We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Beta 4 Update Info - Released  (Read 3564 times)

Offline mramgine

Beta 4 Update Info - Released
« on: March 01, 2015, 07:40:04 pm »
Next update so far...

- added a bunch more devices
- fixed the context menu so it properly renders
- moved the custom views to be at the unit level.  This means you can create different views for each unit.  Also simplified UI to be able to support N number of views
- added local name for items so you can now update the remote and also have a local only name for a device or scene
- added a bunch more icons
- Theme in General settings will now correlate properly with Dark/Light theme of phone.  Dark = Light foreground, Light = Dark foreground
- Adding confirmation to Theme change since setting it improperly can make the screen viewability bad
- further tweaks to the progress indicator to make it more reliable
- Tweaks to the Gradiant background

« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 10:28:15 pm by mramgine »
My Z-Wave: 1x Vera (FW 1.0.979, Dongle 2.78), 1x Intermatic HA03C, 1x Intermatic HA05C, 1x Intermatic HA02C, 1x Wayne Dalton WDTC-20

Offline tomgru

Re: Beta 4 Update Info
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 02:50:00 pm »
FYI... haven't seen this come across my phone yet.

have BIG feature request.  Support for the multiswitch plugin.  I great way to add multistate-like options for devices you may not support.  Maybe with a multistate image that is relatively agnostic, like an on/off switch, until/unless you allow customer images/icons. 

Offline mramgine

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 07:07:53 pm »
I haven't pushed it yet.  This is a thread for what i'm working on for the next release. :-)

The app already supports the multi switch (urn:schemas-dcineco-com:device:MSwitch:1) plugin.  At this time i have no plans to support multiple icons per plugin for different states.  I tinkered with the idea of changing the color of the icon to signify ON/OFF but at the time it didn't look very good.  I can basically make the icons whatever color i want  without the need to create new icons.  I could maybe make that an option and not show an indicator and instead just color the icon.   Currently i'm building indicator metadata so you can change the behavior of what signals the indicator to be ON.  So in the cause of the multi switch i allow you to apply that to any of the 6 buttons for either the on or off state.   For now i don't allow any custom setup beyond what is defined but the framework is pretty flexible so i can expand on it in the future, but not right now.
My Z-Wave: 1x Vera (FW 1.0.979, Dongle 2.78), 1x Intermatic HA03C, 1x Intermatic HA05C, 1x Intermatic HA02C, 1x Wayne Dalton WDTC-20

Offline tomgru

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 09:39:22 pm »
I haven't pushed it yet.  This is a thread for what i'm working on for the next release. :-)

The app already supports the multi switch (urn:schemas-dcineco-com:device:MSwitch:1) plugin.  At this time i have no plans to support multiple icons per plugin for different states.  I tinkered with the idea of changing the color of the icon to signify ON/OFF but at the time it didn't look very good.  I can basically make the icons whatever color i want  without the need to create new icons.  I could maybe make that an option and not show an indicator and instead just color the icon.   Currently i'm building indicator metadata so you can change the behavior of what signals the indicator to be ON.  So in the cause of the multi switch i allow you to apply that to any of the 6 buttons for either the on or off state.   For now i don't allow any custom setup beyond what is defined but the framework is pretty flexible so i can expand on it in the future, but not right now.

Cool.. an indicator in terms of a light is fine, especially if you add the ability to add custom names.   ;D

that said... I see the instance of the multiswitch plugin, but it doesn't do anything per se.  As an example, it shows up as 8 separate devices in Imperihome, each mapping to one of the 8 buttons.  in yours, I see one device, and clicking on it doesn't invoke anything.  am I doing something wrong?

Offline mramgine

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 08:11:06 am »
Maybe we are talking about different device types.  Mine opens with 8 toggles

Offline tomgru

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 10:16:14 am »
Maybe we are talking about different device types.  Mine opens with 8 toggles

Weird... mine doesn't open at all. Just sent you the log files.

Offline mramgine

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 11:37:44 pm »
multi switch should now display custom labels if they are found

Offline mramgine

Re: Beta 4 Update Info - Released
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 10:28:36 pm »
Released

Offline korttoma

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 03:04:57 am »
Thanks! I will check it out and let you know if I have any problems.

at least the UV sensor seems to show a value now and I like the icon you made for it.

And thanks for the Fan icon.

- Tomas

Offline tomgru

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 06:00:39 pm »
Customer names = Awesome.
Multiswitch works!

Question for you... what is the additional indication/text under each device?  It looks like status, depending on the device.  But in some cases, i'm not sure what it means.  (see attached).

For example, on Alarm, it shows dam ready a none
and it shows it if you have the device opened or not.

So in the case of the multiswitch, it kind of looks odd, since you can see the status of each switch.

Offline mramgine

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 07:31:07 pm »
Its basically variables on the device that show status related info.  The the short values are just abbreviations

dam: detailed arm mode (disarmed, armed, armedinstant, stay, stayinstant, night, nightinstant, force, ready...)
a: alarm (none, active)

Not sure i understand whats odd about the multiswitch status info.  The multi switch device has 8 switches that can have a state of on/off... my status area can hold up to 6 items so i show the first 6.  For a given device it will implement one or more services... those services all have status metadata.... i've picked the common stuff and put it in the status area... its not meant to be anything more than glance data.

Offline rarev

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2015, 05:27:57 am »
I'm having some problems with the custom views. They seem to disappear whenever I add or remove a device from my Vera. When adding the name again in the settings. All devices that were in the favorite section (custom view) return to that view, so I don't have to readd them. Little bug there...

Offline mramgine

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2015, 08:50:49 pm »
Good catch.  That will be fixed in the next update.