We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Next release will be official version  (Read 2119 times)

Offline mramgine

Next release will be official version
« on: April 05, 2015, 05:32:28 pm »
So i think we are feature complete enough for the first release of the universal app.  I'm currently doing cleanup, bug fixes and also doing spot checks to make sure i'm bringing over most of the features that preexisted in the original app. A few things that haven't been seen but will show up in the first release

- general setting to make the camera start in live mode when opened
- added refresh button to the camera controls
- added network connectivity check to the service calls. Basically if it detects your not connected it will just return an error with a message regarding that.
- actions created from pinning are now visible and usable for other things.  Only limitation is you can't modify the steps
- fixes for devices to make icons render in black or white properly
- location features should now disable properly if you've turned off location services
- optimizations to improve rendering speed of the items list
- button flyout actions text should be properly spaced now
- background timer task and location tasks should now actually run.... guess i must have disabled them at some point. 
- when assigning an action to a location it now properly strips actions that have Go To steps since this is designed to be a background only.
- moving encryption of passwords to use the built in PasswordVault functionality in the OS.
- added indicator icon to the pages to show if your device doesn't have a valid connection to the internet.
- added a new combobox control which includes up / down buttons.  will be used on long list numeric inputs so you can easily do granular changes.  Its a stopgap till i can figure out how to make the combo boxes work the way i want.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 11:37:09 am by mramgine »
My Z-Wave: 1x Vera (FW 1.0.979, Dongle 2.78), 1x Intermatic HA03C, 1x Intermatic HA05C, 1x Intermatic HA02C, 1x Wayne Dalton WDTC-20

Offline tomgru

Re: Next release will be official version
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 10:05:15 am »
Awesome!  nice work.

Tablet/PC version next?  :)

Offline Jasonejc

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 11:23:39 am »
Tomgru,  Universal means the same app will run anywhere.. like even Xbox???

Will we need to uninstall / re-install or will the current apps on WP8 and Win10 update themselves?

Thanks for the continued work.

Offline mramgine

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 03:09:08 pm »
So this app is the Windows 8.1 definition of universal.  I'm currently building UI's for phone and tablet/desktop.  After i get the phone version released i'll be focusing on finishing up the UI pieces for the desktop/tablet app.  As for XBox i'll have to wait for the official SDK for windows 10 to be able to look into that.  You shouldn't need to uninstall anything but for sure you will have to setup your stuff again since the data structure is very different.
My Z-Wave: 1x Vera (FW 1.0.979, Dongle 2.78), 1x Intermatic HA03C, 1x Intermatic HA05C, 1x Intermatic HA02C, 1x Wayne Dalton WDTC-20

Offline Laughing Man

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 09:16:17 pm »
Looking forward to it.

Offline mramgine

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 03:30:43 pm »
Actually i'm going to push out one more beta.  I am now feature complete for final but want to do some last minute testing.  Please let me know if you run into any issues.

Make sure to read the release notes... its rather lengthy.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 03:39:55 pm by mramgine »

Offline Jasonejc

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 07:59:37 am »
How do I find the beta?  Happy to do some testing for you.

Offline mramgine

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 08:55:03 pm »
email me your winphone email and i can add you.. amginecreations@gmail.com

Offline mramgine

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 09:07:57 pm »
ran into a couple obfuscation issues once i re-enabled the background tasks... that's probably the reason i disabled them whenever that was...  i think i got it working again but want to verify a bit before i push it out... wouldn't want it to not run.. :-)