We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: News about HomeKit and Vera  (Read 307616 times)

Offline tahitibub

• Sr. Newbie
Re: News about HomeKit and Vera
« Reply #465 on: February 01, 2016, 09:42:03 am »
Hi,

I installed Vera HomeKitBridge using Docker on a Synology NAS, as explained by acn here (thanks to him for that).

FYI, to find "tutum/debian:wheezy" image, you have to search only "tutum/debian", and after you select it, you will have to choose which version you want (wheezy, squeeze, jessie or latest).

Here is the content of my 'config.json' file (VeraIP has been changed to X.X.X.X) :

Code: [Select]
{
  "VeraIP": "X.X.X.X",
  "PIN": "031-45-154",
  "GarageDoors":[
    "Garage Door",
    "Second Garage Door"
  ]
}

After launching Avahi server, I launch HomeKitBridge in DEBUG mode using these commands :

cd /home/VeraHomeKitBridge
DEBUG=* node app.js

Then I get this :

Code: [Select]
*** WARNING *** The program 'node' uses the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.
*** WARNING *** Please fix your application to use the native API of Avahi!
*** WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=node>
*** WARNING *** The program 'node' called 'DNSServiceRegister()' which is not supported (or only supported partially) in the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.
*** WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=node&f=DNSServiceRegister>
Starting Vera HomeKit Bridge...
Create accessory: Appliance Module
  EventedHTTPServer Server listening on port 51826 +0ms

The problem is that I should normally get something like "TCP server accepting connection on port: XXXXX / HAP Server is listening" with each accessory created, but there is nothing like that.

Who can tell me why Vera HomeKit Bridge stays stucked on "EventedHTTPServer Server listening on port 51826 +0ms" ?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 04:46:10 am by tahitibub »

Offline tahitibub

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #466 on: February 03, 2016, 05:15:35 am »
@acn :

I thank you very much for your previous tutorial explaining how to run "HomeKit bridge to Vera" on a Synology DS  using a Docker virtual image.

A quick presentation of Docker is available here in French.

However, as I said just above, I didn't manage to make HomeBridge work using this tuto.

Did we have to add something in the Syno's firewall ?

Could you try to reinstall HomeBridge using currently available files (tutum/debian:jessie, Node v5.5.0), and post the tuto here ?

Could you use Nick Farina's version of HomeBridge, which seems more up-to-date ?

Regards
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 06:21:08 pm by tahitibub »

Offline PrBreezy

« Reply #467 on: February 04, 2016, 11:10:17 am »
Hi Guys

I follow all steps twice.. and I still can't get it...

I stuck in this part :
http://s11.postimg.org/dxl1urb9f/Capture.png
+ Attachments and other options

Offline tahitibub

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #468 on: February 04, 2016, 09:05:38 pm »
Hi,

I created a new thread about Installing HomeBridge (HomeKit bridge to Vera) on Docker Synology.

It's available here.

Regards.

Offline ericstuberg

« Reply #469 on: February 16, 2016, 12:34:49 am »
So this had been working pretty well.  The SSD on the Ubuntu NUC that had been running this (and a lot of other stuff) died two days back, and I've just gotten it all pretty much reassembled.

Eve pairs the bridge fine.  I can use Eve to actuate devices.  But now Siri says something akin to "Sorry Richard, I couldn't find any devices"...sometimes with "at this time" tacked on at the end.

I'll futz with it some more as time permits, but was curious if anyone had seen this behavior?

--Richard

Richard, Did you find out what was going on here? I am having the same exact issue. Homebridge runs on my RP2 and generates a bunch of devices. when I go to add them to homekit and put in my pin (tried multiple formats), the Pin is correct, but i continue to get the "adding failed- could not connect to accessory" message

I read somewhere that this may have a 100 device "per platform" limit... I have a ton of devices, as my entire house is set up. Any light shed on this issue or a workaround would be appreciated...

Offline hummer5

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #470 on: February 16, 2016, 03:30:45 am »
Hi all,

I have a rasp Pi which I am using to integrate vera with Amazon echo. Is it possible to run the Siri homekit at the same time as the folder seems to share the same names.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hummer5

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #471 on: February 16, 2016, 07:15:31 am »
Hi all,

I am having issues constantly and no matter what file i try,  I keep getting the same kind of error. One example is below. Please advise

New User@Waheguru MINGW64 /f/Download/homekit
$ npm run start

> VeraHomeKitBridge@0.0.0 start F:\Download\homekit
> node app.js

Starting Vera HomeKit Bridge...

F:\Download\homekit\lib\HAP-NodeJS\node_modules\mdns\lib\dns_sd.js:35
    throw ex;
          ^
Error: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
F:\Download\homekit\lib\HAP-NodeJS\node_modules\mdns\build\Release\dns_sd_bindings.node
    at Module.load (module.js:356:32)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:312:12)
    at Module.require (module.js:364:17)
    at require (module.js:380:17)
    at Object.<anonymous> (F:\Download\homekit\lib\HAP-NodeJS\node_modules\mdns\lib\dns_sd.js:24:20)
    at Module._compile (module.js:456:26)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:474:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:356:32)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:312:12)
    at Module.require (module.js:364:17)
    at require (module.js:380:17)
    at Object.<anonymous> (F:\Download\homekit\lib\HAP-NodeJS\node_modules\mdns\lib\mdns.js:1:77)

npm ERR! VeraHomeKitBridge@0.0.0 start: `node app.js`
npm ERR! Exit status 8
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the VeraHomeKitBridge@0.0.0 start script.
npm ERR! This is most likely a problem with the VeraHomeKitBridge package,
npm ERR! not with npm itself.
npm ERR! Tell the author that this fails on your system:
npm ERR!     node app.js
npm ERR! You can get their info via:
npm ERR!     npm owner ls VeraHomeKitBridge
npm ERR! There is likely additional logging output above.
npm ERR! System Windows_NT 6.2.9200
npm ERR! command "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\nodejs\\node.exe" "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\nodejs\\node_modules\\npm\\bin\\npm-cli.js" "run" "start"
npm ERR! cwd F:\Download\homekit
npm ERR! node -v v0.10.33
npm ERR! npm -v 1.4.28
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm

Offline m.vdberg

« Reply #472 on: February 19, 2016, 02:28:37 pm »
Hi,

I tried to in stall homebridge with veralink for days now.

Does any one have a dececnt manual to install this from scratch on a raspi b2?

Offline damianxd

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #473 on: February 22, 2016, 04:22:51 pm »
Hi,

I tried to in stall homebridge with veralink for days now.

Does any one have a dececnt manual to install this from scratch on a raspi b2?
There was a problem with the NPM version of homebridge-vera, it should be fixed now.

Offline damianxd

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #474 on: February 22, 2016, 04:25:47 pm »
Anyone has been successfully using Siri over LTE? I am using VeraHomekitBridge under Mac OS X El Capitan and it is working great in LAN but not in LTE. I tried to logging in and logging out my iCloud in myphone and apple tv. I did not set the two step verifications too.
Apple's security doesn't allow any type of Homekit interaction from outside the Wifi network of the place where the devices are.

Offline simonclark

« Reply #475 on: February 22, 2016, 04:48:46 pm »
If you set up a vpn into your router you can do it. I don't have apple TV but with vpn I can ask Siri to do things when on lte/4g.

Offline ando1

« Reply #476 on: February 24, 2016, 09:36:56 pm »
I just want to say thank you to Hackworth for the great work and help he has provided everyone. I was able to successfully install and configure HomeKitBridge and Eve and now I can control all my lights with my Apple Watch!

Thanks!!
Andy

Offline hummer5

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #477 on: February 25, 2016, 04:10:26 am »
Hi all,

can some one please tell me how to fix this error. I have tried everything but i am having hard time setting my raspberry pi up with this.

*** WARNING *** The program 'node' uses the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.
*** WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=node>
*** WARNING *** The program 'node' called 'DNSServiceRegister()' which is not supported (or only supported partially) in the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.
*** WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=node&f=DNSServiceRegister>

Thanks in advance.

Offline ando1

« Reply #478 on: February 25, 2016, 06:36:16 am »
Hi all,

can some one please tell me how to fix this error. I have tried everything but i am having hard time setting my raspberry pi up with this.

Thanks in advance.

@hummer5
It looks like the warnings can be ignored. I found this on nfarina's Github page for home bridge:

Link: https://github.com/nfarina/homebridge

Errors on startup

The following errors are experienced when starting Homebridge and can be safely ignored. The cost of removing the issue at the core of the errors isn't worth the effort.

*** WARNING *** The program 'nodejs' uses the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi
*** WARNING *** For more information see http://0pointerde/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=nodejs
*** WARNING *** The program 'nodejs' called 'DNSServiceRegister()' which is not supported (or only supported partially) in the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi
*** WARNING *** For more information see http://0pointerde/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=nodejs&f=DNSServiceRegister

Offline weissertigerxl

« Reply #479 on: February 25, 2016, 08:18:00 am »
Hi,

is there any know thread for runninng homekit at QNAP ARM instead of synlogy?