Author Topic: Disable Vera Alerts for Motions Sensors  (Read 4604 times)

Offline Aaron

Re: Disable Vera Alerts for Motions Sensors
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2017, 04:59:47 pm »
The latest firmware now does not have motion sensor notifications in the dashboard if the motion sensor is disarmed, so that should resolve the issue.  I can't say if it also fixed door sensors, but atleast for the Fibaro motion sensor and EZMultiPli motion sensor, I no longer get any notifications in the dashboard that they changed state if they are disarmed.

... what is "latest firmware" mean? I have the "latest" released for V+ (1.7.2414) and it shows ALL motion sensor notifications, even when the devices are Disarmed.

Offline piranhaphish

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2017, 10:34:37 pm »
On at least the latest UI7 (1.7.2608 in my case), you can go to Users & Account Info > Notifications Settings and un-check the setting for
Security Alert (such as door/window sensor, motion sensor, door lock, etc.). This will disable all general motion/lock notifications which are otherwise issued without regard to other notification settings or armed status.

Then, if you still want alerts for specific devices, you can set them up under the Notifications section of each device. Or, if you want the alerts under specific conditions (i.e. in Away mode), you can set them up as Scenes with no actions and only notifications.

Disclaimer: I am very new to Vera and home automation in general, so forgive me if any of this is incorrect.

Offline calinutz

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2017, 07:20:03 pm »
Obviously everybody is confusing Alerts and Notifications.

The alerts are the ones that appear on the Dashboard, right under "Welcome user", above the slider with Current Status / Security / Energy. An yes, it's pretty annoying to get tens of alerts per day from magnetic contacts and other devices, when they're not armed. So you just ignore that section altogether, and so this Alerts future just looses it's purpose, because you end up missing other alerts that might be important.

Notifications ... it's self explanatory ... Users & Account Info -> Notifications Settings  for group notifications setup, or Notifications section of each device.

Offline Robinbb

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2017, 04:26:19 am »
This is so maddening!
Notification Settings/Security Alert is UNCHECKED
My Preset Modes/ Who should be Notified 'Choose which Vera Users to notify automatically in the event a door or window is opened or a sensor is tripped' is all set to NO
Yet there is one device (Fibaro FGK-101) which always causes a double email to be sent out for each opening.  It is never armed.
The cause must be somewhere in its Advanced area, but blowed if I can find it!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 04:51:21 am by Robinbb »