We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: New UI and Schlage lock prob  (Read 9848 times)

Offline Jacobly

Re: New UI and Schlage lock prob
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2010, 10:20:49 pm »
Stress test didn't work for me either. I have opened a ticket and let them know via PM.

I'll let everyone know what they find out....
Z-Wave enthusiast

Offline zmistro

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2010, 12:11:43 am »
I gave up and reverted to the older firmware.
Have you tried un-plug the dongle and plug back in?
Just a thought.

Offline wseverino

• Global Moderator
  • Da Man, Da Myth, Da Legend - in his own mind!
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2010, 09:15:33 am »
The only way to make the lock work from an upgrade is to reset the ZWave Dongle and then re-add everything. Thats what worked for me when I was playing around with it.
My ZWave Network: Too friggin big to list.....

Offline Jacobly

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2010, 10:45:59 am »
Well, the whole point with me jumping through the hoops with MCV is to get this bug squashed so when other people upgrade, they won't have this problem.

Like I said, I'll post back with what they find out.

If they don't find anything, then I certainly will look @ other options.
Z-Wave enthusiast

Offline TheGadgetGuy

• Technology Guru
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2010, 12:58:52 pm »
The scary thing is, I didn't even KNOW there was an issue with the new UI's handling of the Schlage locks for a few days.

I use Vera to ensure my home's locks are secure and 'locked', and since Vera had been reporting that the locks were locked with no errors, I thought everything was fine.  One day, I happened to physically notice that one of my doors was unlocked.  I took out my iPhone to lock it, and was shocked to see that the iPhone (and Vera) thought it was locked. 

That's when I noticed that I had lost control of the locks, and also lost the ability to see the status of the locks.  Not a good thing at all!

MCV should have warned people in large red bold letters that upgrading to this annoying slow flash UI would break the ability to monitor their homes.
"Lots of Z wave switches by various companies", 8 Panasonic IP cameras, 4 Schlage locks, 2 Kwikset locks, 3 Z-wave thermometers, 2 5 button Cooper scene controllers, etc.

mcvovidiu

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2010, 07:52:57 am »
We tested UI3 with the Schlage locks and didn't encounter those problems. After some of you reported this, we revised the code and if there were some issues, now they are fixed and will be available in the next firmware release.

The "annoying slow flash UI" is not that slow anymore and neither annoying if you give it a try and see that it more user friendly than the old UI. We will release a new firmware with UI2 which includes some fixes for those who don't want to go with UI3, and we will continue the development on UI3 as planned (of course, taking into account all of your suggestions and complains).

Offline myhomeserver

• http://www.MyZwave.net
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2010, 09:01:35 am »
Looking forward to "upgrading" again when this new UI3 v2 comes out.  I hope it will just fix the lock, and add in some better support for my Fortrezz Water/Freeze sensor and show the temp of the 3-in-1 Motion detector more reliably. 
I don't mind the UI at all and I noticed that it's easier to find my switches and devices since I know where they are located in the floorplan.

I just want my lock to work again without having to reset everything and it would be great to be able to see and use all the temps and sensors from my devices.  I also have an issue with the WAP and Smartphone plugins and can't seem to get these new versions installed...its always pushing back the older revs to me

eagerly awaiting the update...
MyZWave.net - See Our Z-Wave product Reviews
(formerly MyHomeServer)

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2011, 11:09:09 am »
I have a Vera 2, with the latest software to date, and two Schlage Door Locks.
On one I can change the door user code from the UI4 web interface, on the other I get the infamous "Command failed:  no available user code". :(
Yes I did all of the manual remove all, factory reset ...
I can delete a user code that was manually added from the UI4 interface.
I can lock, unlock, and also see status from the UI4 interface.
There has not been much news on this thread ... did I miss something ? I did not see a similar thread.
So this looks like a pairing related problem.