Author Topic: Missing devices in UI7 "My Modes"?  (Read 5515 times)

Offline n0ir

Missing devices in UI7 "My Modes"?
« on: March 07, 2015, 06:10:39 pm »
Just starting to explore UI7 and is think the new feature with modes could replace my "All off"- "All on"-scenes.

If I understand correctly from http://support.getvera.com/customer/portal/articles/1609587-main-controls-my-modes-my-shortcuts-my-favorites all devces included to the unit should be possible to choose and control when a specific mode is activated?

However, on my Vera Edge only 3 (!) devices are shown under "What to do when this mode is selected?". I have lots and lots of lights and other devices? Do I need to add the devices I want to be included here somehow?

Offline pathed

Re: Missing devices in UI7 "My Modes"?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 03:28:37 am »
@n0ir: Did you ever find out why not all devices are shown in the list?

Offline n0ir

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 04:18:59 am »
@n0ir: Did you ever find out why not all devices are shown in the list?

No, sorry. :S Some more devices appeared but I'm not sure why. Still missing some devices.

Offline Dekagon

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 05:10:36 am »
Anyone have any ideas? No devices show up under "What to do when this mode is selected?"

Offline erickpanger

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 02:38:09 pm »
I've seen this before when I use my Android device to try and change my modes. Only a few devices are listed. But it I go to my ubuntu machine they are all there. Your right it is nice to use the night mode for example to turn off all but a few under counter lights before I head up to bed.

Offline c93

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2016, 09:41:07 am »
I have the same problem. there are no devices in "What to do when this mode is selected?" under my modes.
I used to have at least one device there but it has disappeared and I don't know when it happened.
This is really annoying.

Offline claudiu

• MiOS Official
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 04:12:48 am »
Hello,
Hope the following answers your questions related to the device types added to the preset modes - added list by sections:

1.Choose sensors to arm

Here go all the devices which have the user_data category_num property = 4 - basically security sensors, smoke sensors, CO sensors....
*List of categories can be found here: http://wiki.mios.com/index.php/Luup_Device_Categories

2.What to do if an armed sensor trips?

Here go all the cameras (devices with the user_data category_num property = 6)

3.What to do when this mode is selected?

Here we add the following device types:
   a) thermostats and heaters (devices with user_data property device_type = urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:HVAC_ZoneThermostat:1 or urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:Heater:1)
   b) alarm partitions (devices with category_num = 23)
   c) door locks (devices with category_num = 7)
   d) On/Off switches: light bulbs, smart plugs, garage door openers (devices with property device_type = urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:BinaryLight:1)
   e) Dimmable devices: dimmable lights, window coverings, rgb lights, philips HUE lights (devices with property device_type = urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:DimmableLight:1 / urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:WindowCovering:1 / urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:DimmableRGBLight:1 / urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:DimmableRGBLight:2 /urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:PhilipsHueLamp:1 / urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:PhilipsHueMultisourceLuminaireLamp:1 / urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:PhilipsHueLuxLamp:1 )

Offline eric@grabner.no

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 04:06:52 pm »
I experienced that my thermostats where not showing up in my modes under "What to do when this mode is selected".

I used your tip about:
thermostats and heaters (devices with user_data property device_type =
urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:HVAC_ZoneThermostat:1 or urn:schemasupnp-
org:device:Heater:1)

but without luck.

Offline stefhelm

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2016, 07:16:11 pm »
Can Virtual Switches (from the virtual on/off switch app) be added to "My Modes"?

Offline TimHTees

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2016, 02:02:22 am »
My CT-100 thermostat seems to have the correct type device_type under advanced device settings urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:HVAC_ZoneThermostat:1 but I still don't see it under "what to do when this mode is selected" 

I would love some instructions on what to do

Offline svaleb

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2016, 05:50:52 pm »
Hello,
Hope the following answers your questions related to the device types added to the preset modes - added list by sections:

1.Choose sensors to arm

Here go all the devices which have the user_data category_num property = 4 - basically security sensors, smoke sensors, CO sensors....
*List of categories can be found here: http://wiki.mios.com/index.php/Luup_Device_Categories

2.What to do if an armed sensor trips?

Here go all the cameras (devices with the user_data category_num property = 6)

3.What to do when this mode is selected?

Here we add the following device types:
   a) thermostats and heaters (devices with user_data property device_type = urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:HVAC_ZoneThermostat:1 or urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:Heater:1)
   b) alarm partitions (devices with category_num = 23)
   c) door locks (devices with category_num = 7)
   d) On/Off switches: light bulbs, smart plugs, garage door openers (devices with property device_type = urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:BinaryLight:1)
   e) Dimmable devices: dimmable lights, window coverings, rgb lights, philips HUE lights (devices with property device_type = urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:DimmableLight:1 / urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:WindowCovering:1 / urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:DimmableRGBLight:1 / urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:DimmableRGBLight:2 /urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:PhilipsHueLamp:1 / urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:PhilipsHueMultisourceLuminaireLamp:1 / urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:PhilipsHueLuxLamp:1 )

Hmm, I have a fibaro plugin switch, FGWPEF101 categorised as an "indoor switch", Cant find it in the list ?
All other plug in switches is categorised as "on/off switch".

Offline Explosive

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2016, 09:38:49 am »
My CT-100 thermostat seems to have the correct type device_type under advanced device settings urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:HVAC_ZoneThermostat:1 but I still don't see it under "what to do when this mode is selected" 

I have the same problem with a Nest Thermostat.
After setting it up, it only showed under 'My Modes' for a couple of days.

The device settings seem to be correct.
Please advise.

Offline doctorkb

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2016, 09:22:15 pm »

I have the same problem with a Nest Thermostat.
After setting it up, it only showed under 'My Modes' for a couple of days.

The device settings seem to be correct.
Please advise.

My Nest is showing up, but it would be nice to have the Home/Away setting of Nest to be under that panel, too... appears to be an oversight.

Offline bbro

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2016, 09:02:32 pm »

My Nest is showing up, but it would be nice to have the Home/Away setting of Nest to be under that panel, too... appears to be an oversight.

Same here.  I have 3 Nest thermostats showing up under modes but what I really want is to be able to control the WWN Home/Away device with the Vera modes.  I attempted a workaround by setting up a virtual switch as a go-between but the virtual switch doesn't show up either.  I tried changing the device type of the virtual switch to binary light switch but the type reverts back to a virtual switch after a reload.

Honestly, it would make more sense to let the user decide which devices to include under the preset modes rather than trying to guess how users will want to implement this feature for their own situations.

Offline bbro

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2016, 12:25:36 pm »

Same here.  I have 3 Nest thermostats showing up under modes but what I really want is to be able to control the WWN Home/Away device with the Vera modes.  I attempted a workaround by setting up a virtual switch as a go-between but the virtual switch doesn't show up either.  I tried changing the device type of the virtual switch to binary light switch but the type reverts back to a virtual switch after a reload.

Honestly, it would make more sense to let the user decide which devices to include under the preset modes rather than trying to guess how users will want to implement this feature for their own situations.

I just discovered the HouseModes Plugin that looks to solve my problem by letting you use house modes in scenes.