We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: News about HomeKit and Vera  (Read 307627 times)

Offline damianxd

• Sr. Newbie
Re: News about HomeKit and Vera
« Reply #315 on: December 07, 2015, 10:50:40 am »
Forgot to mention--I have several Leviton incandescent dimmer switches sitting around--the kind that go into the wall.  PM me with shipping address if you'd like me to ship you one as my donation to your cause.

--Richard
That would be awesome! I don't have any dimmer lights to test it right now, but if you want I could add an untested version for you to try for now.

Offline Hackworth

« Reply #316 on: December 07, 2015, 09:43:06 pm »
Rather large update on https://github.com/Hackworth/VeraHomeKitBridge

Follow the update instructions, shouldn't have any more weirdness adding devices, it will report back the correct on/off dimmable states, thanks to Adrum for the Pull Requests.

@damianxd Wut. Seriously?

@wezzix I think you're right about that. I don't have a window covering, though, so it would be hard for me to implement this for you.

Offline damianxd

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #317 on: December 08, 2015, 03:11:24 am »
:O I didn't know someone else was working on this beside Albeebe and me, but that code on your github looks exactly like Albeebe's so I'm assuming you are him.

Thanks for starting this, but since there were not so many updates on your code, I did my own version, but without using any of your original work to respect your license. Mine does things a little different and should be easier to install, upgrade and add new future devices, so it can be more of a long term solution.

If you want, I could give you access to my git and we could work together on this.

Offline damianxd

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #318 on: December 08, 2015, 05:22:42 am »
@rlmalisz The dimmer light test is live now, to try it, please do a git pull and change your config file like this:
module.exports = {
    veraIP:  '10.0.1.5',
    happort: 6200,
    cardinality: 0, //Add +1 to this in case you find any trouble while adding your device, all the other devices will have to be re-added too
    bridged: true, //Set to false to use single server for each device instead of one for each room
    includesensor: true, //Include temp sensors on the devices list
    pincode: '031-45-154', //Keep the format ###-##-### and use complex numbers, eg 111-11-111 or 123-45-678 are invalid
    dimmertest: true, //Set this to true to test test a dimmer device
    mainHNpath: './node_modules/hap-nodejs' // Do not edit unless you know what you're doing
};

The status is now working for all the devices :) It took me a while to get what was wrong and why I didn't catch the callback, but now it's fine. It does a pull of the status of all the devices upon start and then it check each one individually on each request from iOS.

For the future of this project, I would like to make more accessories to work, so if anyone has something you want to be working with this, feel free to tell me. It even doesn't need to be a Vera related device, it can be for instance the Phillips Hue lights, Nest, shades rollers or anything you like. You just need to test it for me.

@Hackworth: I just realized that you were working to fix all the issues on Albeebe first release, sorry to disturb you with my version. I truly didn't know, but I hope you can give a look to my code and check how it is.

https://github.com/damianxd/VeraLink
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 05:27:46 am by damianxd »

Offline Hackworth

« Reply #319 on: December 08, 2015, 09:22:47 am »
@damianxd No. I'm not. And it's Apache licensed. The community doesn't need two of these, it needs one rock solid one which means it needs every nodejs developer interested to help out, not fracture and solicit for donations. Go away.

Offline damianxd

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #320 on: December 08, 2015, 11:14:53 am »
Go away? is that your answer for this?. I mean, you first talk about a rock solid one and instead you throw me away?. I was asking for donations to truly get a dimmer, but since rlmalisz offered to test the dimmer itself, I took that instead.

I bet you didn't even saw my code, but instead you just attacked me. I've been working on this since May this year and you can check it because I did a reply on the second page of this post. I may have been working on this alone, but that doesn't mean it is poorly written, it even uses the latest version of HAP-NodeJS and Tian Zhang allowed me to make my own implementation with it (he added the license today).

I will keep pushing updates and releasing what I think it's better, the community can decide whether or not to keep my own version or yours, but it is my own decision so go away yourself.

Offline Hackworth

« Reply #321 on: December 08, 2015, 11:25:23 am »
Okay, I will. I don't have the patience or time for a self-righteous blowhard on the interweb. I, you know, like it when my home automation automates, saving me time.

Offline damianxd

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #322 on: December 08, 2015, 01:03:45 pm »
Okay, I will. I don't have the patience or time for a self-righteous blowhard on the interweb. I, you know, like it when my home automation automates, saving me time.
In that, we can agree on.

Offline Hackworth

« Reply #323 on: December 08, 2015, 03:22:22 pm »
If anyone else feels like re-implementing this, I would strongly encourage you to do it as a https://github.com/nfarina/homebridge plugin. In fact, if you do send me a PM and I'd be happy to help out.

For the rest of you, feel free to check out some of the homebridge plugins, you don't need damianxd to add non-Vera related devices https://www.npmjs.com/browse/keyword/homebridge-plugin

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
  • HA ≠ IoT as a blue sky is cloudless.
« Reply #324 on: December 08, 2015, 07:08:40 pm »
If anyone else feels like re-implementing this, I would strongly encourage you to do it as a https://github.com/nfarina/homebridge plugin. In fact, if you do send me a PM and I'd be happy to help out.

For the rest of you, feel free to check out some of the homebridge plugins, you don't need damianxd to add non-Vera related devices https://www.npmjs.com/browse/keyword/homebridge-plugin

I have been looking at home bridge. It does need a vera plugin though so in the meantime your bridge works.
openLuup (79 devices, 141 scenes, 19 apps) master to VeraPlus (142 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 221 devices,  20 scenes , 2 apps) +  Hubitat (15 Zigbee nodes) + Home-Assistant (API Integrations). Bridged to Siri and Alexa. Homewave. VeraPlus ExtRooted and mios server independent.

Offline damianxd

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #325 on: December 08, 2015, 08:44:18 pm »

That's actually a great idea! I didn't know how many plugins are already out for homebrige right now. What do you say if instead of an internet fight, we do this plugin and release it as one GIT?

Offline Hackworth

« Reply #326 on: December 09, 2015, 09:06:59 am »
Yes of course  ;D Would you like to take the lead on getting it started? I have a horrific work schedule this month, but I think I can squeeze in some pull requests.

Offline wezzix

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #327 on: December 09, 2015, 11:52:49 am »
How do I upgrade to the latest release?
I'm running Hackworth on OS X which I installed a month back or so, but the repo has changed since then.
I tried
Code: [Select]
git pull
npm install
in the same directory. I get this message:

Error: Cannot find module './lib/HAP-NodeJS/lib/Accessory.js'

I then tried:
Code: [Select]
cd lib/HAP-NodeJS
npm install
- curve25519-n@1.1.0 node_modules/curve25519

But the error is still there.
How do you do this properly?
Thanks,

Offline Hackworth

« Reply #328 on: December 09, 2015, 12:02:30 pm »
Have you tried following the instructions in the readme? https://github.com/Hackworth/VeraHomeKitBridge

Offline wezzix

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #329 on: December 09, 2015, 01:00:44 pm »
No. I see, since I didn't upgrade iOS, I didn't think it applied ("Periodic updates of HAP-NodeJS are required for new versions of iOS"). Will give it a try. I'm sure it will work. It's a pity you have to re add all the devices, it's about 30-60 minutes of work getting all that right.
Thanks for the info, and great work btw!