We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: After latest firmware upgrade, I'm losing Zwave connectivity  (Read 2629 times)

Offline edgebinary

After latest firmware upgrade, I'm losing Zwave connectivity
« on: March 27, 2015, 10:40:08 pm »
After upgrading to 1.7.541, I've noticed that my VERA lite will randomly lose Zwave connectivity. (The little orange indicator light will be off). This has happened 2 times in the last 48 hours since upgrading to the latest firmware version. A manual reboot gets it working again.

Anyone else experiencing a similar issue?

Offline awesomo

• Sr. Newbie
Re: After latest firmware upgrade, I'm losing Zwave connectivity
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 12:06:43 am »
YES! I have been running 1.7.541 for a few days on my Vera 3 and it has been an unstable mess. It lost connection a few times in the past day. This evening I found it lost connection again and a reboot did not fix it. I flipped the main breaker to my house, reset the Vera 3 to factory defaults, and tried to pair my devices again. It wouldn't pair anything I tried. It just kept asking me to try again. When I walked over to the device with the Vera on battery, the slow blinking zwave light never flashed quickly.

I reset to factory defaults AGAIN and restored from a backup file. All my devices appeared (except my Remotec relay which seems to not work at all on UI7). But none of the devices would communicate.

Enough was enough and I downgraded it all the way back to 1.5, restored defaults again, restored my backup file, EVERYTHING started working again. Everything. And I bet it will continue working just as it has the past 2 years. Rock solid.

I really wanted the geofence. I am so bad with closing my garage or checking my locks. I am so absent minded running out in the mornings. Oh well, maybe someday.

Offline rhodian

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 07:46:43 am »
Hello,

I recently upgraded the firmware on my VERA to 1.7.541 and have been experiencing similar problems.... Lost ZWave signal, difficulty pairing and configuring devices etc. etc.

I've spent the last week trying to diagnose these problems individually and it wasn't until now that I remembered the firmware upgrade! I was going to try restoring to factory defaults and would like to try downgrading firmware, if that does not work!

Where can I get an older version of the firmware?

Thanks

Offline Inzax

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 08:14:22 am »
I really wanted the geofence. I am so bad with closing my garage or checking my locks. I am so absent minded running out in the mornings. Oh well, maybe someday.

Geofence is kind of a hot mess.  Works for one person.  Very glitch (my experience) trying to set it up for two.  Probably saved yourself a weekend.
Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
VeraSecure; Concord 4 Panel; 6 IP Cameras; Imperiehome; Housemodes; system monitor; DeusexmachinaII; Vera Concierge

Offline awesomo

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 10:26:11 am »
Geofence is kind of a hot mess.  Works for one person.  Very glitch (my experience) trying to set it up for two.  Probably saved yourself a weekend.

Yeah. Someone else warned me and got me turned onto Vera Proximity. After I enabled the "Use Sensors" false alarm checkbox and set the Rapid Update to 1 minute, its been EXACTLY what I  was looking for. One day UI7 will work correctly, one day...

Marc Shenker

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 11:31:37 am »

Inzax, sorry you have been having a hard time. Geofencing is set up to work with one user and one device. We will be increasing the number of users and devices in future updates. Also, make sure that each user has their own distinct user ID.

Again, sorry for the hassles you have experienced.

Going forward, rather than waste weekend submit a support ticket, support@getvera.com or http://support.getvera.com/customer/portal/emails/new and then email me so I can prioritize your ticket.

Offline Inzax

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 12:37:06 pm »
Will do.  Thanks Marc.  Sometimes the only way to learn is to burn away and fail.  I have learned support is the way to go when the brick wall won't budge.  :)
Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
VeraSecure; Concord 4 Panel; 6 IP Cameras; Imperiehome; Housemodes; system monitor; DeusexmachinaII; Vera Concierge

Offline GT!

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 02:20:03 pm »
I started to have zwave issues recently as well (after upgrading to .541.  For the past few days scenes stopped working and I was getting the error 'zwave couldn't start'.  In the logs it said something about the dongle being in a bad state.  Rebooting did not fix it.  Leaving it turned off overnight worked twice, but both times the problem returned.  I just put on the latest firmware .569.  It has only been a couple of days, but so far no issues (zwave or other).  Fingers crossed that it stays this way ...