Author Topic: Auto restart after update  (Read 1084 times)

Offline tyfoon

Auto restart after update
« on: March 23, 2015, 03:51:36 am »
Did anyone find a solution on auto restarting imperihome after it has been updated automatically via the app store?

Especially when you participate in the beta there are regular updates and then I find all my wall mounted tablets with a blank android screen.

Offline konradwalsh

Re: Auto restart after update
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 04:10:00 am »
What I do is use Tasker to kill the app and then reload it periodically...

It always does this at 6am and then a few times during the day .. but I use other logic and apps to make sure it only happens when no one is near it.. I use AutoVera to check for motion in that room and if none then do it.. it takes about 5 seconds so shouldn't affect anyone

An alternative would be to watch for the notification of the update using AutoNotification and then use AutoInput to click the ok button but thats too complicated

Offline Tank

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 09:17:48 am »
I would just disable auto-updates if this is an always-on solution.

Offline tyfoon

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 04:55:36 pm »
What I do is use Tasker to kill the app and then reload it periodically...

It always does this at 6am and then a few times during the day .. but I use other logic and apps to make sure it only happens when no one is near it.. I use AutoVera to check for motion in that room and if none then do it.. it takes about 5 seconds so shouldn't affect anyone

An alternative would be to watch for the notification of the update using AutoNotification and then use AutoInput to click the ok button but thats too complicated

This sounds good!  Can you share the Tasker logic?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk