Hi @XJezreel, I've asked Bert at RFXCOM tech support to weigh in on this, and here's what he said (below).
One thing I did not realize is that the new version of the RFXCOM default firmware
it ships with only has the RollerTrol TRANSMIT protocol enabled (not RECEIVE). This would certainly explain why the RF signal from the remote control of our blind motors is not showing up in the Vera interface.
In Type2 firmware you can enable the Blinds T0 protocol
for receive. All other protocols are disabled at that time, so it should be used temporarily to receive the remote control transmission codes so that you can use the same code in the application as the remote to control that motor.
If you don't need to use the RFXCOM transceiver for any other purpose, you can leave it with this firmware installed.
I'll be checking this as I run the bench tests here, and I will report on the procedure, but here I have summarized what Bert had to say, which may resolve the problem for you at this point:
1. The RFXtrx433E is default delivered with Ext firmware which supports Rollertrol TRANSMIT
, not RECEIVE
2. Type2 is the only firmware that supports Rollertrol RECEIVE
so that the channel ID of the remote control transmission can be received.
3. If the RFXtrx433(E) does not contain firmware Type2, then you can re-flash Type2 firmware
in the RFXtrx433E.
4. If you have a Windows system you can test the RFXtrx433E functions with our Rollertrol radio motors very easily using the stand-alone RFX Manager program
. You do not need Vera to control our shade motors if you prefer to do it with a PC, but using Vera will provide a lot of extra functionality. The RFX Manager program is also a good way to test that the transceiver and motors are working
, if you have a problem with Vera.
5. The RFXtrx User Guide, RFXflash and the latest RFXtrx433 Type2 firmware
are available at www.rfxcom.com/Downloads
6. See the RFXtrx User Guide chapter 6 for instructions how to flash firmware, here's a summary of the setup with RFX manager:
A. Click Get Status in RFXmngr and you can check the firmware version.
B. Type2 firmware has a firmware version between 163 and 186
Packettype = Interface Message
subtype = Interface Response
Sequence nbr = 1
response on cmnd = Get Status
Transceiver type = 433.92MHz
Firmware version = 186
C. Enable Blind T0 and click Set Mode, screen example is here: http://rollertrol.com/images/instructions/rfxcom/rfxmanager/image001.jpg
D. Transmit a command with the Rollertrol remote.
E. On the Blinds1 tab select the same ID and unit Code as received from the remote (12 17 and 1 in the screen example below) http://rollertrol.com/images/instructions/rfxcom/rfxmanager/image002.jpg
F. You should be able to control this Rollertrol motor now using RFXmngr with up/down/stop commands.
G. If you transmit a command the red LED should blink on the RFXtrx.