We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: News about HomeKit and Vera  (Read 307430 times)

Offline damianxd

• Sr. Newbie
Re: News about HomeKit and Vera
« Reply #450 on: January 16, 2016, 08:57:48 am »
After installing on windows and been able to find all the config correctly, I'm now trying to install homebridge-vera on a Ubuntu 14 linux box but I'm stuck at the same place I was with windows but this time everything I did to fix the ip not found on windows does not fix my issue on Ubuntu

here is the message

"Loaded config.json with 0 accessories and 1 platforms.
---
Loading 1 platforms...
[Vera] Initializing Vera platform...

/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge-vera/index.js:27
    this.verainfo = this.functions.getVeraInfo(Veraconfig.veraIP);
                                                         ^
TypeError: Cannot read property 'veraIP' of undefined

"

I did copy the config.js file both in /home/ubuntu/.veralink and the installation DIR "/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge-vera" , and also copied the config.json file in /home/ubuntu/.homebridge drirectory and "/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge" but I always have the same "veraIP undefined message.

Here are my 2 config files:

config.js

module.exports = {
    veraIP:  "192.168.1.215",
    happort: 6200,
    dimmertest: true,
    cardinality: 0,
    bridged: true,
    includesensor: false,
    pincode: "031-45-155",
    mainHNpath: "./node_modules/hap-nodejs"

config.js
{
  "bridge": {
    "name": "HomeBridge",
    "username": "CC:22:3D:E3:CE:30",
    "port": 51826,
    "pin": "031-45-155",
    "veraIP": "192.168.1.215"
  },
  "platforms": [
    {
      "platform": "Vera",
      "name": "Vera"
    }
  ]
}

Can anyone give me a hand at this ?

There is a new version of homebridge-vera, please update the module and then change your homebridge/config.json file with this config:

Code: [Select]
{
"name": "Homebridge",
"pin": "987-65-432",
"username": "CC:22:3D:E3:CE:30"
},
"platforms": [{
            "platform" : "Vera",
            "name" : "Vera",
            "veraIP" : "10.0.1.5",
            "includesensor" : false,
            "dimmertest" : false
        }]
}

Offline goldriver

« Reply #451 on: January 16, 2016, 10:02:07 am »
After installing on windows and been able to find all the config correctly, I'm now trying to install homebridge-vera on a Ubuntu 14 linux box but I'm stuck at the same place I was with windows but this time everything I did to fix the ip not found on windows does not fix my issue on Ubuntu

here is the message

"Loaded config.json with 0 accessories and 1 platforms.
---
Loading 1 platforms...
[Vera] Initializing Vera platform...

/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge-vera/index.js:27
    this.verainfo = this.functions.getVeraInfo(Veraconfig.veraIP);
                                                         ^
TypeError: Cannot read property 'veraIP' of undefined

"

I did copy the config.js file both in /home/ubuntu/.veralink and the installation DIR "/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge-vera" , and also copied the config.json file in /home/ubuntu/.homebridge drirectory and "/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge" but I always have the same "veraIP undefined message.

Here are my 2 config files:

config.js

module.exports = {
    veraIP:  "192.168.1.215",
    happort: 6200,
    dimmertest: true,
    cardinality: 0,
    bridged: true,
    includesensor: false,
    pincode: "031-45-155",
    mainHNpath: "./node_modules/hap-nodejs"

config.js
{
    "name": "HomeBridge",
    "username": "CC:22:3D:E3:CE:30",
    "port": 51826,
    "pin": "031-45-155",
    "veraIP": "192.168.1.215"
  },
  "platforms": [
    {
      "platform": "Vera",
      "name": "Vera"
    }
  ]
}

Can anyone give me a hand at this ?

There is a new version of homebridge-vera, please update the module and then change your homebridge/config.json file with this config:

Code: [Select]
{
"name": "Homebridge",
"pin": "987-65-432",
"username": "CC:22:3D:E3:CE:30"
},
"platforms": [{
            "platform" : "Vera",
            "name" : "Vera",
            "veraIP" : "10.0.1.5",
            "includesensor" : false,
            "dimmertest" : false
        }]
}

Thanks for the change, will this release work with the 0.2.15 engine of HomeBridge or we need to keep the 0.2.13 ?

Offline spoonula

« Reply #452 on: January 16, 2016, 11:13:43 am »
I just got homebridge running on my Raspberry Pi B+ and some but not all of my devices showed up in my homekit app. The ones that did show up I was able to control, but I'm wondering why most of my power on/off devices are not showing up. I am also wondering why now my devices are unreachable. They worked at first, but now they are unreachable and I cannot control anything. Homebridge is still running on the pi.

Offline goldriver

« Reply #453 on: January 16, 2016, 04:22:36 pm »
Thanks damianxd the modification you did is working BUT I still have an issue, once I've run homebridge once, whenever I stop it and try to restart it I always have the "TypeError: Cannot set property 'veraIP' of undefined ...", the only way to restart homebridge is to remove the directory /home/ubuntu/.veralink.

Once /home/ubuntu/.veralink removed the homebridge can now start without the veraIP missing error, would anyone have any clue to help me fix my problem ?

thanks

Offline Richardb

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #454 on: January 18, 2016, 11:46:28 pm »
What's the store on thermostats. HVAC?
Is anyone working on an accessory for it?

Offline weissertigerxl

« Reply #455 on: January 21, 2016, 05:07:58 am »
Hi all,

I was exiting reading this thread.

Would it be possible to run on QNAP NAS 419+ with ARM chipset?

What would be necessary to be done?

Thanks in advance.

Offline bigeazy000

« Reply #456 on: January 23, 2016, 09:42:47 pm »
Hello All,

First, thanks for everyone that has worked on this, it is very cool! I have homebridge and homebridge-vera running on OS X and it is very stable. One question I have: Is there a way to exclude certain devices in the config.json file? I have a zwave switch that I would like to exclude, as it is a power monitoring switch that monitors the power to my network rack. So, when I tell Siri "all lights off" my network goes down with it. I know there is another project out there called homebridge-veralite, and that one seems to support device exclusion. Is there a way to do it in homebridge-vera?

Thanks!

Offline JuniorJedi

« Reply #457 on: January 27, 2016, 03:57:51 pm »
@hackworth, If I add a new device to Vera do I need to blow away my persist folder and reset home kit on my iOS devices? I imagine this is the case and this is what I have been doing in the past but I am just hoping there is a better way.

Please chime in anyone if you know the answer  :)

Cheers.

Offline torpex77

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #458 on: January 28, 2016, 10:05:26 am »
Hello All,

First, thanks for everyone that has worked on this, it is very cool! I have homebridge and homebridge-vera running on OS X and it is very stable. One question I have: Is there a way to exclude certain devices in the config.json file? I have a zwave switch that I would like to exclude, as it is a power monitoring switch that monitors the power to my network rack. So, when I tell Siri "all lights off" my network goes down with it. I know there is another project out there called homebridge-veralite, and that one seems to support device exclusion. Is there a way to do it in homebridge-vera?

Thanks!

I hope this is possible, as I would like to do the same thing - not expose all of my devices to HomeKit.  Mostly to avoid cluttering things up.  I only have a few things - lights mainly - that I want to have Siri deal with.

Thanks,

Doug

Offline hellovn

« Reply #459 on: January 28, 2016, 11:26:26 am »
Anyone has been successfully using Siri over LTE? I am using VeraHomekitBridge under Mac OS X El Capitan and it is working great in LAN but not in LTE. I tried to logging in and logging out my iCloud in myphone and apple tv. I did not set the two step verifications too.

Offline JuniorJedi

« Reply #460 on: January 28, 2016, 11:39:05 am »
@hellovn Some of us are successful with using home kit externally but not all, and there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why this is the case. All I can suggest is that from personal experience...it just started working one day.

Also, even now while it is working Siri often tells me it could not find my devices, yet I know the command went through and was processed by Vera. For example I was demoing my kettle to someone at work...told Siri to boil it. She embarrassed me but a few minutes later I got a push notification that the kettle was boiled.

Offline goldriver

« Reply #461 on: January 28, 2016, 03:46:24 pm »
@hellovn Some of us are successful with using home kit externally but not all, and there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why this is the case. All I can suggest is that from personal experience...it just started working one day.

Also, even now while it is working Siri often tells me it could not find my devices, yet I know the command went through and was processed by Vera. For example I was demoing my kettle to someone at work...told Siri to boil it. She embarrassed me but a few minutes later I got a push notification that the kettle was boiled.

?m quitte surprisd that some peoples are able to get it to work since the connection from Siri to Vera is through a third party app running on the iPhone !!! This means that the app used can be configured manually to connect through WAN to Vera !!

If so could someone who has been able to get it to work can tell me what HomeKit app they are using

Offline JuniorJedi

« Reply #462 on: January 28, 2016, 04:03:06 pm »
If so could someone who has been able to get it to work can tell me what HomeKit app they are using

Sure @goldriver I'm using Eve by Elgato but I don't believe the app has anything to do with it as the app (any app) is just a means of accessing the Homekit database which exists, if I'm not mistaken in my iCloud account and is replicated to any guest users iOS iCloud accounts and subsequently to their device(s) . Incidentally I have an iPad in the kitchen that has no Homekit app installed and never has - I invited it's iCloud email to use Homekit and it can control my devices.

Offline trouty00

« Reply #463 on: January 31, 2016, 08:33:48 am »
I'm a little confused by the different versions out there. was using Hackworth version but noticed it didnt seem to pick up all my scenes when launched - even though they all show in the app. is there a limitation for number of devices/scenes?

which version is the best one to be using at the moment?

Ta
Stu
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 10:43:06 am by trouty00 »

Offline trouty00

« Reply #464 on: January 31, 2016, 12:25:01 pm »
ok so the above not strictly true

what is really odd is that it doesn't seem to like some scene names. I have a "bedtime" scene but just always gave me the error it couldn't find the device - change the scene name to "nighttime" and it works absolutely fine.

also doesn't like alarm on/off scenes but that just because it think im talking about iphone alarm. i can work around that as that makes sense,