We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: "Double-click" light functionality  (Read 2320 times)

Offline erikv

"Double-click" light functionality
« on: March 27, 2015, 02:41:00 pm »
I'm wondering if there's a way (ideally without coding) to use a double-clicking a light switch (i.e. turn light off by physically pressing the off side of the switch twice within 1 second) to trigger a scene. For example: I could initiate a "goodnight" scene by "double-clicking" a bedroom light switch.

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
Re: "Double-click" light functionality
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 10:35:03 am »
There use to be switches from ACT and Evolve that did this with something called multiple association groups. Group 1 would be a single click, group 2 a double click...

The manufacturer, Linear, has since removed this functionality despite their documentation continuing to reference it. There may still be some switches on the market that also support multiple groups, but I am not aware of any.

You might consider a multi button scene controller as a replacement for a switch.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 02:44:28 pm »
I'm wondering if there's a way (ideally without coding) to use a double-clicking a light switch (i.e. turn light off by physically pressing the off side of the switch twice within 1 second) to trigger a scene. For example: I could initiate a "goodnight" scene by "double-clicking" a bedroom light switch.

As was said most switches don't have the ability to send 2 of the same commands to vera. If it's off pressing it again doesn't send anything to vera. My GE switches are this way.

I wanted to control a table like (doesn't have a switch) with an existing switch. I used the bedroom fan switch in PLEG that if it was on more then 2 times in 5 sec then turn on the table light. It was as close as I can get.

Condition = BedroomFan @ 2 < 5

If the fan is off, then an (on, off, on)  or (on, off, on, off) is needed. It just needs to see the on command twice in 5 secs.

Offline erikv

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 04:39:46 pm »
Thank you all. Separate controller it is :)

Offline TheRedPill

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 06:35:14 pm »
No need. Use fibaro dimmer modules and some simple pleg logic.  You can use different click or hold switch functions to trigger on both s1 and s2. I use this all around the house for sonos control, lighting moods, etc. I generally install a double switch with only s1 doing the light and s2 controlling other things. Very wife friendly ;)