Author Topic: noob qustion :)  (Read 2028 times)

Offline shotgun29

noob qustion :)
« on: February 20, 2015, 08:02:38 am »
Just installed the app version 2.0 connected perfect to my squeezebox server. How to use the plugin. I have the spotify plugin installed on the server, and i want to create a scene that starts a playlist in spotify. If this is not possible and it can only play a local list no problem. Just need a guide to doo this?   

Offline shotgun29

Re: noob qustion :)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 12:23:10 pm »
it doesn't seem that i have squeezebox controller . I installed the app pared it op to my lmc, it sayes it is running. But thers is no device coming up to control the squeezebox devices any idea what's going wrong

Offline shotgun29

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 12:35:07 pm »
fund out the problem with the missing squeezebox controller wrong port. now only a hint to creating a screen to play a playlist from the plugin spotify would be appreciated :)

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 10:14:38 am »
Hi shotgun29,

Are you in UI5 or UI7?  In either case, use the advance scene editor to add an action for the squeezebox player (not server device).  You'll find the action for SetFileToPlay.  This takes one argument, which should be the URL or file location of your spotify playlist.

I assume that would work.  This is the same as sending the squeezebox CLI command "playlist play X" where X is the spotify playlist url / name.

Offline iamJ11

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 11:46:06 pm »
Hi, it seemed like you've solved the problem. Rather than opening a new thread, I'd figured I would piggyback off yours.

I'm having the same issue. I'm a total newbie to this Vera world. I have a couple of zones with Squeezebox Boom. And now venturing into bigger things.

Like you, I've also successfully added the Squeezebox Control V2 Plugin in my UI7 Veralite. I've inputed my LMS IP address and port number and it was able to see it just fine.

Now what? Also like you, I just want to be able to control the player thru Vera (playing a playlist based on time of day, turning off audio at night, etc). I'm not able to see any place where I can dictate where to play my audio... or even audio control. So how did you get to the next step?

I went to http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Squeezebox but there is no mention on what to do next. I've played around by trying to add a scene, but no luck.

Thanks.