We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: News about HomeKit and Vera  (Read 307423 times)

Offline hummer5

• Sr. Newbie
change port
« Reply #480 on: February 28, 2016, 10:02:28 pm »
Hi Guys,

Is it possible for me to change the port.
I am trying to run the setup on raspberry pi and keep getting error

Error: listen EADDRINUSE :::54826.

Is it possible for me to change the port. I can see the verabridge on the iphone but as soon as i click to add i get this error on winscp and verabridge disappears from the app.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Timon

Re: News about HomeKit and Vera
« Reply #481 on: February 29, 2016, 10:14:47 am »
I was just reading about the new Raspberry Pi 3 which has both builtin WiFi and Bluetooth. Wonder if the Pi running the HomeKit interface could just talk to the Pi using either WiFi or Bluetooth.

Offline JuniorJedi

« Reply #482 on: February 29, 2016, 02:18:35 pm »
If you set up a vpn into your router you can do it. I don't have apple TV but with vpn I can ask Siri to do things when on lte/4g.

I don't understand why people need to use VPN to use HomeKit, I use HomeKit when I am away from home on 3G / 4G / Wifi - it is routed through my AppleTV as per the Apple specification. I have used it remotely with ATV3 and now with ATV4 as per http://www.howtogeek.com/234180/how-to-enable-remote-access-to-your-homekit-smart-home-via-apple-tv/

@damianxd (whom I have a lot of respect for on this forum) said "Apple's security doesn't allow any type of Homekit interaction from outside the Wifi network of the place where the devices are.: but I find this not to be the case.

Am I missing the point here? I will post a video of remote access to HomeKit if anyone would like to see it functioning.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 04:05:27 am by JuniorJedi »

Offline sebby

« Reply #483 on: February 29, 2016, 10:08:40 pm »
Can someone point me in the right direction to get homekit to see the scenes in the Vera?  I have the homebridge installed and talking to a couple of devices, but i cannot figure a way for it to recognize the scenes in vera.  i tried modifying the config.json with a scenes section:

Code: [Select]
{
"bridge": {
"name": "Homebridge",
"pin": "987-65-432",
"username": "CC:22:3D:E3:CE:30"
},
"scenes": [{
"active": 0,
"name": "Welcome Home Ida",
"id": 9,
"room": 3
}, {
"active": 0,
"name": "Welcome Home Sebastian",
"id": 8,
"room": 3
}],
"platforms": [{
"platform": "Vera",
"name": "Vera",
"veraIP": "10.10.10.15",
"includesensor": false,
"securitypoll": 2000,
"dimmertest": false
}]
}

i've also tried adding a "loadscenes" variable i found in a forum elsewhere to include scenes:

Code: [Select]
"platforms": [{
"platform": "Vera",
"name": "Vera",
"veraIP": "10.10.10.15",
"includesensor": false,
"securitypoll": 2000,
"dimmertest": false,
"loadscenes": 1,
}]

none of these have worked. 

Offline ando1

« Reply #484 on: March 01, 2016, 05:57:24 am »
I would like to know this as well. I use EVE and it can see the scenes but cannot run them. Whenever I click the switch for a scene nothing happens.

Thanks,
Andy

Offline ando1

« Reply #485 on: March 04, 2016, 04:04:13 pm »
Sorry to ask again but I have been trying to run a scene with no success. I am using Hackworth's HomeKitBridge implementation and everything is working as expected. I can see all devices and scenes in EVE and can control them all from the app (including scenes). The problem is that when I go go run a scene using Siri she tells me that she couldn't get a response from any of my devices. I can successfully use Siri to turn off lights though. Has anyone else run into this problem of not being able to get scenes to run?

Thanks,
Andy

Update: I was able to figure this out and now scenes are working!. For anyone that is having the same problem, I had to create scenes using the EVE app and then add the detected scene as an action. The only caveat is that the new scene name has to be different than the detected scene. After doing this, all scenes are executed by using Siri on my Apple Watch or iPhone!

Andy
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 04:47:03 pm by ando1 »

Offline JuniorJedi

« Reply #486 on: March 15, 2016, 05:05:53 pm »
Ooh! Elgato Eve now has geolocation built in.

deejc

« Reply #487 on: March 24, 2016, 04:24:21 am »
I am getting very very slow updates and crashing after about an hour on the new veraplus, has anyone else used a rpi and Veraplus successfully ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deejc

« Reply #488 on: March 30, 2016, 03:24:44 pm »
i reinstalled raspian and started from scratch using @hackworth version and its all good.
all devices, all scenes, working great, it auto starts on boot using pm2 from here
http://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=6864&start=200#p51609

just need to work on why it wont control over my atv4 but thats for another time, probably need to log out of icloud but i will lose all my contacts, photos, all that stuff and it takes ages to reload it all, so its a weekend job....

nice job @hackworth and everyone who posted tips / tricks etc

ps: might want to break out the different versions into their own threads and deal with the install / running issues on a per version basis, i read 32 pages of this thread to work out which version did what etc...

deejc

« Reply #489 on: March 30, 2016, 03:35:26 pm »
just need to work on why it wont control over my atv4 but thats for another time, probably need to log out of icloud but i will lose all my contacts, photos, all that stuff and it takes ages to reload it all, so its a weekend job....

actually i just checked my atv4 was logged in with the same icloud account (which is wasnt), changed to the same account and now its all working, followed the instructions from here:
http://www.howtogeek.com/234180/how-to-enable-remote-access-to-your-homekit-smart-home-via-apple-tv/

Offline ando1

« Reply #490 on: April 01, 2016, 11:41:14 am »
I am hoping someone can help me here. I am having some issues getting Siri and Homekitbridge to operate my garage doors. I suspect it has something to do with the garage doors are controlled by my Ademco alarm which has an EVL3 connected to it so Vera can communicate with it. Vera sees the relays that the garage doors are connected to and I can control them using scenes in Vera,Homewave and EVE. The issue is that I cannot tell Siri to operate the doors. Does anyone have any suggestions to make this work?

TIA,

Andy

deejc

« Reply #491 on: April 01, 2016, 12:34:14 pm »
siri is very particular about how you phrase the open / close, if they show up in eve then siri should be able to operate them its just a question of maybe trying different ways to get them to respond to voice.

Offline ando1

« Reply #492 on: April 01, 2016, 12:52:21 pm »
Thanks deejc,

I think that is the problem, the garage door devices do not show up in homekitbridge or EVE. The scenes do which is why I can control them with EVE but not Siri. I just looked at the device file from my vera and it shows the garage doors are in fact child devices of the envisalink:

Offline ando1

« Reply #493 on: April 01, 2016, 04:00:14 pm »
I think I may have solved this by installing the garage door plugin from the vera app store. I  used the devices created to control the relay for each door and it homekitbridge sees the device as a door lock. Will keep monitoring to see if it breaks.

Andy

Offline CelticWebs

« Reply #494 on: April 23, 2016, 08:01:09 pm »
Does anybody know how to make the bridge difference at a plug socket from a light switch? Even if we have to manually edit a file in homebridge-vera? I'm assuming for each device in vera, the homebridge plugin creates a file somewhere that maybe we can edit?

Currently if I say "hey Siri, turn off all the lights" it turns the sockets off on my computer!