We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Domitech Bulbs  (Read 8278 times)

Offline afogelman

Domitech Bulbs
« on: April 01, 2015, 08:07:45 am »
Just seeing if anyone has ever used the Domitech DTA19-750-27 Bulbs with vera!, kindda figure they would work but wanted to know if anyone had any firsthand knowledge of them

Thanks!

Offline jmarken

Re: Domitech Bulbs
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 09:40:58 am »
I just got one with the Aeon Labs mini-remote bundle.  I haven't had much time to play with them yet.

Did you ever get some?  Any tips on working with them?  So far the device toggle command in Vera doesn't seem to impact them. 

But like I said, I've just gotten the one and am just getting started with Vera / zwave / etc.

Jmarken

Offline mrv777

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 10:06:50 am »
I have one and had no issues with it with my VeraEdge

Offline JDFranks

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 10:45:15 am »
I have two of the Domitech bulbs and my VeraEdge turns them both on at 2:20 am every morning? Anybody have any ideas what causes this and whether there is someting I can do about it?

Offline PharmaGuy

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 08:55:00 pm »
JD: I also have a Domitech bulb paired with my VeraEdge. Like you, my bulb turns on randomly around 2-2:30 AM. This does not happen every night however. It is very strange  ???

I have no idea what would cause this...if you able to pinpoint anything and/or find a solution, please let me know. Thanks!

Offline alanharvey

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 06:03:29 am »
I also have this problem. Here is what I have done so far as workaround pending a proper fix:-
1) In case it's a Vera reboot problem I added a new scene to turn off just the Domitech bulbs. I then put a line in the Vera startup lua to run that scene.
2) I scheduled triggers for the new scene at 02:00. 02:30 and 03:00 just so they don't stay on all night.
3) I set parameter 1 for the bulbs to 1. I was hoping this would stop power line glitches triggering the bulb to full brightness. It made no difference.

I would be very interested to hear others experiences.

Alan

Offline svaleb

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2016, 09:47:06 am »
It is annoying they turn to full brightness when turned on remotely. They should keep last dim.

Offline pncarrerars

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2016, 05:17:27 am »
I also have problems with my one bulb using Vera Edge turning on at random in the night. Other than that the bulb works very well.

Offline Lennoz

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 02:55:20 pm »
Hi,
Also a domitech led owner, and i also got up this morning while this led light turned itself on.
I would like to get parameter 1 changed, but not know how, what to and where to change this within the device settings.

Anyone found a solution yet or should we get in contact with vera support?

Thanks

Offline mawinehouse

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2016, 03:04:57 am »
I also have the turn on problem. 2:04am every night. Put "1" in parameter 1 but made no difference. Used a scene to cure problem but would like a proper fix. I also have a second bulb which turns on but is more random than the first. The return to full brightness on turn on (software control) is also very annoying ):

Offline Lennoz

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2016, 03:34:24 pm »
Hi Gents,

My wife solved the problem, she has inserted a Click on Click off into the power outlet of this light. Duhhhhh
But still switch on for the full 100%, maybe it can be solved.....with tape?

If anyone have a solution to configure these parameters, so that a scene is not necessary anymore?

thx, Lennoz

Offline mawinehouse

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2016, 03:48:49 pm »
dosent seem to be a fix in sight at the moment ): Thanks for the info though

Offline dorpjes

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2016, 04:27:37 pm »
Got the same issue.  :( Bought new stuff but the VeraEdge keeps switching the Domitech LED on at night around 2:00 AM. The logging tells me that the Domitech is switched on by Vera, my other powerswitch is not affected. Send an email to support, hope to hear something.

Offline Lennoz

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2016, 04:29:33 am »
I'll shall do the same thing, write to vera about the issue....

The Domiech bulbs are fine, and I understand that there default settings in brightness is set at 100%, prameter 0.
However the issue here is that somewhere it gets a trigger from a .json (best guess) that the light must turn on at 02:00?

That's strange,

My bulb is set in a scene, if this bulb is turned on, other lights follow turing on as well.
So, it was pretty light in the living this night.....no burglers though.....butt rather have it not happening.

Would buy more of these bulbs, as they are not too expensive and easy to move around in the house.

Keep up the good work, Lennoz

Offline dorpjes

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2016, 04:40:35 am »
Got an answer from Vera:
"It seems that this issue happens after the overnight heal starts when Vera is updating the neighbor nodes and routes then tries to poll these bulbs in order to check their status and the bulbs turn on."

They are working on it, it is a known issue. Hope to get a fix soon.

They advice to create a scene at 01:59:50 AM skip step 2 of the scene and use Luup code "os.execute("reboot")". I did not use that, I've just created some scenes between 02:00 and 02:30 to switch off the lamp. Maybe the bulb on on for some minutes but sure I won't notice at that time  ;D