We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: News about HomeKit and Vera  (Read 307296 times)

Offline Hackworth

Re: News about HomeKit and Vera
« Reply #330 on: December 09, 2015, 01:26:54 pm »
Ah, gotcha! I'm sorry my wording was confusing. Realistically you don't have to reset HomeKit for *every* upgrade of HAP-NodeJS, but in this particular instance you will. One of the reasons I'd rather this be a homebridge plugin, we can just worry about the Vera side of the integration and not have to worry about HomeKit itself. Thanks!

Offline damianxd

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #331 on: December 09, 2015, 04:18:02 pm »
Yes of course  ;D Would you like to take the lead on getting it started? I have a horrific work schedule this month, but I think I can squeeze in some pull requests.
I'm out for a wedding this week, but I'll start on monday next week :)

Offline Hackworth

« Reply #332 on: December 09, 2015, 09:01:15 pm »
I updated my bridge to act as an actual bridge, so you can add one device and it imports everything rather than having to add each individual device, which sucks. Bonus, those random times HomeKit devices to choke on adding a device forcing you to do an entire reset should be eliminated. Follow the full update instructions, including deleting the persist folder and resetting homekit. https://github.com/Hackworth/VeraHomeKitBridge

Offline JuniorJedi

« Reply #333 on: December 10, 2015, 05:18:26 am »
I updated my bridge to act as an actual bridge, so you can add one device and it imports everything rather than having to add each individual device, which sucks. Bonus, those random times HomeKit devices to choke on adding a device forcing you to do an entire reset should be eliminated. Follow the full update instructions, including deleting the persist folder and resetting homekit. https://github.com/Hackworth/VeraHomeKitBridge

Hackworth, that is brilliant. Just installed and this last update takes all of the pain away. Very impressive. Thanks man.

Offline Hackworth

« Reply #334 on: December 10, 2015, 09:10:48 am »
@JuniorJedi Thank you! Glad it's working!  ;D

Offline rlmalisz

« Reply #335 on: December 10, 2015, 09:21:27 am »

I am probably doing something dumb.  The bridge starts fine and enumerates a boatload of devices (we have many).  Eve finds the bridge, but nothing else.  The little "searching" icon just keeps twirling.  Attempting to pair the bridge itself fails.

I haven't installed the garage door plugin, so I emptied the array of garage door names for now.  But did not delete it.  No sure this should matter, but thought I'd mention it.  I don't see anything troubling in the output of the bridge, nor does it crash.  I just can't get Eve on board with it.

Hints?

--Richard

Offline Hackworth

« Reply #336 on: December 10, 2015, 09:47:28 am »
Yeah, the garage doors shouldn't mater. I would try resetting everything, stop the bridge, delete the persist folder, reset HomeKit on your iOS device, restart your device, then start the bridge, start Eve and try to pair with the bridge.

Offline PeterAquino

« Reply #337 on: December 10, 2015, 12:16:53 pm »
@Hackworth - great job on the updates sir!

Prior to the recent update, I was attempting to install on an RPi2 and had some issues (as detailed in one of my previous posts).  For this update, I first downgraded Node to v0.12.9 (from v4.2.1) then performed a clean installation of the bridge via the instructions at https://github.com/Hackworth/VeraHomeKitBridge and had NO issues at all.

Offline Hackworth

« Reply #338 on: December 10, 2015, 12:22:09 pm »
@PeterAquino - Thank you! That's very encouraging to hear! I really need to pull out my Pi and install it there so I can have rock-solid instructions...

@damianxd I gave you push access to my repo  ;)

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
  • HA ≠ IoT as a blue sky is cloudless.
« Reply #339 on: December 10, 2015, 01:53:13 pm »
Just FYI, I am running it on NodeJS 5.1.1 so the downgrade is not mandatory. It just needs to be rebuilt (issue the command "npm rebuild") after NodeJS is upgraded.
openLuup (79 devices, 141 scenes, 19 apps) master to VeraPlus (142 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 221 devices,  20 scenes , 2 apps) +  Hubitat (15 Zigbee nodes) + Home-Assistant (API Integrations). Bridged to Siri and Alexa. Homewave. VeraPlus ExtRooted and mios server independent.

Offline Hackworth

« Reply #340 on: December 10, 2015, 02:17:28 pm »
@anhman - Yep. You're right, I just updated my install/update instructions. For those of you who want to update nodejs to 5.x, run
Code: [Select]
npm update under the root of VeraHomeKitBridge and the lib/HAP-NodeJS folders.

Offline rlmalisz

« Reply #341 on: December 10, 2015, 09:47:58 pm »
Yeah, the garage doors shouldn't mater. I would try resetting everything, stop the bridge, delete the persist folder, reset HomeKit on your iOS device, restart your device, then start the bridge, start Eve and try to pair with the bridge.

No luck.  I still get "Adding Failed Could not connect to accessory".

What's a bit weird is I was (previously) able to get Damian's devices to load and pair.

Should the bridge be producing any chatter on failed connect/pair attempts?  Is there a way to crank up debug chatter?

--Richard

Offline Hackworth

« Reply #342 on: December 10, 2015, 09:55:12 pm »
How annoying.

DEBUG=* npm run start

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
  • HA ≠ IoT as a blue sky is cloudless.
« Reply #343 on: December 11, 2015, 03:22:16 pm »
Hackworth, I found a problem if the lock.

It is recognized as a lock correctly in the homekit management apps but somehow the commands it responds to are all power switch:
Eve even uses a power switch logo for it even though the information says it is a lock... it is calling out the correct accessory .js file it seems.

It wasn't bothering me until I found out that the logic has been reversed compared to what it was before: turn on now locks and turn off unlocks.
Is there anyway to make homekit recognize it as an actual door lock just like the garage door?
I will be looking at the lock.js on github.
openLuup (79 devices, 141 scenes, 19 apps) master to VeraPlus (142 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 221 devices,  20 scenes , 2 apps) +  Hubitat (15 Zigbee nodes) + Home-Assistant (API Integrations). Bridged to Siri and Alexa. Homewave. VeraPlus ExtRooted and mios server independent.

Offline Hackworth

« Reply #344 on: December 11, 2015, 04:05:26 pm »
@anhman - Are you saying this used to work correctly and now doesn't? Adrum made some changes to the lock accessory file, I can take a look at the changes but I don't have any locks myself.