We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: News about HomeKit and Vera  (Read 307166 times)

Offline rmadrid20

• Sr. Newbie
Re: News about HomeKit and Vera
« Reply #285 on: November 07, 2015, 11:33:07 am »
Got it working !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLYYYYYY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now if I have a front door why i have to tell siri TURN ON FRONT DOOR in order for her to open the door?
Can i change it siri OPEN THE DOOR?

Offline gregorito

« Reply #286 on: November 07, 2015, 12:06:49 pm »
@Bertin

Thanks for your effort and willingness to help. I appreciate it!
I formatted RPi2 and followed step by step. Unfortunately, it did not work :(
One interesting thing I tried was to change IP of Vera to a random IP, just to see what would happen... It gave me the SAME error about not being able to process devices "/home/pi/VeraHomeKitBridge/app.js:22 processDevices(body.devices);" which makes me believe that it does not even get to the point when it reads devices since putting a wrong IP I get the same error.
I am not sure how to troubleshoot it as I don't know programming to be able to figure out when it breaks. I am so frustrated. I guess I am the only one who can't get this to work :(

Also, I can get it to work with the instructions that @damanxd provided! I can see all devices on my iPhone but once I try to add them, enter the password, it shows Authentication, Unable to authenticate device communication".  In the console, homebridge gives this error:Invalid Signature, Client Disconnected, Server Disconnected". Somehow authentication fails. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks everyone contributing to this...

Offline bkmar1192

« Reply #287 on: November 09, 2015, 02:53:03 am »
Finally got it working my Mac thanks to the recent instructions by damianxd. 

Another question thought - I tried running it via Forever but Forever just says it is preparing the app but don't actually seem to do anything.

Any help would be great!

Offline simol

« Reply #288 on: November 09, 2015, 03:43:06 am »
Hi,
I have installed the home kit on a centos machine, the application start ok:

[root@server VeraHomeKitBridge]# npm run start

> VeraHomeKitBridge@1.0.0 start /root/VeraHomeKitBridge
> node app.js

Starting Vera HomeKit Bridge...
*** WARNING *** The program 'node' uses the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.
*** WARNING *** Please fix your application to use the native API of Avahi!
*** WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=node>
*** WARNING *** The program 'node' called 'DNSServiceRegister()' which is not supported (or only supported partially) in the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.
*** WARNING *** Please fix your application to use the native API of Avahi!
*** WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=node&f=DNSServiceRegister>
Create accessory: Harmony Control
Create accessory: HRM: LUCI
Create accessory: Luce Balcone
Create accessory: Tapparella 1
Create accessory: Tapparella 2
Create accessory: Tapparella 3
Create accessory: Allarme ON chiudi tapparelle
Create accessory: Allarme in corso
Create accessory: Ant. OFF Giorno Tapparelle
Create accessory: Ant. OFF Mattino tapparelle
Create accessory: Ant. OFF Sera Tapparelle
Create accessory: Luce Balcone Alba
Create accessory: Luce Balcone Tramonto
TCP server accepting connection on port: 51826
HAP Server is listening
TCP server accepting connection on port: 51828
HAP Server is listening
TCP server accepting connection on port: 51830
HAP Server is listening
TCP server accepting connection on port: 51832
HAP Server is listening
TCP server accepting connection on port: 51834
HAP Server is listening
TCP server accepting connection on port: 51836
HAP Server is listening
TCP server accepting connection on port: 51838
HAP Server is listening
TCP server accepting connection on port: 51840
HAP Server is listening
TCP server accepting connection on port: 51842
HAP Server is listening
TCP server accepting connection on port: 51844
HAP Server is listening
TCP server accepting connection on port: 51846
HAP Server is listening
TCP server accepting connection on port: 51848
HAP Server is listening
TCP server accepting connection on port: 51850
HAP Server is listening
New Session 61009
Server Connection Established 44638
Start Verify M1
Verify M1 Finished
Start Verify M3
M3: Verify Success
New Session 63723
Server Connection Established 39174
Start Pair M1
Start Pair M3
Start Pair M5
Client Disconnected
Server Disconnected
New Session 63724
Server Connection Established 38427
Identify!
Identify!
Start Pair M1
Start Pair M3
Start Pair M5
Client Disconnected
Server Disconnected
New Session 63745
Server Connection Established 50098
Start Pair M1
Start Pair M3
Start Pair M5
Client Disconnected
Server Disconnected

But I'm not able to connect through the app that says "Connection Failed" or "Object not found" (the list of all accessories is ok).
Please help me!

Thanks

Offline bkmar1192

« Reply #289 on: November 10, 2015, 01:24:08 am »
Is anyone else having issues with Accessories being lost after a crash or restart of the system?  I end up having to delete and re-add.  I have tried three different iOS apps all with the same result.

Thanks for any help...

Offline gregorito

« Reply #290 on: November 11, 2015, 04:56:39 pm »
YAY! After numerous trials and weeks of frustrations, I have this working on my iMac using some of @damanxd instructions. THANKS!!! I can't get it to work on RPi2 even if I follow these instructions as adding accessories always fails.

This is a step-by-step guide for complete novices like myself... enjoy.

All credits to @damianxd and everyone who wrote these files and countless lines of code... without you guys, it would never be possible. Big THANKS!

1. Install NodeJS 5.0.0 using installer from their website:
2. Open Terminal app, in Teminal you can type: 'node -v' and should get: 'v5.0.0' and then type: 'npm -v' and should get: '3.3.6'
3. type 'sudo npm config set registry http://registry.npmjs.org/' and press enter
4. type 'sudo npm install -g node-gyp' and press enter
5. Using Safari download: 'https://www.dropbox.com/s/23zx1lxjocdmqbf/Vera-HAP.zip?dl=0'. It will create folder named 'Vera-HAP' in your downloads
6. copy that folder: 'Vera-HAP' to your home directory.
7. Go back to Terminal and type: 'cd Vera-HAP' and press enter, then type 'npm install' and press enter
8. type: 'cd lib/HAP-NodeJS' and press enter
9. type: 'npm install' and press enter
10. Change directory back to Vera-HAP in your home folder (you can type 'cd ..' press enter and then one more time 'cd ..' and press enter).  Make sure it's your Vera-HAP folder in your home directory!
11. type "open ." Folder will open and you will see its contents in the Finder
12. Now you must edit app.js file. Do not use Textedit! use something like TextWrangler , you can download from (http://www.barebones.com/products/textwrangler/)
13. If using TextWrangler, open app.js file and navigate to line 10. Now change your Vera IP address. Do not alter any other symbols !
14. Save the file
15. Go back to Terminal
16. Make sure you are in your Vera-HAP folder in your home directory!
17. Enter 'node app.js' and press enter
18. You should see something like this: "Starting Vera HomeKit Bridge...Create accessory: name of your accessory, TCP server accepting connection on port: 51826, HAP Server is listening
19. Open your iPhone app: I use Elgato Eve but there are others...
20. Click settings, add accessory, chose your accessory, add, add anyway, enter the code manually by typing '031 45 154', you will get a message: 'accessory added'. Do NOT use 031-45-153 as in previous posts, it will FAIL!
21. Repeat step 20 for each accessory you want to add
22. Ask Siri to control an accessory. For example, you can say: "Turn on the Basement Light"
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 11:40:46 pm by gregorito »

Offline bkmar1192

« Reply #291 on: November 14, 2015, 03:51:34 pm »
I finally got it working on my Mac as well.  However, after 2 - 5 minutes I get a "Client Disconnect" and a "Server Disconnect" in my console and after that none of the devices that I previously added will show up.  I have to delete them and re-add.  Are you having this issue?

-Bert

YAY! After numerous trials and weeks of frustrations, I have this working on my iMac using some of @damanxd instructions. THANKS!!! I can't get it to work on RPi2 even if I follow these instructions as adding accessories always fails.

This is a step-by-step guide for complete novices like myself... enjoy.

All credits to @damianxd and everyone who wrote these files and countless lines of code... without you guys, it would never be possible. Big THANKS!

2. Open Terminal app, in Teminal you can type: 'node -v' and should get: 'v5.0.0' and then type: 'npm -v' and should get: '3.3.6'
3. type 'sudo npm config set registry http://registry.npmjs.org/' and press enter
5. Using Safari download: 'https://www.dropbox.com/s/23zx1lxjocdmqbf/Vera-HAP.zip?dl=0'. It will create folder named 'Vera-HAP' in your downloads
6. copy that folder: 'Vera-HAP' to your home directory.
7. Go back to Terminal and type: 'cd Vera-HAP' and press enter, then type 'npm install' and press enter
8. type: 'cd lib/HAP-NodeJS' and press enter
9. type: 'npm install' and press enter
10. Change directory back to Vera-HAP in your home folder (you can type 'cd ..' press enter and then one more time 'cd ..' and press enter).  Make sure it's your Vera-HAP folder in your home directory!
11. type "open ." Folder will open and you will see its contents in the Finder
12. Now you must edit app.js file. Do not use Textedit! use something like TextWrangler , you can download from (http://www.barebones.com/products/textwrangler/)
13. If using TextWrangler, open app.js file and navigate to line 10. Now change your Vera IP address. Do not alter any other symbols !
14. Save the file
15. Go back to Terminal
16. Make sure you are in your Vera-HAP folder in your home directory!
17. Enter 'node app.js' and press enter
18. You should see something like this: "Starting Vera HomeKit Bridge...Create accessory: name of your accessory, TCP server accepting connection on port: 51826, HAP Server is listening
19. Open your iPhone app: I use Elgato Eve but there are others...
20. Click settings, add accessory, chose your accessory, add, add anyway, enter the code manually by typing '031 45 154', you will get a message: 'accessory added'. Do NOT use 031-45-153 as in previous posts, it will FAIL!
21. Repeat step 20 for each accessory you want to add
22. Ask Siri to control an accessory. For example, you can say: "Turn on the Basement Light"

Offline tahitibub

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #292 on: November 14, 2015, 04:23:15 pm »
Hi,

First I want to thank you for this great piece of software. It's a very good begining.

I also succeeded in getting this app running on my iMac, but I encounter some issues like Bert (bkmar1192).

Also, when I launch the software again, it seems to work but, when I ask something Siri says something like "Sorry, I did not receive any answer by the system" (translated from French).

When I look at the "Eve" application on my iPhone, all elements are stamped "unreachable".

Please, can you advise about that ?

Regards
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 01:04:30 am by tahitibub »

Offline JuniorJedi

« Reply #293 on: November 15, 2015, 05:59:13 am »
Arrrrggh!

What am I doing wrong?

I have all of my lights working perfectly with Siri. I have a garage door called "Garage Door". I can add the Garage Door accessory to the database using Eve but Eve adds it as a light...is that correct? I suspect not.

My garage door uses the D_DimmableLight1.xml device file...should it? My config.json has Garage Door declared.

If I say "open the garage door" Siri responds that she cannot find any doors.

I'm pretty sure that I am doing something stupid but what?

Offline JuniorJedi

« Reply #294 on: November 16, 2015, 09:54:29 am »
Never mind - Sorted it!

Just needed to delete my persists folder and it seems to have unstuck whatever was sticking!

Offline Timon

« Reply #295 on: November 16, 2015, 12:20:51 pm »
Homekit is very new and I expect things will change over time. Once Apple figures out that people are not going to buy a bunch of WiFi light bulbs to put all over their home and people are not going to replace their existing lighting controls they will open up what the bridge can do.

As far as opening locks I can understand Apple wanting to be very carful so they don't get sued due to a security breach.

Offline gregorito

« Reply #296 on: November 18, 2015, 04:56:35 pm »
@bkmar1192
@tahitibub

Guys, I hear your frustrations. Turns out, even though I was able to figure out how to instal it (and you were able to follow the instructions) I am having the same issue: after a few minutes, it stops responding and I need to reset...
After many more trials, I was able to pinpoint where it fails. I was able to come up with a solution to have this working on my iMac and RPi2. I tested it and it works! It's been working for > 3 days now. So here is my contribution with the updated instructions. Credits to everyone who wrote the code. THANKS!

bkmar1192 and tahitibub, you can skip #1-4 as you already have it working.... but if anyone new, trying to install, needs to follow all steps... it's for complete novices, there are other ways to do it, but I wanted to make it as simple as possible..

5. Open terminal and type 'git clone --recursive https://github.com/Hackworth/VeraHomeKitBridge.git' and press enter
6. Type 'cd VeraHomeKitBridge' and press enter
7. Type 'npm install' and press enter
8. Type: 'cd lib/HAP-NodeJS' and press enter
9. Type "open ." Folder will open and you will see its contents in the Finder. Do not quit terminal
10. Now you must edit 'package.json' file. Do not use Textedit! use something like TextWrangler , you can download from (http://www.barebones.com/products/textwrangler/)
13. If using TextWrangler, open 'package.json' file and navigate to line 7. Now erase the whole line and type: "curve25519": "git://github.com/volschin/node-curve25519" and save. everyhing, including "" must be there, best to just copy from here and paste. Do NOT alter anything else!
14. Go back to terminal, make sure you are still in the right directory (VeraHomeKitBridge/lib/HAP-NodeJS) type 'npm install' and press enter. You will see the names of the packages that were installed at the very end but, curve255519 is will still be missing
15. Type 'npm install curve25519' and it will be installed (for some reason, it won't work without step #13)
16. Type 'cd node_modules' and press enter
17. Type 'open .' and finder window will open
18. Rename the folder 'curve25519-n' to 'curve25519'
18. Go back to Terminal. Change directory back to VeraHomeKitBridge in your home folder (you can type 'cd ..' press enter and then one more time 'cd ..' and press enter and then type 'cd ..' and press enter).
19. Make sure you are in ' VeraHomeKitBridge' folder and type 'open .'. Finder will open this folder
20. Use TextWrangler to open and edit 'config.json', edit line 2 and change Ip address in the "" to your Vera IP address. Do not alter any other symbols!!! Save the file. DO NOT use, TextEdit, it will alter the file and will not run!
21. Go back to Terminal, Make sure you are in ' VeraHomeKitBridge' directory and type 'npm run start' and press enter
22. You should see something like this: "Starting Vera HomeKit Bridge...Create accessory: name of your accessory, TCP server accepting connection on port: 51826, HAP Server is listening
23. Open your iPhone app: I use Elgato Eve but there are others...
24. Click settings, add accessory, chose your accessory, add, add anyway, enter the code manually by typing '031 45 154', you will get a message: 'accessory added'.
25. Repeat step 24 for each accessory you want to add
26. Ask Siri to control an accessory. For example, you can say: "Turn on the Basement Light"

Let me know if you got this working! Enjoy!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 06:54:03 pm by gregorito »

Offline rmadrid20

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #297 on: November 18, 2015, 05:10:39 pm »
What about thermostats and door locks?
I need that if I can't get that I might have to go back to android

Offline Timon

« Reply #298 on: November 19, 2015, 01:52:42 pm »
Not sure you really need home kit since I believe, although I could be wrong, that Apple was going to allow Siri to send commands to non-apple APPs.

Offline tahitibub

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #299 on: November 20, 2015, 03:16:49 pm »
@gregorito

Thank you very much, your solution did the trick on the iMac  : I've been running it for 4 hours without any problem.

(For the beginners, address of the NodeJS site is : https://nodejs.org/en/ )

I'll try to install it in a Docker container. Here is an overview (in French) of this emulation system.

Does anybody has already tried to do it ?

Regards

@bkmar1192
@tahitibub

Guys, I hear your frustrations. Turns out, even though I was able to figure out how to instal it (and you were able to follow the instructions) I am having the same issue: after a few minutes, it stops responding and I need to reset...
After many more trials, I was able to pinpoint where it fails. I was able to come up with a solution to have this working on my iMac and RPi2. I tested it and it works! It's been working for > 3 days now. So here is my contribution with the updated instructions. Credits to everyone who wrote the code. THANKS!

bkmar1192 and tahitibub, you can skip #1-4 as you already have it working.... but if anyone new, trying to install, needs to follow all steps... it's for complete novices, there are other ways to do it, but I wanted to make it as simple as possible..

5. Open terminal and type 'git clone --recursive https://github.com/Hackworth/VeraHomeKitBridge.git' and press enter
6. Type 'cd VeraHomeKitBridge' and press enter
7. Type 'npm install' and press enter
8. Type: 'cd lib/HAP-NodeJS' and press enter
9. Type "open ." Folder will open and you will see its contents in the Finder. Do not quit terminal
10. Now you must edit 'package.json' file. Do not use Textedit! use something like TextWrangler , you can download from (http://www.barebones.com/products/textwrangler/)
13. If using TextWrangler, open 'package.json' file and navigate to line 7. Now erase the whole line and type: "curve25519": "git://github.com/volschin/node-curve25519" and save. everyhing, including "" must be there, best to just copy from here and paste. Do NOT alter anything else!
14. Go back to terminal, make sure you are still in the right directory (VeraHomeKitBridge/lib/HAP-NodeJS) type 'npm install' and press enter. You will see the names of the packages that were installed at the very end but, curve255519 is will still be missing
15. Type 'npm install curve25519' and it will be installed (for some reason, it won't work without step #13)
16. Type 'cd node_modules' and press enter
17. Type 'open .' and finder window will open
18. Rename the folder 'curve25519-n' to 'curve25519'
18. Go back to Terminal. Change directory back to VeraHomeKitBridge in your home folder (you can type 'cd ..' press enter and then one more time 'cd ..' and press enter and then type 'cd ..' and press enter).
19. Make sure you are in ' VeraHomeKitBridge' folder and type 'open .'. Finder will open this folder
20. Use TextWrangler to open and edit 'config.json', edit line 2 and change Ip address in the "" to your Vera IP address. Do not alter any other symbols!!! Save the file. DO NOT use, TextEdit, it will alter the file and will not run!
21. Go back to Terminal, Make sure you are in ' VeraHomeKitBridge' directory and type 'npm run start' and press enter
22. You should see something like this: "Starting Vera HomeKit Bridge...Create accessory: name of your accessory, TCP server accepting connection on port: 51826, HAP Server is listening
23. Open your iPhone app: I use Elgato Eve but there are others...
24. Click settings, add accessory, chose your accessory, add, add anyway, enter the code manually by typing '031 45 154', you will get a message: 'accessory added'.
25. Repeat step 24 for each accessory you want to add
26. Ask Siri to control an accessory. For example, you can say: "Turn on the Basement Light"

Let me know if you got this working! Enjoy!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 03:31:06 pm by tahitibub »