We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: News about HomeKit and Vera  (Read 307294 times)

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
  • HA ≠ IoT as a blue sky is cloudless.
Re: News about HomeKit and Vera
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2015, 04:07:59 am »
I have tried that too without deleting any file and got the same error. Let me try this.

Edit: just tried and I am getting the same error indeed even after deleting the persist folder.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 04:12:39 am by anhman »
openLuup (79 devices, 141 scenes, 19 apps) master to VeraPlus (142 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 221 devices,  20 scenes , 2 apps) +  Hubitat (15 Zigbee nodes) + Home-Assistant (API Integrations). Bridged to Siri and Alexa. Homewave. VeraPlus ExtRooted and mios server independent.

Offline Hackworth

« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2015, 04:17:48 am »
Odd. How about "031-45-154" ?

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2015, 04:32:29 am »
Odd. How about "031-45-154" ?

uhhh, it worked. really odd. It seems to be a format problem. Thanks!

Now how to make it reside at boot...
openLuup (79 devices, 141 scenes, 19 apps) master to VeraPlus (142 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 221 devices,  20 scenes , 2 apps) +  Hubitat (15 Zigbee nodes) + Home-Assistant (API Integrations). Bridged to Siri and Alexa. Homewave. VeraPlus ExtRooted and mios server independent.

Offline jasonkhonlaw

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2015, 11:20:33 am »
Nice, I got this to work, it's pretty sweet other than a few issues.  Does anyone else have these problems?

1. Siri/Homekit doesn't think I have any lights installed.  I have both dimmable switches and regular switches.  However, if I say "Turn off Family Room lights", Siri responds that she can't find any lights.  However, if I say "Turn off Family Room" (without the term 'lights'), the lights turn off just fine.
2. Siri won't turn off dimmable switches with 'on/off' commands.  I have to say "Dim Living Room lights to 0%" to turn off or "Dim Living Room lights to 100%" to turn on.
3. Siri doesn't seem to recognize multiple garage doors.  When referencing one garage door through the MyTouchHome app, I can raise lower them individually, but if I ask Siri to do it, both of them go up and down simultaneously.

If anyone has figured out how to resolve these issues, please let me know.  Otherwise, it's pretty fun!

Offline Hackworth

« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2015, 04:16:30 pm »
jasonkhonlaw, I've noticed Siri's a bit moronic when it comes to the exact verbiage, I've also noticed you have to say "Turn off living room" rather than "Turn off living room lights" and you have to say "dim" instead of "set" or she'll think there's nothing in the room. However, I've had no problems with asking her to turn off a dimmable light. I've noticed it can take awhile for the HomeKit database to sync up with Siri, you might try restarting your phone as well.

What are your two garage door's named?

Offline Jacob

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2015, 04:43:44 pm »
Hello gent's

Will the home bridge work in aan other language then english?

Jacob

Offline Hackworth

« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2015, 05:54:49 pm »
Jacob, it should work fine. Siri may not work with HomeKit in your language yet, though. I'd suggest trying it and letting us know what you find.

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2015, 06:57:03 pm »
Different languages: I think it should work. But you will have to name your devices accordingly so that Siri links the two together. Will test that at some point.
Dimmers: I have had no problem with my dimmers turning on and off either.
Garage Door: It keeps on saying it can't find any. It is very annoying. I am having to name my garage door completely differently to make my Linear GD00Z work. I seems to be recognized as a switch not as a door.
Door Lock: Able to turn on and off my lock as if it was a switch by calling it "door" Similar to the garage door situation.

Great work Hackworth. Thanks for making it easier.

Offline Hackworth

« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2015, 07:29:52 pm »
Okay, I've added the ability to name your garage doors in the config.json file, that should help people with more than one garage door. Anhman, what does your Linear GD00Z show up as in Vera? A door lock or something else?

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2015, 09:00:17 pm »
The GD00Z shows up under the latest UI7 as a on/off switch.

It uses the D_BinaryLight1.xml device file but the D_GarageDoor1.json json file so it actually displays a garage door icon.
Maybe I should try to change the device file?

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
News about HomeKit and Vera
« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2015, 09:28:13 pm »
Do not change your device file, it is correctly defined. A Garage Door should Category 1 Sub Cat 5.  You should be able to see this in the Advanced section variables.

http://ip_address:3480/data_request?id=user_data&output_format=xml

For more information, see wiki below:

http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_UPNP_Files#Device_Categories

Offline Hackworth

« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2015, 09:52:00 pm »
Anhman, it would seem Brientim is correct. Apparently my garage door plugin is wrong. I've pushed a quick and dirty hack that should make light switch style garage doors work, go ahead and try.

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2015, 10:00:06 pm »
The vera definitely did not like the xml file change. It shut the device and created a new one with a new id#.

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2015, 10:03:53 pm »
Anhman, it would seem Brientim is correct. Apparently my garage door plugin is wrong. I've pushed a quick and dirty hack that should make light switch style garage doors work, go ahead and try.

Or to use a different phrase, rapid development...

Offline jasonkhonlaw

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2015, 10:18:15 pm »
Are you using your garage doors though the Liftmaster plugin on the Vera?  Mine weren't working, so I used the LiftMaster accessory file included with HomeBridge.  At first, it would only open a single garage door, so I modified the script so I could pass in the ID of the opener.  Siri for some reason opens them both at the same time though, even if I specifically say "Open the 'Big Garage Door'".  Also, they show as 'open' all the time in the apps (Insteon, MyTouchHome).  In the Insteon app, it won't let me open/close it.  In MyTouchHome, it will, although it always shows 'open' by default.

If you guys are using it as imported from the Vera, what do you add to your config file to get them to work?

Thanks,

Jason