We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: News about HomeKit and Vera  (Read 307632 times)

Offline jasonkhonlaw

• Sr. Newbie
Re: News about HomeKit and Vera
« Reply #255 on: October 22, 2015, 12:12:10 am »
Done.  I sent you a link to download a zip file of my files, along with the output from the console and a screenshot of the Insteon iOS app after I try to add a device.

I tried it a few times just to make sure I wasn't missing a step, but had the same result each time.

I was using the code correctly, 03145154 as written in the app.js file.

I'm running iOS 9.02.  I see that 9.1 is available now so I'll try with that as soon as I get it installed.
The Insteon app is version 1.1.0, Build 67.

I also tried adding with the MyTouchHome app and have the same result though.

Thanks so much for any help.

Offline gregorito

« Reply #256 on: October 22, 2015, 08:18:15 pm »
@ jasonkhonlaw and @ damianxd

I got this running on Mac, but just as jasonkhonlaw, I am getting the same errors. Everything is running. I can see all my devices in MyTouchHome app but adding them manually and entering the code I get the "Authentication, Unable to authenticate device communication". At the same time homebrige server gives these errors in the terminal window : "Invalid Signature, Client Disconnected, Server Disconnected"

If you guys get it working, please share the knowledge!
Thanks!

Offline rmadrid20

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #257 on: October 24, 2015, 09:22:26 am »
Quick question, in order for this to work i need a webserver? or a computer on all the time?
I have the veralite working with my android device and its all good, i'm going to move to a new apartment and I want all light switches be controlled by siri also on the other hand I have an ipad and I want to control my veralite thru the ipad because it's easier to say "hey siri" instead go to my galaxy and unlock it and say the command, thanks

Offline jasonkhonlaw

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #258 on: October 24, 2015, 10:26:42 am »
Quick question, in order for this to work i need a webserver? or a computer on all the time?
I have the veralite working with my android device and its all good, i'm going to move to a new apartment and I want all light switches be controlled by siri also on the other hand I have an ipad and I want to control my veralite thru the ipad because it's easier to say "hey siri" instead go to my galaxy and unlock it and say the command, thanks

Yes, you'll need a server running all of the time.  A Raspberry Pi is great for this.  I put mine in a case and it just sits in my network panel.  It uses little power and it is silent.

Offline rmadrid20

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #259 on: October 24, 2015, 04:00:36 pm »
Any of you have the steps to installed in a raspberry pie2?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 12:52:06 pm by rmadrid20 »

Offline aleco

« Reply #260 on: October 26, 2015, 11:25:27 am »
Hi all,

I am using the HomeBridge Version provided by Hackworth. Everything works fine. The only thing I don't see appearing in my EVE app is the following device:
- Danfoss LC-13 Thermostat Valve.

from Vera's dcoumentation this should be a device of category 5. Unfortunately there is no js file for it. Some other projects have been made to support such devices on Z-Way. Here is a link for that:
https://github.com/nfarina/homebridge/issues/193

If someone can help creating a thermostat.js file for HackWorth's bridge, that would be awesome.
Here is a snippet of the GET replay from my VeraEdge, exposing this device's cpapbilities (in my case I named it "Themostat"):

, { "name": "Thermostat", "altid": "16", "id": 120, "category": 5, "subcategory": 2, "room": 5, "parent": 1, "mode": "HeatOn", "status": "1", "commands": "heater_setpoint", "batterylevel": "89", "setpoint": "14.50", "heat": "14.50", "cool": "14.50", "state": -1, "comment": "" },

Any help is appeciated

Offline PeterAquino

« Reply #261 on: October 26, 2015, 06:13:57 pm »
After tinkering a bit, I was finally able to get this running on a Raspberry Pi 2 (running Raspbian).  As markwestcott mentioned a few posts back, there seems to be a problem with the curve25519 module that is currently linked in the installation package.  During the installation process, this module fails and so the directory "curve25519" is not created. I was able to work around this by pointing to a different version of curve25519.

Note: I performed these steps on my Macbook connected to the RPi2 via SSH. You will likely have to modify them slightly if you're performing this directly on the RPi2.

1. SSH into the RPi2

2. Run the following command to install the dependent Avahi package
Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get install build-essential libavahi-compat-libdnssd-dev git
3. Run the following command to install Node.js
curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_0.12 | sudo bash -
4. Run the following command to pull down the VeraHomeKitBridge files
git clone --recursive https://github.com/Hackworth/VeraHomeKitBridge.git
5. Run the following commands to install the bridge
cd VeraHomeKitBridge
npm install

6. Now, here's where we have to make the first change.  We need to SCP the following file to your local machine
~/VeraHomeKitBridge/lib/HAP-NodeJS/package.json

7. Open the package.json file from step 6 and locate the github reference for "curve25519".  This should be around line 8 of the file and will look like this
"curve25519": "git://github.com/thejh/node-curve25519",
8. Change the line to read as follows
"curve25519": "git://github.com/volschin/node-curve25519",
9. Save and SCP the package.json file back to the RPi2 into the directory form which it came
~/VeraHomeKitBridge/lib/HAP-NodeJS/

10. Now we can install the node modules by running the following commands
cd lib/HAP-NodeJS
npm install

11. Once the installation completes, if you navigate to "~/VeraHomeKitBridge/lib/HAP-NodeJS/node_modules", you will notice that there is a directory for curve25519, but it is named "curve25519_n"

12. Run the following command to rename the directory from "curve25519_n" to "curve25519"
mv ~/VeraHomeKitBridge/lib/HAP-NodeJS/node_modules/curve25519_n/ ~/VeraHomeKitBridge/lib/HAP-NodeJS/node_modules/curve25519
13. At this point, all of the files are in place and you just need to change a few configuration settings specific to your environment.  SCP the following file to your local machine
~/VeraHomeKitBridge/config.json
14. Modify config.json with your Vera's IP address and update the device name(s) for your garage doors, if applicable

15. Save and SCP the config.json file back to the RPi2 into the directory
~/VeraHomeKitBridge/

16. Finally, run the following command, from within directory "~/VeraHomeKitBridge/", to start the bridge
npm run start
17. At this point, there should be no errors and you are ready to add devices as mentioned in previous posts.

Offline jasonkhonlaw

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #262 on: October 26, 2015, 11:33:30 pm »
IT WORKS!!

Thank you!!!  Followed these instructions exactly and it works great!

Offline syyid

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #263 on: November 01, 2015, 12:13:27 am »
I'm able to install it correctly, it connects with Vera and gets a list of the devices.

When I open MyTouchHome and attempt to add an accessory it pulls up the list but the server crashes immediately afterwards.

Server Connection Established 48048
Start Verify M1
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

It also gives an Exit Status 139.

Edit:
It turns out it has to do with pairing, when I first attempted to do a pairing it crashed and then everytime I retried it was crashing as soon as it got the list of accessories.
I then renamed the accessory (light switch) I was adding and it loaded up the list fine, as soon as I went to add/pair, entered the code and it crashed again.

The app is somehow remembering the prior add's and I think trying to reconnect, reinstalling it isn't fixing that, only renaming the device itself does.

so any suggestions on why pairing and then adding the code 03145154 would cause a crash?
I'm Getting the following , which seems like the pairing itself is causing a reset after which everything goes haywire.

Start Pair M1
Start Pair M3
Start Pair M5
Client Disconnected
Server Disconnected
New Session 49587
Server Connection Established 48906
Segmentation Fault (Core dumped)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 12:37:05 am by syyid »

Offline Hackworth

« Reply #264 on: November 01, 2015, 02:47:42 am »
I've finally figured out how to fix Siri not finding devices when you know she should. If you use Eve (I don't see a way to do this in MyTouchHome) go to Edit, hit the gear icon next to a device, go to Features -> Used for and select the light bulb icon instead of the three circle square thing under other.

Happy to say this still works swimmingly under iOS 9.1, other than HomeKit being somewhat half baked and you having to reset it and delete the persist folder if something goes caddywompus.

Cheers!

Offline dalhoj

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #265 on: November 01, 2015, 05:02:16 am »
Hi, i got the verahomebridge to work on my Raspberry pi. But i cant add all my devices using Eve.

I have one fibaro dimmer in the living room that dosnt show up in the list, but i have added an other fibaro dimmer that works great.

Is there a way to force it to add a device?

Also some devives shows up in the list in Eve, but when I try to add the , and enter the password. It then fails, and the device cant be added!

Offline rmadrid20

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #266 on: November 01, 2015, 06:30:34 am »
Can someone help me to set this up please I'm new at this and im really want to integrate my Vera with Siri, I got a rp2 last week but I'm lost.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jasonkhonlaw

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #267 on: November 01, 2015, 11:19:47 am »
rmadrid - Please read PeterAquino's post.  I have a Raspberry Pi 2 and followed his instructions exactly to get it to work.  Just post any questions you have.

Offline rmadrid20

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #268 on: November 01, 2015, 04:01:08 pm »
how i do the step 6? edit the file?

Offline jasonkhonlaw

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #269 on: November 01, 2015, 04:08:47 pm »
Can you send me your version with all the node files included?

Exactly.  I just use WinSCP to log in and modify files.