We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: DataYours on Raspberry Pi  (Read 38055 times)

Offline thegazelle

Re: DataYours on Raspberry Pi
« Reply #135 on: December 18, 2015, 03:11:24 pm »
Given that Cache, Dash, and Graph do not need to be on the Vera now (since they are running on RPi), what would be the proper way to remove them on the Vera? Through a URL command giving the delete device argument  or simply deleting the proper files from Vera via SSH/WinSCP?

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #136 on: December 18, 2015, 03:22:32 pm »
Given that Cache, Dash, and Graph do not need to be on the Vera now (since they are running on RPi), what would be the proper way to remove them on the Vera? Through a URL command giving the delete device argument  or simply deleting the proper files from Vera via SSH/WinSCP?

The file space that they take up is hardly worth bothering with.  I assume you are running with a DataYours parent device.  If so, then all you need to do is to change the device variable DAEMONS to simply read Watcher and reload Luup.  After reloading, the other child devices will be removed and another restart forced.  After it comes up again, you should be left with just DataYours and DataWatcher running.

If you need to gain more running memory (ie. RAM) you can run without the DataYours device, but it makes configuration a tiny more difficult (but will save you about 4 Mbytes.)

Strangely enough, I am, as we speak, working on an upgrade that reduces memory overhead even more and vastly reduces the number of files required for a DataYours installation, but that can be for a bit later.

-----------

Edit: You could additionally remove the "127.0.0.1:2003" in the DESTINATIONS variable, which will stop DataWatcher from trying to send the data to the local DataCache (which doesn't exist any more.)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 11:33:09 am by akbooer »
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline thegazelle

« Reply #137 on: December 27, 2015, 10:19:34 pm »
Akboor, I hope you've had a good holiday with your family.

I understand what you mean about it not being worth it to delete the files on the Vera. Honestly I don't know how to view the free ram on the Vera. I assume the "free" command run only shows free space (similar to a hard drive) and not the free ram in the system. The reason I asked about getting rid of them is because my Vera is always a little sluggish, even though I've got about 5 or 6 devices and maybe 10 "virtual" devices (wunderground, etc).

I've got yet another question. I'm working on my Dad's RPi openLuup/datayours setup. I did his slightly different than mine and here is what I did:

1. Downloaded datayours and datayours graphite onto his Vera, and enabled the daemons required to make datayours work (his Vera runs UI7 if that's relevant). I was able to successfully access the datayours web interface on the Vera, but did not bother logging any devices since I only installed Datayours so that the watcher plugin would be installed, becuase I planned to run all the other daemons on the RPi2.

2. Installed openLuup and AltUI on his RPi2 and ran the openLuup_getfiles.lua scriptso that all the plugins were copied to the RPi2. OpenLuup/AltUI worked flawlessly on the the RPi2. I then moved onto to getting datayours installed on the RPi2.

3. I encountered problems when I tried to run the startup.lua script ("./openLuup_reload startup.lua"). If I create the datayours plugin with the code in the startup.lua script, datayours keeps requesting a reload (see attached image). Have you encountered this?

« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 01:20:25 pm by thegazelle »

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #138 on: December 28, 2015, 03:57:48 am »
The first things to look at are:
  • the log, in /etc/cmh-ludl/LuUPnP.log, what does it show?
  • what version of DataYours, and where did you get it?
  • what is in your startup.lua file?

This should give something to start with.
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline thegazelle

« Reply #139 on: December 28, 2015, 02:23:01 pm »
The part of the log where it begins to loop is attached.

Version 7, downloaded from the App store on 12/25.

startup.lua is also attached.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 03:45:45 pm by thegazelle »

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #140 on: December 28, 2015, 05:00:26 pm »
The problem is clear.  Your luup.create_device() call for DataYours should not, confusingly, be in the startup attribute definition, but further up the startup.lua file just after the similar call for VeraBridge.

What is happening is that EVERY startup, that attribute code is being run, and creating a new device which instantly wants to create some child devices wich requires another restart...

Offline thegazelle

« Reply #141 on: December 28, 2015, 08:01:39 pm »
Thanks, that was an easy fix. I'm now getting the no handler response again on the Vera and RPi, and I'm fairly certain I know why... I have no DAEMONS variable on the Vera or RPi that is accessible. It was there previously, and I had the child devices setup properly on the Vera and Rpi, but they disappeared on the Vera, and subsequently the RPi. (see attached screen shot)

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #142 on: December 29, 2015, 03:46:40 am »
You're using a very old version.  You should, at least, be using this one http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,30808.msg243487.html#msg243487

...although that's shortly to be superseded by the latest, currently in testing.

Offline thegazelle

« Reply #143 on: December 29, 2015, 08:18:30 pm »
Sort of the same mistake I made last time... ;)

I replaced the files on Vera and the RPi, got the daemons variable to show up, and everything is up and running on my Dad's Vera and RPi (w/openLuup and Datayours).

Last time I started with an old DY version I found in the forums that I thought was the most current. This time I downloaded DY from the App store then used the file copy feature to replicate the necessary files to the RPi. I assumed that the Appstore version would be the most current.

Thanks for the help and your patience.

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #144 on: December 30, 2015, 04:02:39 am »
No, my apologies.  This is all because I haven't kept the App Store version up to date... the reason for that being that it's SO difficult.  But I now have in testing a new version with far fewer files (it does not create child devices for all the daemons) and it will form a firm foundation for future updates which will be both in the App Store and on GitHub.