We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: DataYours on Raspberry Pi  (Read 38055 times)

Offline d55m14

Re: DataYours on Raspberry Pi
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2015, 07:27:44 pm »
Excellent!

Yes, the device configuration is only read at initialisation.  Adding devices is not something which happens too often.

Ok for device configuration.

I've defined some graphs but I can't see them after a restart of lua. Repeated the process but the result is the same.

donato

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2015, 07:34:38 pm »
I've defined some graphs but I can't see them after a restart of lua. Repeated the process but the result is the same.

Ah! Well spotted!  I knew there was something else...

You need to create a /www/ directory on RPi, because this is where DataGraph keeps its configuration file with graph definitions.

We are just at the edge of being able to fool the unmodified DataYours daemons that they are still on Vera.  My current difficulties lie around the way that these different platforms deal with web servers - the location of the /www/ directory is a case in point.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 07:37:17 pm by akbooer »
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline d55m14

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2015, 07:44:29 pm »
Fine !!

www dir created and now the graphs are ok after a restart. Excellent job !!

donato

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2015, 07:48:54 pm »
I've a spare Raspberry pi : do you think is possibile to use it for Datayours with the Watcher deamon running on Veraedge and store the data on a storage connected to Raspberry ?

This would be fun to do and is certainly possible.

..and so we see that it IS possible, on both Raspberry PI and BeagleBone Black.

The whole point of basing DataYours on Carbon/Graphite was that it is an open system, not rooted in any particular architecture, so that you could do exactly this sort of thing.

...I'm delighted you asked the original question just under a month ago.  I have had fun doing it, and the choice of Carbon/Graphite as the underlying architecture was definitely the right one.   This also gives a new impetus to improving DataYours, in particular DataDash, but I'm now also very intrigued to see which other plugins can be ported: Netatmo will be next, since that just creates virtual devices and doesn't need Z-wave.

3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline d55m14

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2015, 08:02:55 pm »
I've a spare Raspberry pi : do you think is possibile to use it for Datayours with the Watcher deamon running on Veraedge and store the data on a storage connected to Raspberry ?

This would be fun to do and is certainly possible.

..and so we see that it IS possible, on both Raspberry PI and BeagleBone Black.

The whole point of basing DataYours on Carbon/Graphite was that it is an open system, not rooted in any particular architecture, so that you could do exactly this sort of thing.

...I'm delighted you asked the original question just under a month ago.  I have had fun doing it, and the choice of Carbon/Graphite as the underlying architecture was definitely the right one.   This also gives a new impetus to improving DataYours, in particular DataDash, but I'm now also very intrigued to see which other plugins can be ported: Netatmo will be next, since that just creates virtual devices and doesn't need Z-wave.

I completely agree with you . I think that this is a right approach : it will stabilize the zwave controller and will give more flexibility on plugins and applications and on the hw platform.

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2015, 02:44:18 pm »
... I'm now also very intrigued to see which other plugins can be ported: Netatmo will be next, since that just creates virtual devices and doesn't need Z-wave.

Just as a footnote: Netatmo is now running on the BeagleBone Black, along with DataYours, and so is Rex's excellent RBLuaTest.

...but that is a story for a different thread.

Offline d55m14

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2015, 04:30:07 pm »
... I'm now also very intrigued to see which other plugins can be ported: Netatmo will be next, since that just creates virtual devices and doesn't need Z-wave.

Just as a footnote: Netatmo is now running on the BeagleBone Black, along with DataYours, and so is Rex's excellent RBLuaTest.

...but that is a story for a different thread.

fine akbooer  !!

my Datayours installation on Rpi is running with no  problems and with limited usage of computers resources.

donato 

Offline airedale

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2015, 07:48:48 pm »
I just went through the setup and all seems to be working well.

I am launching this from the command line and it is running well.

How are you guys getting it to turn into a daemon?

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2015, 05:54:55 am »
I just went through the setup and all seems to be working well.
Excellent news!

I am launching this from the command line and it is running well.
Yes, that's the way I use it mostly because I'm still developing the openLuup framework.

How are you guys getting it to turn into a daemon?

I'm running Debian on a BeagleBone Black, and for me, this works a treat...
Code: [Select]
nohup lua5.1 RPI_BBB_DataYours_Beta1.lua > luup.log &
...then you can even tail the log file if you need to see what's going on.

The latest openLuup framework is much more capable than that posted here and runs many other plugins unmodified.  In particular, the altUI plugin by @amg0 gives a complete UI (much better than UI7.)  I'm not quite ready to start a separate thread on that, but I'm looking at it as an openHAB alternative.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 05:05:22 am by akbooer »

Offline sjnelle

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2015, 02:43:04 am »
Nice work.

Where can I download the plugin?

What do I have to install on the vera?

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2015, 04:52:27 am »
Where can I download the plugin?
The DataYours plugin, and the associated DataYours - Graphite daemons are downloadable from the MiOS App store.  A slight change to the DataDash
code is required and attached to a few posts back in this thread (here http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,31078.msg225202.html#msg225202) which also has the 'openLuup' code to run on the Pi.

What do I have to install on the vera?
Just the DataWatcher daemon is all that's required, although you can do a full DataYours  install and just use it to run the watcher.

I'm assuming that you know what DataYours is all about and that you're wanting to migrate part of it to a Pi.

A much more comprehensive version of the 'openLuup' code is under construction and should be able to run almost any plugin on a Pi, or similar.

Offline sjnelle

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2015, 06:44:50 am »

The DataYours plugin, and the associated DataYours - Graphite daemons are downloadable from the MiOS App store.  A slight change to the DataDash
code is required and attached to a few posts back in this thread (here http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,31078.msg225202.html#msg225202) which also has the 'openLuup' code to run on the Pi.

But I have first to install them on the vera and then copy the files to the PI?
Is it possible to download the files without install?

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2015, 04:52:07 pm »
You need a minimum of files on Vera to run DataWatcher anyway.  The files are very small and do not take up significant resources.  It's really the easiest way to get hold of them, but if this gives you any trouble, I'll post a zip file.

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2015, 12:38:35 pm »
I've just released a much more general version of the openLuup system, which means that a specific version for DataYours is not required.

The release here http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,32315.msg240753.html#msg240753, plus the following updates on that thread, should run many standard Vera plugins.

Modifications to the startup file (for openLuup) to run Datayours are here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,32315.msg240753.html#msg240753.

An update to the DataYours Lua file (which still runs on a standard Vera) is attached here.  What it does it to transfer the configuration parameters to all the various daemons, so you only have to configure any given parameter (eg. LOCAL_DATA_DIR) in one place, rather than in each of the daemons.

One 'gotcha' if you choose to run DataWatcher under openLuup: you need to be sure that all of the devices variables that it is watching do already exist - this is important because devices and variables are not persistent under openLuup.  The simple solution to this is to delay the startup code until all other devices have started.  On the other hand, if you're just logging metrics from a remote system, then this isn't a thing you need to consider.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 01:58:51 pm by akbooer »

Offline d55m14

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2015, 03:44:16 am »
Hi akbooer,

I'm trying to replicate datayours data on a Rpi with openLuup e Datayour (Cache, Graph, Dash). The Watcher daemon is at the moment on the Veraedge controller.

Can you confirm that on the destination system (rpi) are replicated from the origin the treemap and the watched variables ? The storage schema of replicated and watched variables is for all "1h:7d average" and is different from the origin storage schema : is it correct ? If yes can I changed them on the destination system ?

tnks

donato