Author Topic: UI& 7.05 My Shortcuts - All Lights - How to configure membership  (Read 3579 times)

Offline BOFH

• Sr. Hero Member
I just added a GE/Jasco Outdoor switch to my Vera3 running 7.05. It's now showing up under My Shortcuts on the dashboard under the Lights (all On/Off) group. Unfortunately that switch runs a small fountain on my Lanai and really can't be considered a light. Is there a way to configure membership of that illustrious light group?  Particularly as I also have a Aeon smart switch on my fridge that tells me energy usage of that fridge. I was thinking of moving that from Ui5 to UI7 but not if I run the risk of it also getting added to the above light group.

Can we please have a > next to My Shortcuts that goes to a config page similar as My Modes has that lists all devices which can be a member of this group with the option to switch membership on or off per device (multi state button)? Same for the locks part perhaps?
Vera3 UI5 UI7 Edge Plus
Trane TZEMT400AB32 | Schlage BE369 FE599 | GE 45601 45602 45603 45604 45606 45609 45631 | Intermatic HA01C HA03C HA05C HA07C CA600 CA3000 | Aeon DSC06106 | Telguard GDC1 | Foscam FI8910W FI8905W FI9821W | D-Link 930L | Wanscam JW0011 | ZModo ZPIBH13W

Offline rstrouse

Re: UI& 7.05 My Shortcuts - All Lights - How to configure membership
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 10:06:56 pm »
BOFH,

I think this is a function of the switch.  I read up on it at the Homeseer forums a while back while I was trying to figure out all this zwave stuff.  The ALL ON/OFF command is a global command that is issued and if the switch supports the command it will react.  If it doesn't it will not.  I suspect that somewhere buried in the switch config it can be turned off.  I managed to figure it out for one of my Linear switches last year but for the world of me I cannot find the stupid config setting that I changed.  Most switches support it but the response may be turned on/off from the config.  There was also something about the capabilities and the COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_ALL class.  That is class 39 but I was so playing around when I got it to work.  I can't imagine that simply removing 39 from the capabilities will work though as I think this is actually returned when the switch is asked to configure.

Do you have the configuration options for the switch.  I looked up the manual it gives a whole lot of useless information like don't pee on a bare wire and don't bathe with the switch while hooked up.  The configuration information seems to be absent.
1xVera3 1.7.619, 4xLinear WT00Z, 3xLinear WS15Z, 1xLeviton VRCZ4, 10xCooper RF9540, 1xLeviton VRFI10, 1xLeviton VP00R, 2xLinear GD00Z-4, 1xGE/Jasco 45612, 1xGE/Jasco 45610,  4xGE/Jasco 45605, 2xYale YRD220-ZW-619, 1xCaddx NX584, Autelis Intellitouch Pool Control, OpenSprinkler

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 11:22:46 pm »
Can we please have a > next to My Shortcuts that goes to a config page similar as My Modes has that lists all devices which can be a member of this group with the option to switch membership on or off per device (multi state button)? Same for the locks part perhaps?

I agree this should have been added. But this don't really affect me or alot of users since this does not show up in the "Real" apps and they allow you to make composite switches to group together what ever switches you want. No scenes required and I have all indoors and all outdoor switches too.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 09:36:22 am »
I think your are mixing up the Z-Wave  All Lights on class command with UI7's  House Mode All lights on command.

That latter is like a generated Vera Scene.

Offline Grwebster

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 08:58:30 am »
There should be a way to add a device to the group for the all off switch in UI7, but at this point it does not seem to be the case.  I have a jasco on/off wall switch that is not included, but some plug in dimmers are.  Hopefully this will be added at some point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline shallowearth

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 02:33:11 am »
Yes, it would be great if you could configure this.  I have a bunch of Cooper Light Switches, but only the Dimmer Switches show up as lights, all the rest (binary non-dimmer switches) are not included because they aren't considered light switches.  No idea why not.

Offline jaded

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 08:57:49 pm »
I have a lot of switches that control many things, including some actual lights, (they're in my greenhouse and are on timers so I don't want them controlled by the "All On/All Off" switch.)  I too could use a good way to configure/add/remove devices from any "All X" group.