We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: News about HomeKit and Vera  (Read 307733 times)

Offline acn

• Sr. Newbie
Re: News about HomeKit and Vera
« Reply #165 on: June 11, 2015, 09:35:52 pm »
Yeah, I guess you're right - other than specific comments and different names to commands to give it some context, it's basically the same as the dimming lights js. I guess it's ok to simplify and remove it. The main addition is case 8.

Offline Hackworth

« Reply #166 on: June 11, 2015, 10:06:55 pm »
Okay, I've implemented it the other way. Would you mind doing a git pull and testing?

Also, I'm sorry, I'm not trying to squash on your work (which I very much appreciate btw) I just value simplicity from a maintenance perspective.

Thanks!
- Jordan

Offline acn

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #167 on: June 12, 2015, 06:44:53 am »
Okay, I've implemented it the other way. Would you mind doing a git pull and testing?
Also, I'm sorry, I'm not trying to squash on your work (which I very much appreciate btw) I just value simplicity from a maintenance perspective.
Thanks!
- Jordan

No worries, really! I was messing around the js file so much that I didn't notice than in the end I got the same thing. ;)

I've tested and it's working, thanks!

Offline acn

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #168 on: June 14, 2015, 02:21:51 pm »
So, I don't know if any of you is using the "Eve" app, but a recent update popped up with a lot of new features - things like "Good Morning" / "Good night" scenes and being able to select how we want Siri to address a given accessory we're adding.

I'm not testing a lot of these things essentially because my default language is not English.

(don't forget I'm using iOS 9b1, that may also be pertinent to this)

Edit: this update is actually pretty neat, I don't know if you guys already use this or not. I basically added some actions from within Eve to these default scenes, and even though there are quirks (Eve will afterwards list these scenes with 0 actions, but in fact they are running fine), it works remarkably well.  I just say "Hey Siri, good morning." and that scene will run.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 03:04:33 pm by acn »

Offline acn

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #169 on: June 14, 2015, 02:42:20 pm »
Hi,

For those who followed my notes to get VeraHomeKitBridge working on Synology DS's, I've been able to get it running in the background with the instructions below:

Code: [Select]
- Make it run in the background with pm2 (this thing is very cool!):

npm install pm2 -g
  cd /home/VeraHomeKitBridge/

[Check if avahi-daemon is running:]
service avahi-daemon status

[Start the nodejs script with:]
pm2 start app.js

[check if the app is running:]
  pm2 show 0

[check if the output log looks ok with:]
  tail /root/.pm2/logs/app-out-0.log

All done! You can close your terminal sessions, it should keep running in the background!]

I haven't tried running it from the DS, and on boot, as I still couldn't make avahi-daemon stable enough. For now it's fine like this, at least for me.

Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 02:45:21 pm by acn »

Offline henkedk

« Reply #170 on: June 15, 2015, 05:40:57 am »
Anyone figured out a solution for Siri not being able to find lights/lamps if they are named "Light" or similar? Works like a charm if you call the device "Couch" or anything non-light related.

PS - what's up with all these security questions when trying to make a post? A captcha is one thing, but having to answer 3 additional questions??

Offline dlca1

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #171 on: June 16, 2015, 01:56:39 am »
I know HomeKit currently only supports lights, locks and garage doors.

What would be the best way hack this to work with a TV? (be able to tell Siri to turn TV on/off)
I have an old Pioneer Kuro and am controlling it in vera using a Roomie Blaster (same as Global Cache Flex) using the GC100 plugin.

I'm on UI5 in case that matters.

Some ideas:
1) Create a virtual binary light. Create triggers that happen when the binary light is turned on/off? I got stuck when I was trying to create a new scene using my television but  there is just a big circle with a line through it. (in attached pic)

2) Create a custom light plugin? Have the on/off actions directly call lua actions that will invoke the Global Cache API.

Any suggestions?

Offline Hackworth

« Reply #172 on: June 16, 2015, 02:01:22 am »
Just use the version on my github. It supports scenes perfectly.

Offline Talcoth

« Reply #173 on: June 17, 2015, 03:36:40 am »
This is as far as I have gotten (see picture) because I am a total noob when it comes to these kind of stuff. I would like "it" to run on my Synology so therefore I have tried to follow acn's guide. I easily get lost so a more kinda "step by step" guide would greatly be appreciated. Cheers

Offline acn

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #174 on: June 17, 2015, 06:01:58 am »
This is as far as I have gotten (see picture) because I am a total noob when it comes to these kind of stuff. I would like "it" to run on my Synology so therefore I have tried to follow acn's guide. I easily get lost so a more kinda "step by step" guide would greatly be appreciated. Cheers

You've just entered the debian chroot command line, that's basically the start of the tips I wrote.

And sorry, but I really can't make it any more step by step, I would say it's fine should you read along what I've written in the code box:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,31716.msg237385.html#msg237385

cheers

edit: one note though: you won't need node js running as a package on the Synology Package Manager.

Offline Talcoth

« Reply #175 on: June 17, 2015, 07:15:04 am »
Yes and the second thing I enter as a hole is.

/var/packages/debian-chroot/scripts/start-stop-status chroot
      aptitude update
      aptitude upgrade
      aptitude install locales
      dpkg-reconfigure locales

I can't seem to scroll between the languages as you describe. Using the keyboard only threes commands show.

Offline acn

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #176 on: June 17, 2015, 07:19:41 am »
@Talcoth: I'm sorry but I don't understand what you're trying to say.

What I can recommend is for you to follow the tips *one at a time*, do not copy paste huge blocks of commands without knowing what you're doing.

If you get an error after entering a specific command, search the web for a solution or ask here, but right now you're being too vague.

Offline Talcoth

« Reply #177 on: June 17, 2015, 01:32:57 pm »
I dowloaded this git and the folder just lays on my desktop. Python and Debian Chroot is running on my Synology. I have ticked SSH and I'm able to login to my Synology with my terminal on my mac. I then run;

and this shows;

bash: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.utf8)
root@NAS:/#

I'm stuck already on the first step and can't seem to follow your guide. The second step i assume, because it's the second thing on your notes, is running;

aptitude update
      aptitude upgrade
      aptitude install locales
      dpkg-reconfigure locales

But it tells me

bash: /var/packages/debian-chroot/scripts/start-stop-status: No such file or directory
Display all 636 possibilities? (y or n)

I totally understand that you don't have time to lead me every step of the way because that's basically what I need. I got overwhelmed when I saw Albebee's video and when he wrote
   "I'm going to refine it so that everyone else can easily use it, no matter what your skill level is. I think i can make it so simple, it will take you under 2 minutes to get running."

Anyway, if a really easy to follow guide comes a long, please tell. I'm a real geek and want this to work real bad but don't have the knowledge to do so myself. Cheers

Offline acn

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #178 on: June 18, 2015, 06:05:34 pm »
@Talcoth, here are some pointers so you can check that:

bash: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.utf8)

This is fine. This is the debian chroot command line started by the '/var/packages/debian-chroot/scripts/start-stop-status chroot' command.

I'm stuck already on the first step and can't seem to follow your guide. The second step i assume, because it's the second thing on your notes, is running;

You're repeating the same first command already inside debian chroot, that's why you have an error. I removed that repeated entry from my notes so it won't confuse anyone.

Run the other commands separately: in general, one command per each line. I.e.

One command is:       aptitude update
Another command is:       aptitude upgrade

And so on. Each command ends when you get the command line again as it was at first.

Cheers

Offline Bertin

« Reply #179 on: July 13, 2015, 02:19:19 pm »
Hi,

So I struggled to get this working on my macbook pro and finally got it:

1. Install Node.Js
You can use the installer package.

2.Run This:
git clone --recursive https://github.com/Hackworth/VeraHomeKitBridge.git
cd VeraHomeKitBridge
sudo npm install
cd lib/HAP-NodeJS
sudo npm install
cd

3. Now go edit the config file
Change the Vera IP. (You can do this using finder if you struggle wit terminal commands)

4. Run it
sudo npm run start

Download a homekit compatible app.
Add devices by entering the code manually:

031-45-154

Viola!  ;D