We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Nest Binding merged - congrats to @watou!  (Read 1377 times)

Offline guessed

• Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
Nest Binding merged - congrats to @watou!
« on: March 05, 2015, 11:13:58 am »
A big congratulations to @watou for getting his Nest Binding approved and merged into openHAB 1.7.0!

That's two-for-two, given his efforts on getting the Ecobee Binding into openHAB.

Starting with tonight's build, it should be available as part of the openHAB Development Build Addon's ZIP file.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: Nest Binding merged - congrats to @watou!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 04:10:47 pm »
I've been using the ecobee binding for weeks now and have not experienced issues from what I have seen. Have not checked the logs in detail but works well.

- Garrett

Offline watou

• Community Beta
Re: Nest Binding merged - congrats to @watou!
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 04:22:30 am »
Wow, thanks guys!  I just now noticed this thread.  I've added an action bundle for the Ecobee binding, currently planned for OpenHAB 1.8 but there is a build available to test (if you want to send messages to the thermostat's display, set holds to setpoints or named comfort settings, acknowledge alerts, etc.).  Here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pcxh3uembjk1vsy/AABO98W7bltNzhtADA12mgfCa?dl=0

I see very little chatter about the bindings, but I take that to mean it's not giving people problems. :)  The recent integration from my.openhab.org to IFTTT is a nice addition.