disappear until I make a change to it and hit the Save. I'll try adding a light this evening and see what happens, hopefully no major crash and burn.

Offline ruster34

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2010, 04:39:43 pm »
Does anyone know if you can load Vera's "remote IR device" interface to integrate the AVL300?

Here's what I'm essentially looking to do:
1. Use AVL300 as a good universal remote and to enact scenes helpful for movie watching, etc
2. Use remote app (i.e. iTouch or Android phone) to adjust volume when using outdoor speakers or being anywhere other than the theater room.

Offline woodsby

• Beta Testers
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2010, 05:50:32 pm »
Does anyone know if you can load Vera's "remote IR device" interface to integrate the AVL300?

Here's what I'm essentially looking to do:
1. Use AVL300 as a good universal remote and to enact scenes helpful for movie watching, etc
2. Use remote app (i.e. iTouch or Android phone) to adjust volume when using outdoor speakers or being anywhere other than the theater room.

Nope, you cannot.

Offline mbairhead

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2010, 07:29:35 pm »
I GOT IT TO WORK!!!!!!!

I know, that seems dumb but after trying countless times and accidentally killing almost every switch on my middle floor (causing a series of scene nightmares) I decided to try one more time before tossing my Monster remote out.

It's set up almost exactly like I'd like it except I'd like to update a couple of the scenes and I'd like to add a couple scenes to it. Can I simply open the software, create/modify scenes, plug the remote in and update the software? I also forgot to add two switches that I'd like to have, is that still possible? I'm not brave enough to chance it at this point, without asking first.